Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DRob impressing

Quote:2/10, needs more exclamation points.

Sorry Fla. Sports God...

You don't cut tallent to the likings of DRob...

Sorry...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm convinced that Caldwell has an True Eye for talent regardless of the position...

This year is going to be exciting and next year is going to be Awesome and the year after that...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Sorry Fla. Sports God...

You don't cut tallent to the likings of DRob...

Sorry...

NH3...

I was adjudicating the resident troll's attempt to get some bites. I think DRob is a talent.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Step 1. Put on pads.

Step 2. Show me on Sunday.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2014, 11:36 PM by NOIS.)

Love how its "he hasn't dropped a ball" but watch come preseason he's showed up by Storm (who as a pure RB is a more intriguing prospect to me). I'm rooting for him but I see him as he described himself "get him the ball anywhere on the field and watch him turn heads". He's a gadget/slash like player but could still be a play maker in that role (plenty have in the past). Not a pure running back, though.

No one is safe.

Quote:Love how its "he hasn't dropped a ball" but watch come preseason he's showed up by Storm (who as a pure RB is a more intriguing prospect to me). I'm rooting for him but I see him as he described himself "get him the ball anywhere on the field and watch him turn heads". He's a gadget/slash like player but could still be a play maker in that role (plenty have in the past). Not a pure running back, though.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to start but if he can compliment Gerhorse in that slash/playmaker role that'd be awesome.

Dennard Robinson was born to look good in underwear practice.

If he can't show something in TC and Pre-season he will struggle to make the team.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

I think he might our "Sproles"

Quote:I was adjudicating the resident troll's attempt to get some bites. I think DRob is a talent.

Yes you were and unknowingly how, I commented on your post instead of his...

I Stand Corrected...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Love how its "he hasn't dropped a ball" but watch come preseason he's showed up by Storm (who as a pure RB is a more intriguing prospect to me). I'm rooting for him but I see him as he described himself "get him the ball anywhere on the field and watch him turn heads". He's a gadget/slash like player but could still be a play maker in that role (plenty have in the past). Not a pure running back, though.

I agree on all aspects especially Storm but I will say this. DRob may not be a natural RB but he does have natural running skills w/o a doubt. His quickness, cutting ability and vision is far beyond most good RBs. I hope that the added weight translates well...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I am always weary when I hear Lageman give tons of praise. I feel like him and Boselli were all about guys like Britton too who were busts. But still nice to see the positive vibe. I didn't know DRob had hand and elbow injuries last year. Maybe he will be better.

Actually I would assume he has to be. Last year was just the first year of the switch and it didn't have a direction for him. With a full offseason of RB workout's under his belt, I would expect DRob to become the kind of player we hoped he could be. (Which I see as a scatback like Warrick Dunn who is about the best complementary back I can think of).

yes, the injuries were carryovers from his senior year at Michigan.

His elbow injury was the contributing factor of him having to relinquish his QB playing statue. It affected his throwing abilities...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Good to hear explosive speed.   Should be a great backfield.   Is he listed at RB yet?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Dennard Robinson was born to look good in underwear practice.

If he can't show something in TC and Pre-season he will struggle to make the team.
no.. No we are trying to phase out the term underwear practice.

Quote:Good to hear explosive speed.   Should be a great backfield.   Is he listed at RB yet?

Yes, his primary position is RB...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:DROB will get cut. There is no place on this team for a guy that drops the ball. You can't score at the drop of a ball in the NFL.
You do know he's a running back, right?

Quote:DROB will get cut. There is no place on this team for a guy that drops the ball. You can't score at the drop of a ball in the NFL.

Nor can you score at the drop of a hat...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:no.. No we are trying to phase out the term underwear practice.

Clothes under clothes = underwear.

We must not forget the mighty Ketchman.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:His elbow injury was the contributing factor of him having to relinquish his QB playing statue. It affected his throwing abilities...

NH3...

Was he like the Leftwich statue?

D-Rob isn't only Impressing, he's Progressing... Two Thumbs ^…

As this scenario unfolds, the more I'm impressed w/Caldwell. Highly Impressed. Consecutive he's drafted an talented player knowing that they had an injury that would take time to rectify.

As it turns out D-Rob had an damaged ligament in his throwing hand since mid season as an college Sr. His right thumb and ring finger tendons prevented him from closing his hand. This is the reasoning that he had to relinquish his QB position. He couldn't grip the ball. The Jaguars knew this and drafted his talents regardless.

He's now able to throw spirals (Can U say Wildcat or Pistol?) and catch the ball w/ease. W/his added weight, a full offseason and regained function of his right hand, we hopedully can disregard "First Impressions"...

Training camp where Ya at?

NH3...
"AZANE"