Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NASCAR track wants to host a Jaguars preseason game

They can do it in 3 years once we're done with London.

I don't want 20% of my games taken away.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No offense, but driving from Jax to Daytona for one preseason game is not a big deal. I drive up from the Orlando area for EVERY home game.

That being said, can you imagine the media field day with this? I can hear ESPN now. "The Jaguars are so desperate for fans they are moving a game to a race track."

I'll pass.
doesn't matter what the national media thinks.. If Khan followed the national media there wouldn't be a team in Jax.

I dunno.

Tampa Bay can't handle the middle of the state. Time for some marketing Duuuuuuuuval style!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014, 03:00 PM by Perkolater.)

Quote:doesn't matter what the national media thinks.. If Khan followed the national media there wouldn't be a team in Jax.
True.  I just get sick of hearing it.  LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved a preseason game to Daytona or Orlando.  Obviously from a selfish point of view, I would have a much shorter drive for that game.  But, I think the Jacksonville Jaguars should play in Jacksonville.  Don't play 20% of your home games in a season on the road.

Also, Orlando would pitch a fit about getting a preseason game.  This city that Mickey built has delusions of grandeur.  A preseason game would be beneath them.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014, 03:04 PM by badger.)

I live 5 min from Daytona.  I would love it, but I don't think the Jaguars would draw very much down here.  I mean, there is no way they could sell more single tickets to a preseason game at the speedway than at Everbank.  It doesn't make sense from a financial point of view.  It makes more sense for them to just have a weekend of practice over here.  The local high schools (Mainland/Seabreeze) would love to have the Jaguars come use their practice fields.

Unless all the season ticket holders are expected to buy the Daytona/Orlando/wherever game as part of the season ticket package and make the trip.... which would make a lot of season ticket holders unhappy.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2014, 03:29 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I love how all of these neighboring cities feel its appropriate to leech off our franchise.

Let's be real. It's not like putting a crappy pre-season game in Daytona is going to expand our Orlando/Daytona fan base. They will just want more.

Quote:I love how all of these neighboring cities feel its appropriate to leach off our franchise.

Let's be real. It's not like putting a crappy pre-season game in Daytona is going to expand our Orlando/Daytona fan base. They will just want more.
I think it will and I think Khan will probably see it that way too.

Given we need to have a good product to offer or it's gonna be a bust.

Quote:As a season ticket holder, I'm ok with it.  It's an hour/hour and a half ride for most people in Jacksonville. 

You are taking a chance of getting a whole new population of fans to watch the Jaguars.  Plus, watching a game there could be pretty interesting.

I doubt you'd get that big a bump out of it to be honest.  A whole new population?  Not likely.  Most would be there for the last point you made.  It would be a novelty to see an NFL game at Daytona International. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Daytona is much closer than London. Apples to Oranges IMO. Its not hard to drive 1.5 hours from J-Ville to Daytona, even in the slow lane.

Is it one less home game at EverBank Field?

Apples to apples. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I say no

Quote:They are not moving away from their facilities they just spent millions to upgrade.

Not permanent, just on a one time basis.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:They are not moving away from their facilities they just spent millions to upgrade.

I agree with this.   They're spending all that money upgrading the stadium so people from Daytona and wherever else will want to come to Everbank and watch a game.   Seems silly to do all these upgrades and then play a game in Daytona, even just one game. 

Taking a home game (preseason) is better than taking the team away.  More so, it'll help the fan base grow.  If the fan base grows and demand increases eventually prices will go up too.  Removing a home game and have limited affordable seats have similar disadvantages to those who go to every possible game, but it should be viewed positively for the franchise.

I'm all game (outsider opinion).

While I think the concept is novel, why not let the Fins or Bucs do it and let us have our games in our football stadium (and keep it in America) where it belongs?

Quote:While I think the concept is novel, why not let the Fins or Bucs do it and let us have our games in our football stadium (and keep it in America) where it belongs?

oh yeah, AMERICA!

Quote:Taking a home game (preseason) is better than taking the team away.  More so, it'll help the fan base grow.  If the fan base grows and demand increases eventually prices will go up too.  Removing a home game and have limited affordable seats have similar disadvantages to those who go to every possible game, but it should be viewed positively for the franchise.

I'm all game (outsider opinion).
Sorry, we're past that mindset now.  The team isn't going anywhere.  Taking more home games from the fans is only going to create more problems.  If they want to do this down the road after the London agreement has concluded, fine.  Otherwise, you don't want to take a second game away from the people who are actually invested in a far more committed relationship with the franchise than some looky lou in Daytona. 

Quote:Sorry, we're past that mindset now.  The team isn't going anywhere.  Taking more home games from the fans is only going to create more problems.  If they want to do this down the road after the London agreement has concluded, fine.  Otherwise, you don't want to take a second game away from the people who are actually invested in a far more committed relationship with the franchise than some looky lou in Daytona. 

Daytona won't be ready for it until the 2016 season (NASCAR).  Jaguars play their last London game in 2016.  I think they should wait till 2017, such that dedicated fans get a home regular season game back but lose a preseason game.  In 2018 things resume to full schedule and hopefully a home playoff game ! 

Quote:I dunno.

lol.....you have the dryest humor here! Post more!!