Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars OTAs news and notes

Quote:Gimme some of what you 2 are drinkin'.....I wanna get LOADED too!!!

Lmao. Henne is capable that all I'm saying. He's no take over the game type if qb but he can play within the game plan. Everything around him has been upgraded and he has true completion now. He may never start again in the league if Bortles beats him out. I can see that causing him to play some of his best ball.

Just like the Kitna example. He parlayed his time in Cinnciinati into a starting job in Detroit and made more money. Then a back up spot in Dallas. This is a push for Henne. I think he will respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah what a bizarre concept to think Henne will play better with more talent around him... May as well just draft defensive players if quarterbacks play the same no matter their teammates

Quote:Gimme some of what you 2 are drinkin'.....I wanna get LOADED too!!!
Since I have not been drinking, I see where Henne would benefit from more weapons and hopefully a better OLine.

I do have to agree with you that he is a good backup for us to have but not leading us to the promise land.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Yeah what a bizarre concept to think Henne will play better with more talent around him... May as well just draft defensive players if quarterbacks play the same no matter their teammates

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 09:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Since I have not been drinking, I see where Henne would benefit from more weapons and hopefully a better OLine.

I do have to agree with you that he is a good backup for us to have but not leading us to the promise land.

HeadSlap

Not saying Henne won't benefit....

But he's not throwing for 4000 yards, lol....or 25-30 TD's either....

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 09:05 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:Not saying Henne won't benefit....

But he's not throwing for 4000 yards, lol....or 25-30 TD's either....

I could easily see Henne throw for over 3500 yards and over 20 TDs... but his QB rating will still be around 80 at best and will have 20+ turnovers as well.

We will play a high tempo game, and we still have a realistic chance of being behind in many games.

We'll air it out....

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Organized team activities: May 27-29, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-10, June 12-13

Mandatory minicamp: June 17-19.

Quote:Chad Henne will benefit from the improved oline, running game, and receivers.  Henne is going to surprise a ton of people.

Quote:It's very possible for Henne to play better than he has. This team hasn't been full of talent. I could see him breaking 3800-4000 yards if healthy and in the 24-30 td range. Solid numbers
I agree with these. We all know what Henne does when he has virtually nothing around him. Now, we will see what he can do with some talent. He had a solid season with Miami when he had other playmakers around him. He didn't set the world on fire, but he was also a lot more wet behind the ears back then.

I, for one, think Henne is a lot better than most here will be ever willing to give him credit for. He has a season to make his case. Here's a question for everyone. What if he breaks out and plays at a very high level? Then what? It's an interesting question to ponder. A nice problem to have.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote: 

I, for one, think Henne is a lot better than most here will be ever willing to give him credit for. He has a season to make his case. Here's a question for everyone. What if he breaks out and plays at a very high level? Then what? It's an interesting question to ponder. A nice problem to have.
Hopefully he has a nice season and we can get some trade value out of him.

Quote:I agree with these. We all know what Henne does when he has virtually nothing around him. Now, we will see what he can do with some talent. He had a solid season with Miami when he had other playmakers around him. He didn't set the world on fire, but he was also a lot more wet behind the ears back then.

Be a bit like Bress and Rivers. Everyone seems to forget Brees played poor enough for San Diego to draft Rivers

Quote:Be a bit like Bress and Rivers. Everyone seems to forget Brees played poor enough for San Diego to draft Rivers
no Brees got hurt and they didnt think he was gonna be the same.

Quote:no Brees got hurt and they didnt think he was gonna be the same.
He wasnt hurt when SD drafted Rivers.

Quote:Chad Henne will benefit from the improved oline, running game, and receivers.  Henne is going to surprise a ton of people.

C'mon man!!! 

"A lion never roars after the kill."

Quote:no Brees got hurt and they didnt think he was gonna be the same.

See even you have forgotten

Quote:I agree with these. We all know what Henne does when he has virtually nothing around him. Now, we will see what he can do with some talent. He had a solid season with Miami when he had other playmakers around him. He didn't set the world on fire, but he was also a lot more wet behind the ears back then.

I may be in the minority, but if Henne does play at a high level, I'd keep him. Despite the upside of Bortles, high level QB play is hard to come by, and if you have a guy that can do it, I'd keep that guy.

Because if they dump Henne and Bortles doesn't pan out, you're back at square one.

This scenario doesn't have much chance of happening though, I'm just speaking hypothetically.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 10:45 PM by Solid Snake.)

Todman will be cut. Fan favorite but average player.

Henne is a top 40 qb in this league and believe it or not he is in his prime. I don't think he'll set franchise records this year though (bar is set super low).

Quote:See even you have forgotten
I really don't think it due to poor play because Brees was kind of a hot commodity in free agency. I am probably wrong about the rivers aspect of it though. Obviously it turned out pretty well for both teams but better for Norleans.

Quote:I really don't think it due to poor play because Brees was kind of a hot commodity in free agency. I am probably wrong about the rivers aspect of it though. Obviously it turned out pretty well for both teams but better for Norleans.
He played poorly so they drafted Rivers.  Rivers rookie year was when Brees had his breakout year.  The following year he had a good year which was his contract year and he got hurt at the end of the season so they went with Rivers.

Quote:He played poorly so they drafted Rivers. Rivers rookie year was when Brees had his breakout year. The following year he had a good year which was his contract year and he got hurt at the end of the season so they went with Rivers.
ah well I was wrong.