Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Woody Paige admits "Jagwads" was the most wrong thing he's ever written

18 years later, Woody Paige can still go screw himself.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was at the game! 14th row 50 yard line!

Woody Paige still doesn't suck as bad as Tony Cornholer
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:Woody Paige still doesn't suck as bad as Tony Cornholer

I have to agree with this.. That guy's like a huge case of dementia, alzheimer's and migraines all rolled up into a balding lump of dog mange. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:18 years later, Woody Paige can still go screw himself.

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I've never liked the guy, and never will. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I was at the game! 14th row 50 yard line!

How were the Denver fans at the stadium?

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2014, 01:02 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:18 years later, Woody Paige can still go screw himself.

Amen and amen. The moment that I read that little quip, it pretty much ended my participation in sports talk / whatever-goes-for-journalism-nowadays. The fact that someone who is paid to report on sports can take an Andrew Dice Clay approach and get even more response out of it is just not for me.

If you want to talk sports, then talk sports; leave the name-calling to the grade school kids.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Was outside the stadium when the players started arriving from the airport.  Some had their own cars and here's John Jurkovich in his red convertible.  What a great night.

[Image: 669u.jpg]

Jurko and characters like him are what made this team great to watch.  So many really good personalities.

I remember watching all the local tv shows on Monday nights after the games.  They always had different players on and they were really good to watch.  The shows now just don't have that personality in them.

Quote:Amen and amen. The moment that I read that little quip, it pretty much ended my participation in sports talk / whatever-goes-for-journalism-nowadays. The fact that someone who is paid to report on sports can take an Andrew Dice Clay approach and get even more response out of it is just not for me.

If you want to talk sports, then talk sports; leave the name-calling to the grade school kids.

He would probably argue he's a journalist/columnist and not a reporter, and that he is allowed to be juvenile and incendiary.

Nevertheless, he was humiliated that day...and deservedly so.

Quote:He would probably argue he's a journalist/columnist and not a reporter, and that he is allowed to be juvenile and incendiary.

Nevertheless, he was humiliated that day...and deservedly so.

Humiliating people with no sense of dignity or decorum just ain't my thang man. I mean, I get it and all and I feel like Paige earned it but it's just not something I am going to participate in.

His presence is a rather big reason why I won't even hover over the "Around the Horn" program. Once I see he is on it, I know that the show has no credibility.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Humiliating people with no sense of dignity or decorum just ain't my thang man. I mean, I get it and all and I feel like Paige earned it but it's just not something I am going to participate in.

His presence is a rather big reason why I won't even hover over the "Around the Horn" program. Once I see he is on it, I know that the show has no credibility.

He humiliated himself...and of course the Jaguars had a hand in it.

You didn't have to participate in it.  That was the beauty of it.

Even if not a single Jaguars fan e-mailed him in the aftermath of that column and game, he still came across looking like a grade A jackass.