Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles, Robinson, and Lee in their Jags uniforms for the first time

Quote:I legit don't know what to do with myself. I've never had a ucf player in duval and now I have two!!! #sex

I'm not sure how far you go back as a UCF fan.  But a couple of questions come to mind.

As an NFL prospect,  what are your expectations for Blake Bortles compared to Daunte Culpepper when he came out of UCF in 1999?

As an NFL prospect,  what are your expectations for Storm Johnson compared to Kevin Smith when he came out of UCF in 2008?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And here we go again pushing another tired old agenda.

I'm just saying....its time to see the old numbers back. 

The Pride is (or should be) a good enough accolade/ honor all in itself. 

Lee is worthy enough to wear 82. 

Quote:I'm just saying....its time to see the old numbers back. 

I kinda like the idea of the smaller WR (Even tho he's not exactly small) having lower numbers, and the big guys like Robinson/TEs etc having higher numbers. 

Yawn.

You're the only person obsessing over the numbers. Keep on whining.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I have no problem with that. 

That said, regarding all the players in the Pride....their numbers should be back in circulation at this point its even been 5 years for Fred's 28. 

There aren't enough numbers in football for retiring numbers or "taking them out of circulation" (same thing). You don't see teams like Dallas doing it. Dez Bryant wears #88 proudly....and #88 was worn by a former HOF'er. 

Only lame teams like the Eagles retire numbers to try and create some phony tradition. The only tradition that matters is the Lombardi's in the trophy case. And the names in the Pride. Keep ALL numbers in circulation. 
Meh. I like that they honor our best and most heralded players in a such a subtle way as to keep their numbers out of circulation or awhile. Just like how 40-49 are available for Tight Ends, opening up 10-19 to WR's was going to happen as more WR's and passing TE's are kept on rosters, and any injuries that may happen to said WR's and TE's which would land them and their # on IR, which would in turn open the door for even more WR's and TE's to be signed to that same roster, you simply need more #'s.

Why is your thirst for a random WR to take 82 greater than your wanting to give Jimmy his due for the greatness he achieved on the field?

I think we're focused on the wrong numbers.

Jerseys really??

Quote:Meh. I like that they honor our best and most heralded players in a such a subtle way as to keep their numbers out of circulation or awhile. Just like how 40-49 are available for Tight Ends, opening up 10-19 to WR's was going to happen as more WR's and passing TE's are kept on rosters, and any injuries that may happen to said WR's and TE's which would land them and their # on IR, which would in turn open the door for even more WR's and TE's to be signed to that same roster, you simply need more #'s.

Why is your thirst for a random WR to take 82 greater than your wanting to give Jimmy his due for the greatness he achieved on the field?

Lee isn't a "random" WR. Nor is Robinson. 

This isn't selecting Mike Thomas/ Jarrett Dillard and handing him 82. 

And, as said, its been 10 friggin years. Its time. I can see keeping the numbers out of circulation for about 5 years, but after that its overkill. No reason to keep them out of circulation past that. 

The Pride is a worthy enough honor should they make it....which I agree, Jimmy should. 

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:Lee isn't a "random" WR. Nor is Robinson. 

This isn't selecting Mike Thomas/ Jarrett Dillard and handing him 82. 

And, as said, its been 10 friggin years. Its time. I can see keeping the numbers out of circulation for about 5 years, but after that its overkill. No reason to keep them out of circulation past that. 

The Pride is a worthy enough honor should they make it....which I agree, Jimmy should. 

Has anyone actually said he wasn't allowed to have 82?

Its not like it was his college number.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM by Vino.)

I don't think it reall matters
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 12:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Has anyone actually said he wasn't allowed to have 82?

Its not like it was his college number.

I know....(but we don't know that he didn't rather want 82 over say 11)...I'm just saying...I think its been long enough to have those numbers OOC. Christ, we didn't even win anything or even reach a SB during that time. It was a nice gesture at the time to keep those numbers off limits, but c'mon, by this time, its getting ridiculous. 

Plus, the Pride (ring of honor) wasn't even in existence back then. Now that it is, I don't think we ALSO need to keep numbers OOC as some sort of honor. Making it to the Pride itself, should be the "honor"

Dude,

Tell all the youngsters about Yards Per Attempt; they'll love it.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 01:15 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Dude,

Tell all the youngsters about Yards Per Attempt; they'll love it.

When interpreted correctly, its one of the best QB evaluating stats there is. :yes: :yes:

I do agree that all numbers should be available...

Nowhere does it say that they're unavailable, but it's clear that they're still out of circulation since noone has worn the 8, 28, 82, 71.....

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Allen Robinson is going to win OROY

Quote:Allen Robinson is going to win OROY

My money is on Brandin Cooks... 

Mainly because he's got Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Damn, I really want to see Bortles starting sooner rather than later. Not until he is ready of course, but I'm really hoping he forces Gus' hand on this.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I know....(but we don't know that he didn't rather want 82 over say 11)...I'm just saying...I think its been long enough to have those numbers OOC. Christ, we didn't even win anything or even reach a SB during that time. It was a nice gesture at the time to keep those numbers off limits, but c'mon, by this time, its getting ridiculous. 

Plus, the Pride (ring of honor) wasn't even in existence back then. Now that it is, I don't think we ALSO need to keep numbers OOC as some sort of honor. Making it to the Pride itself, should be the "honor"

And you don't know that he didn't simply want 11 because it was close to his college number (9)  #9 can't be worn by a WR.  Scobee is #10.  I doubt numbers are that important if you don't get your college number.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The low numbers for WR is cliche. 

Wish Lee would have just taken 81 or 82. Yes Jags, its friggin overdue to let another WR wear 82 for Gods sake. Its been 10 years now.

My choices were 80 or 83 for Lee and 88 for Robinson.

As long as both can play, stay out of trouble, stay away from substances that can get them arrested and/or suspended, stay healthy and happy as Jaguars, I am okay with the numbers they chose.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:My choices were 80 or 83 for Lee and 88 for Robinson.

As long as both can play, stay out of trouble, stay away from substances that can get them arrested and/or suspended, stay healthy and happy as Jaguars, I am okay with the numbers they chose.

Yeah, we never have had a WR wear 88 have we?.....at least not a good one, because I don't remember it. 

Quote:Yeah, we never have had a WR wear 88 have we?.....at least not a good one, because I don't remember it.

None that I can recall.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!