Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What coach do you prefer?
Kyle Shanahan
Doug Marrone
Tom Coughlin
Josh McDaniels
Todd Haley
Jim Bob Cooter
Mike Smith
Other - If so please reply with a name and I can add.
Matt Patricia
David Toub
David Shaw
P.J. Fleck
Sean Payton
Teryl Austin
Bill Cowher
Edgar Bennett
John Harbaugh
Bill Callahan
Jon Gruden
[Show Results]

Which Coach you want to get hired?

This team needs a coach who has NFL head coacing experience. Please not anyone from college.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Jumbo Shrimp fisher could be a belicheck-level coach if he ever made the jump to the nfl. And I hate the Seminoles but I'd love him to be our next coach.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Lol at the Marrone votes. 1 win and you got people calling him to be HC.

No more coordinators please

Quote:Lol at the Marrone votes. 1 win and you got people calling him to be HC.

He should have had his shot over a year ago.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 08:32 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

I actually think our new coach should be marone

I think TC is too old.

And the others I don't have a good gut feeling for.

Doug appears to have a good feel for our team.

And I believe we will win AFC South next year with him running the show.

TC....I think Is just too old....

Idk but I think we need a younger more energetic guy.

Kind of an imposing guy....Not necessarily a guy who gets physical with our players... But u know...a mans man

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 08:36 PM by jseymour.)

Quote:I'm thinking we should go with the Jags coach with the highest win percentage in our history...

Doug Marrone.
He is still part of the worst percentage coaching staff in the Jaguars history.

I honestly don't care who the next coach is, as long as he's successful here..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'd feel most comfortable with Mike Smith or Tom Coughlin. Coughlin is my hopeful.
No commercial messages in sigs

Bill Cowher

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Coughlin

Want Coughlin, think we will get Mike Smith. I like Mike Smith though, so wouldn't be too disappointed.

I voted Marrone.  Because I have no doubt he can beat the clots. 

I picked marrone. Cause these are not average teams.  They are in fact every year divisional rivals.  And in order to be "the hottest ticket!"  Remember that statement. You have to win your division.   if you go 3-1 against them two and split Houston you can very well win the Division. 

Plus Hackett has been great as a OC.  Just some were blinded because didn't always equal wins.  This offense has been more electric in the short time Hackett has been here.  Then the rest of the season or last?  (keep in mind when we made big plays most d last year was not in normal packages) 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

If you want a winning organization, Coughlin is the guy. To win a Superbowl, he may not be. There must be a reason why there was no coach who ever won Superbowl for different teams. Coaches who won it all often tried to duplicate success by trying to install similar elements of the team and it is impossible to do so in the NFL.

Mike Smith defense is doing well but he is too inflexible to adjust to different offenses.

Josh McDaniels might be the guy to take us to the next level. He didn't truly have success from his first try but he was too young and inexperienced. Coaches who learned from their first failure seem to do well providing second opportunity.

I really wish we had a bigger sample size from Marrone.

I like Marrone's historical context. Did pretty solid at Syracuse (I know .500) and then in Buffalo was trending in the right direction.  When I read about that 2014 season as well it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows during that season too.  Benched EJ Manuel mid-season then beat the Green Bay Packers.  Did lose in a playoff scenario game to a bleh Oakland team and got a freebie win vs the resting NE team.

I also like David Shaw's resume, but clearly with no NFL experience it is more risky.

Shaw is potentially the home run/flop hire.  

Marrone is probably the safe hire.

Haley/Smith would be relatively safe as well.  

Patracia falls into the David Shaw category but with even less resume of actual coaching experience, he clearly has the smarts.

Quote:Lol at the Marrone votes. 1 win and you got people calling him to be HC.

I don't get it either lol , Jags have been so bad and  people want to promote within? We need to clean house.  

Quote:I don't get it either lol , Jags have been so bad and people want to promote within? We need to clean house.

Marrone is nothing like Gus. Completely different coaching style. So I dont care much about that. He'd bring in a lot of new guys im sure.

I wish we'd had 6 more weeks with Marrone, I like what he did in Buffalo and last week certainly looked better at first glance. I just don't have enough evidence to decide on him and I don't know if the FO will go that direction.

If it's not him then I like:

Coughlin

Smith

Trade for Payton

Dark Horse: Edgar Bennett

Edit: Rumblings about John Harbaugh this week. That would instantly be my number one by a mile.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If ever a city was built to be coached by a man named Jim Bob Cooter, it's Jacksonville.
Only a chump boos the home team!