Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Win at Philadelphia 09-07-2014

If you can knock them off their game plan early, it's a winnable game.  I don't see Philly as a guaranteed loss for the Jags.  Quite the opposite.  I think the defense is going to be looking for someone to punch in the mouth with a complete game plan, and I believe there's enough talent on the defense to do exactly that.  We're not going to be a juggernaut, but we can certainly hold our own against a team like Philly. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't think losing by 24 is a beating after last year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:If you can knock them off their game plan early, it's a winnable game.  I don't see Philly as a guaranteed loss for the Jags.  Quite the opposite.  I think the defense is going to be looking for someone to punch in the mouth with a complete game plan, and I believe there's enough talent on the defense to do exactly that.  We're not going to be a juggernaut, but we can certainly hold our own against a team like Philly. 

Another added benefit is that absolutely no one knows what our defense will look like with the new tweaks - Otto, etc.

I expect that might play to our advantage for the first few weeks of the season.

Quote:If you can knock them off their game plan early, it's a winnable game.  I don't see Philly as a guaranteed loss for the Jags.  Quite the opposite.  I think the defense is going to be looking for someone to punch in the mouth with a complete game plan, and I believe there's enough talent on the defense to do exactly that.  We're not going to be a juggernaut, but we can certainly hold our own against a team like Philly. 

^This

Quote:Another added benefit is that absolutely no one knows what our defense will look like with the new tweaks - Otto, etc.

I expect that might play to our advantage for the first few weeks of the season.

Exactly.

Personally, I think they're going to be fun to watch.  They're going to be fast, and they're going to be aggressive.  I'm actually more excited to see the defense when they're game planning than the offense.  If the D is better than expected, any marginal improvement by the offense is going to be gravy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Defensively, the Eagles are vulnerable. Our offensive line needs reps together, but I could see the Jags having a better week 1 offensively than last year against KC. I expect it to be a lot closer than the point spread (whatever it is).
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Defensively, the Eagles are vulnerable. Our offensive line needs reps together, but I could see the Jags having a better week 1 offensively than last year against KC. I expect it to be a lot closer than the point spread (whatever it is).

God I hope so.

Quote:God I hope so.
Yeah i guess that wasn't saying much haha.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:My bud from Gamestop said that  whoever plays PHILLY in week one normally makes the playoffs. He also told me they would take Blake Bortles with the number one pick.
Actually, in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the team that has played against the Eagles in their home opener has gone on to win the Superbowl.

Looks like the league is trying to break that playoff streak with the Jags...

Quote:Exactly.

Personally, I think they're going to be fun to watch.  They're going to be fast, and they're going to be aggressive.  I'm actually more excited to see the defense when they're game planning than the offense.  If the D is better than expected, any marginal improvement by the offense is going to be gravy. 
Yeah I really think defense is going to be strength of Jaguars. I think young secondary and good mix of young and veteran dline will  show big improvement. There's not a proven offensive lineman or Running back. We have 2 rookie wideouts and I think Marqise Lee is raw. Chad Henne is are quarterback. meh

Quote:Yeah I really think defense is going to be strength of Jaguars. I think young secondary and good mix of young and veteran dline will  show big improvement. There's not a proven offensive lineman or Running back. We have 2 rookie wideouts and I think Marqise Lee is raw. Chad Henne is are quarterback. meh

I agree it could be but I'm a little concerned about our LB corps.  They are not the deepest bunch and if Poz were to go down...well, let's just hope that doesn't happen.  The line and the secondary could be shaping up nicely for sure.  Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Option 4 - The Jaguars can't cover the Eagles WR's and get beat by 24.

Eagles 41

Jaguars 17
The Jags WRs vs. the Eagles cornerbacks is a bigger mismatch than vice versa.

Alan Ball was actually one of the best CBs in the league last year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:The Jags WRs vs. the Eagles cornerbacks is a bigger mismatch than vice versa.

Alan Ball was actually one of the best CBs in the league last year.

With a anemic pass rush in front of him. It might be a different story this year. I expect big things from Gratz.

Quote:My bud from Gamestop said that  whoever plays PHILLY in week one normally makes the playoffs. He also told me they would take Blake Bortles with the number one pick.

Well I guess the Jaguars are making the playoffs.  If your bud said it, then it....

.....who am I kidding?  

Geez,

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Watched every game from last season on nfl rewind over the past two days. Amazing how much better the team looked by the end of the season. My take was our offense would have won at least 3 more games if not for the turnovers. I believe we have to be improved from the draft and free agency enough to win 2 more games. Those games lost to turnovers should be corrected this year, so add 4 more wins and we're at 8-8 and season is a positive in a rebuild frame of mind.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

The Jag D is gonna rise up and smite somebody at some point.  I do think they may have a good chance at Philly, but it could also be a work in progress that doesn't congeal until mid-season or later.

I don't think the first week of the season will define how the rest of the season will go. Far from it.

Quote:Well I guess the Jaguars are making the playoffs. If your bud said it, then it....

.....who am I kidding?

Geez,

I believe it was something like the last 7 of 8 teams to beat Philly in week 1 made the playoffs that year. Just one of those weird stats that's semi relevant because we play Philly opening week.

I see a good game. I think the defense will turn some heads. I also think the offense will get off to a slow start. Rookies at WR. A 80% brand new offensive line. A new starting RB. I think it will take some time for it all to become cohesive. That said, I don't see an embarrassment. I see maybe a 21-17 Eagles win or something like that.

Just one man's humble opinion.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I agree it could be but I'm a little concerned about our LB corps.  They are not the deepest bunch and if Poz were to go down...well, let's just hope that doesn't happen.  The line and the secondary could be shaping up nicely for sure.  Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Yeah i agree linebacker is a little concerning, Hayes and Watson are still somewhat young  but have been mostly backups and I have high hopes for Telvin Smith but probably needs a full offseason to get bigger. Laroy Reynolds is unproven as well.