Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The FS position..

Quote:He played in the 190's at Oklahoma. He lost 10-15 pounds prior to the combine after tearing his ACL at the Senior Bowl.

I figured he'd lost some weight post- injury.....Still, I'd rather have him as a CB. 

I'd rather the Jags target a FS in the next draft. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A huge gamble if Dave and Gus wanted to take it on would be to sign Free Safety Ed Reed, if nothing else as a mentor / position coach for our Safeties if he physically couldnt play the way he used to anymore.  If I was Dave (since they have the money to work with) I would sign him (provided in the interview I felt he would be willing to play the educator type role).

Meh, Reed can't play anymore, and I think the idea of him having value as a mentor is overrated too. Didn't help out Houston much last year,...

True, but I think because of how great he was at Free Safety if I was Dave I would at least interview him.

Quote:I figured he'd lost some weight post- injury.....Still, I'd rather have him as a CB. 

I'd rather the Jags target a FS in the next draft. 
That's great and all but what about this season do you really think Josh Evans is a top 30 FS in the NFL? I have doubts about it myself.

I mean for the most part if you have a really good CB that has lost some speed he could transition to Safety.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2014, 10:53 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:That's great and all but what about this season do you really think Josh Evans is a top 30 FS in the NFL? I have doubts about it myself.

I mean for the most part if you have a really good CB that has lost some speed he could transition to Safety.

I think the Jags are pretty much what they are for this upcoming season. 

I'm not expecting much from Colvin at any position this year, tbh. 

In 2015? Yes. 

Quote:A huge gamble if Dave and Gus wanted to take it on would be to sign Free Safety Ed Reed, if nothing else as a mentor / position coach for our Safeties if he physically couldnt play the way he used to anymore.  If I was Dave (since they have the money to work with) I would sign him (provided in the interview I felt he would be willing to play the educator type role).

Thank goodness you're not Dave.  Reed's done.  I know you recognize the name and all, but there's a reason he's sitting on the street right now. You're not going to pay him even the league minimum to be a coach.  That's what you're paying coaches for.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Yeah, this is pretty much a redshirt year for Colvin.

As for FS this year, it's Guy/Evans. Definitely a position I could see being addressed in free agency or early in the draft next year.

Is this after we trade Marcedes Lewis to Green Bay for Tramon Williams? lol

Quote:Is this after we trade Marcedes Lewis to Green Bay for Tramon Williams? lol
What are Reed's fantasy stats again?

He still brings it in Madden, right?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Yeah, this is pretty much a redshirt year for Colvin.

As for FS this year, it's Guy/Evans. Definitely a position I could see being addressed in free agency or early in the draft next year.

I'd like to see how Guy or Evens progress this year. Both Bradley and Babich have had some pretty nice things to say about what Guy has been doing in OTAs. Let's see how that progresses. 

One thing is almost certain.  If the position isn't fixed right now, it won't be until next year.

Quote:Winston Guy is the starting FS and has apparently looked good in camp..

He looks good in "Touchless Camp" as long as he doesn't have to make a tackle.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:He looks good in "Touchless Camp" as long as he doesn't have to make a tackle.

Guy has gotten props from his head coach and coordinator.  That's a good sign regardless of what type of practice it might be. Hopefully that translates into good things when the pads go on.  We'll just have to wait and see. 

I don't mind Winston Guy as much as I thought I would, I just wish he'd try to focus on wrapping up the receiver more rather than going for the big hit. Going for the big hit has led to "highlights" such as Josh Gordon's 91 yard TD where he just shrugged Guy off.

It reminds me of Taylor Mays back when he was at USC.

Weren't a lot of people high on that Loston kid from LSU? How's he progressing?

Evans havent played because of surgery from bone spurs, how does he look lost again?

Quote:Evans havent played because of surgery from bone spurs, how does he look lost again?

Last year as a rookie.  There's no way he could possibly improve.

Quote:Weren't a lot of people high on that Loston kid from LSU? How's he progressing?

First off, didn't he play strong safety at LSU?  Second, he's an undrafted rookie.  Third, there haven't been any reports about his progress.  I'd say he's a star in the making.

Quote:First off, didn't he play strong safety at LSU? Second, he's an undrafted rookie. Third, there haven't been any reports about his progress. I'd say he's a star in the making.
first, I'm not sure, second yes that's correct. Third, I doubt he's a star in the making (yes I know that was sarcasm).

Quote:first, I'm not sure, second yes that's correct. Third, I doubt he's a star in the making (yes I know that was sarcasm).

Best case, he makes the roster as a special team contributor. 

Quote:Best case, he makes the roster as a special team contributor.
I still can't believe people think 10 to 15 rookies are gonna make this roster. That's just insane.