Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN ranking Jaguars roster at the bottom 5 in the NFL

I heard over NFLN Radio this morning the discussion that the AFC South Division is probably the worst group of talented teams in history.

They said and I quote, "If Luck was to get hurt, a garbage team like the Titans, Texans or Jaguars could wind up winning that division and making it to the playoffs" (well below .500)...

Do you think that the Texans & Jaguars will be as bad as last season or did the draft & FA improve them enough to not be an embarassment?  I personally think that the Titans will stay the same if not get worse.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I heard over NFLN Radio this morning the discussion that the AFC South Division is probably the worst group of talented teams in history.

They said and I quote, "If Luck was to get hurt, a garbage team like the Titans, Texans or Jaguars could wind up winning that division and making it to the playoffs" (well below .500)...

Do you think that the Texans & Jaguars will be as bad as last season or did the draft & FA improve them enough to not be an embarassment?  I personally think that the Titans will stay the same if not get worse.

The titans have a new coach and the same crappy QB, they're in the same position the Jaguars were in for 2013, sussing out the roster and getting guys into the system.

The texans will likely be better than last year but not as good as their fans thought they were a couple of years ago. It's hard for a roster with JJ Watt and Andre Johnson to lose 14 games.

Dont forget about Clowney too, Foster isnt bad, Cushing, I mean the team does have some really talented players depends on coaching in my opinion how they go...

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 02:45 PM by Oklahomie.)

Quote:Dont forget about Clowney too, Foster isnt bad, Cushing, I mean the team does have some really talented players depends on coaching in my opinion how they go...

Clowney is still an unknown and I don't think Foster or Cushing have ever been as good as people thought. They'd just be considered ordinary talents for the Jaguars of the last few years.

Hopefully we sweep both the Texans & Titans, and in a perfect world the Colts too!

Quote:I heard over NFLN Radio this morning the discussion that the AFC South Division is probably the worst group of talented teams in history.

I think they are right.  If Luck were to get hurt, we are right in the mix.  Indy would completely collapse without Luck.

Quote:It's still a team coming off a 4-12 season.  Until they prove otherwise on the field, they're going to justifiably be ranked where they are by ESPN. 

....and lets be honest...does it really matter a hill of beans where ESPN may rank us??

Quote:....and lets be honest...does it really matter a hill of beans where ESPN may rank us??

Obviously, it matters to some.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

I can't see the full report because I don't subscribe, but if it's the same they were talking about on the radio...

I believe this report has Cecil Shorts III and Andrew Luck with the same rating.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:I think they are right.  If Luck were to get hurt, we are right in the mix.  Indy would completely collapse without Luck.

I'm not so sure they're even that good with Luck.  The division was awful last season, and they got the door slammed on them in the playoffs by NE (21 point deficit.)  People criticize ATL and CIN, (and their QBs) for their lack of success in the playoffs, but let's see Luck decisively win some playoff games before we anoint him.

The game he won, was the only where he threw more TDs than INTs, and the margin was merely a single point.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

until proven otherwise, we are a bad team

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think this roster is bottom 5 talent. It's largely unproven in many areas but while I think the roster 2 years ago may have been bottom 5, the job Caldwell has done has brought the team to a competitive level from a talent standpoint. Now we have to prove it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think this roster is bottom 5 talent. It's largely unproven in many areas but while I think the roster 2 years ago may have been bottom 5, the job Caldwell has done has brought the team to a competitive level from a talent standpoint. Now we have to prove it.

You're not alone. I don't see this roster as bottom 5 talent either. 

The Jags added a TON of talent this offseason. 

...Gun to my head and had to pinpoint a single number - I wouldn't rank the Jaguars any lower than about 21 or so (of 32) in roster talent.

Quote:You're not alone. I don't see this roster as bottom 5 talent either.

The Jags added a TON of talent this offseason.

...Gun to my head and had to pinpoint a single number - I wouldn't rank the Jaguars any lower than about 21 or so (of 32) in roster talent.
Yep and they've had a couple of apparently good drafts. It will take a while to see how some of the younger guys pan out, so I don't know exactly where I'd put them but while they still have some work to do they're definitely moving up. What matters is that they are becoming a team that may soon become a contender regardless of what ESPN thinks.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The Jags are what their record says they are, and for the last several years it has been pretty bad.

The good news is that you can make some real good strides in just one season with some good coaching and a few good breaks.

Of course just the opposite can happen and a team can have an unexpectedly bad season that no one saw coming. Just ask the Texans and Falcons. I remember some sports writers picking each of them to make the SB last year in the preseason.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

ESPN

Especially

Stupid

People

Network

Need I say more

That's an improvement over last year. It beats being the bottom 5 in the history of the NFL.

The NFC west holds that all time distinction with their 7-9 division champion.

For a good 5-6 years the only thing they were competitive at was getting the number one overall pick.

Quote:Yep and they've had a couple of apparently good drafts. It will take a while to see how some of the younger guys pan out, so I don't know exactly where I'd put them but while they still have some work to do they're definitely moving up. What matters is that they are becoming a team that may soon become a contender regardless of what ESPN thinks.
What about formerly known as Offensive Weapon, Denard Robinson?  Do you think he will have a break out year after the rookie jitters?  Or have we seen all the hype fizzle out on him? 

I do think the roster is better than ESPN states, but I think we'll have a better idea during PreSeason.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2014, 07:50 AM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:ESPN

Especially

Stupid

People

Network

Need I say more
ESPN is owned by Disney since 1996.