Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pittsburg @ Jacksonville 1995

Quote:I remember that game, but I don't remember it being in 1995.
Game was the first win at home in the Jags existence.1995 all day long!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like the MNF game when we blocked the FG attempt and Bill Cowher wanted to punch Chris Hudson and he ran by him after scooping up the ball for another TD. Those memories will last with me forever.

That MNF game was the most satisfying to my taste buds.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:That MNF game was the most satisfying to my taste buds.

I was sitting right next to two squeeler fans who had been talking trash up to that point. Needless to say, that play quieted them down a bit. It was a great moment!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm from Pittsburgh so at that point I still had a little Steeler in me.  I even wore a Steeler shirt to the game.

By the end of the game that shirt was off and I was all out Jaguar.  That was definitely the turning point for me.....a lot of Steeler fans dont know the game anyway.  I love wearing my Jaguar stuff to downtown Pittsburgh.

Quote:Yep, I think they swept us only 1 year.  We usually split when we were in the same division.  I think where we got ahead in the series was the MNF 9-0 game in 2004 or 2005 and the 2 wins in Pgh in December 2007.

I will always remember that 9-0 game because the Jags gave out those white wacky pool noodle things.

They were long and white and meant to be waved around as the Jags made plays or were driving, but after the game I saw so many fans walking in 3's  holding them up in the shape of 9-0. lol 

What a great memory that was and always will be.

I even went to the Steeler's message boards after the game to see what they were saying and a lot of them were actually saying seeing Jags fans holding up the white sticks in a 9-0 formation was both clever and funny and gave jags fans props for their creativity.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I will always remember that 9-0 game because the Jags gave out those white wacky pool noodle things.

They were long and white and meant to be waved around as the Jags made plays or were driving, but after the game I saw so many fans walking in 3's  holding them up in the shape of 9-0. lol 

What a great memory that was and always will be.

I even went to the Steeler's message boards after the game to see what they were saying and a lot of them were actually saying seeing Jags fans holding up the white sticks in a 9-0 formation was both clever and funny and gave jags fans props for their creativity.

Wiggle sticks!!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Wiggle sticks!!!!

Ah yes, the infamous wiggle sticks.  A real moment of civic pride.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Ah yes, the infamous wiggle sticks.  A real moment of civic pride.

I still have them!  Smile

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm sure mine are in a box somewhere. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The wiggle sticks were white, and near the end of the game when it was clear that we were going to shut them out, everybody made a "zero" with their wiggle sticks.........it was a sight to behold......a sea of zeros in the faces of their fans!

Quote:The wiggle sticks were white, and near the end of the game when it was clear that we were going to shut them out, everybody made a "zero" with their wiggle sticks.........it was a sight to behold......a sea of zeros in the faces of their fans!

Then there was the guy who ESPN panned to who had formed something other than a zero, and was performing an act on camera that assured the wiggle sticks were probably done in Jacksonville. 

Quote:Wiggle sticks!!!!

So that was what they were called.

Quote:Then there was the guy who ESPN panned to who had formed something other than a zero, and was performing an act on camera that assured the wiggle sticks were probably done in Jacksonville. 

I think it was more an oval then a zero, an a long narrow one at that.

Yes, wiggle sticks, alcohol and a Jags victory combo could create a cover the children's eyes moment.

Quote:Then there was the guy who ESPN panned to who had formed something other than a zero, and was performing an act on camera that assured the wiggle sticks were probably done in Jacksonville.

The Westside was well represente that night!

Quote:I think it was more an oval then a zero, an a long narrow one at that.

Yes, wiggle sticks, alcohol and a Jags victory combo could create a cover the children's eyes moment.
Actually  the guy using the wiggle sticks as a lady parts prop was the Clots game and they were beating us 17-0 at the moment .

There is an "h" in the name Pittsburgh  -

Pittsburg @ Jacksonville 1995

And yes...it does matter.

With that said, I'm worried about the Pittsburgh game this year.

I married a Pittsburgh Girl and spent a lot of years in PA.  She’s all Jaguars now, but that’s a hard sell for a kid from there, but she’s smarter than most Steeler fans so she transitioned nicely.

I just hope we show up in force.