Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags winning poll to have worst record of 2014 season

Wanna read something funny? Go to Walter Football's 2015 mock draft....after all the bashing of Caldwell, he has Caldwell executing a trade with Oakland, moving down only 2 spots and netting a 2016 first round pick in the process!....

So, on one hand he bashes Caldwell, but on the other hand he has Caldwell making another smart move. :wacko: 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't doubt it. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. With Bortles sitting and Colvin "redshirting" in 2014, a high draft pick next year would give the Jags that Blue Chip Defensive building block. This would make 2015 the year the Jaguars really take off.

I know we all want to see them win, but if 2014 is truly going to be the last of the rebuilding years, what would say a (6-10) record accomplish. Keep the the rebuilding going strong for one more year, then we'd have (10-6) type of seasons for years to come.

Quote:So, we didn't win a popularity contest on Walterfootball. Color me shocked.

Yeah, quite a big shock.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Haven't we learned Walter Football is trash yet?!?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

***BREAKING NEWS*** - The Jacksonville Jaguars are still the worst team in the league according to the opinions of the general public. We earned it on the field. We must get the ship righted and even though everything else is going well and there's reason to be optimistic we need to put together a solid year.

No pain, no gain.

Even with this poll out, are they still going to play the games?
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Honestly this team deserves that title until they prove otherwise. They have lots of young talent now but that doesnt mean anything until they get results on the field. 

Quote:Rome wasn't built in a day. With Bortles sitting and Colvin Smith "redshirting" in 2014, a high draft pick next year would give the Jags that Blue Chip Defensive building block. This would make 2015 the year the Jaguars really take off.

I know we all want to see them win, but if 2014 is truly going to be the last of the rebuilding years, what would say a (6-10) record accomplish. Keep the the rebuilding going strong for one more year, then we'd have (10-6) type of seasons for years to come.

lol......who the hell is Colvin Smith??

Who cares, let the clueless bastards think what they want

"A lion never roars after the kill."

Quote:Henne at QB, no premier pass rusher, no #1 receiver, 2 rookie receivers, rebuilt O-line, rookie one read, spread offense backup QB, question at rb, questionable depth talent when injuries occur.  Worst record is highly possible.

If you want to base your prediction on talent alone, explain how we won twice as many games as the Texans last year by sweeping them. They have too much talent to win only two games.

Quote:Honestly this team deserves that title until they prove otherwise. They have lots of young talent now but that doesn't mean anything until they get results on the field. 

No we don't. If we truly deserved that title, we would have won it last year.

People should know by now it is stupid to predict the Jaguars will pick first next year because we can't be worse than we were in 2013 and don't play against the all eight West teams again.

Quote:Honestly this team deserves that title until they prove otherwise. They have lots of young talent now but that doesnt mean anything until they get results on the field. 

We weren't the worst team in football last year.  With improvements to the offense and defense, we shouldn't be the worst team in football this year either.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:If you want to base your prediction on talent alone, explain how we won twice as many games as the Texans last year by sweeping them. They have too much talent to win only two games.

Someone told me that the Texans tanked for Teddy, which is why they ended up with the worst record last year. They lost to the Jags twice on purpose.

That's true isn't it?  Surely with his wealth of football knowledge he would know better then most of us other less football minded posters.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Huge Miami Dolphins fan here and UCF alum, I gotta say I really like what the Jags are doing. Bortles, Joekel, Lee and Blackmon could be one of the best offensive cores in the game, provided they stay healthy (Joekel) and sober (Blackmon). I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up at 6-10 or 7-9 this year if Bortles wound up with the starting gig.

Walterfootball has been very hard on the Jaguars the last 3 or 4 years.  Before that he was neutral towards the Jaguars giving objective analysis, but he has really shown his bias with his after the draft analysis.  He blasted the Jaguars for not taking Bortles in the 20's during the draft, then two paragraphs later suggested the Raiders should have taken Bortles with the 5th pick.  Obviously, you cannot have it both ways.  With Cleveland, Oakland, and Minnesota needing a QB, Bortles was not going to last to #20.

Last year the Jaguars were last in scoring, but #22 in passing yards and #31 in rushing yards.  I think the Jaguars will improve offensively in each of those 3 categories this year.  If Lee and Robinson can each get 30-50 catches this year and Gerhart can crash through the line like he has shown the ability to do, the team has the ability to go as high as #20 in some of the offensive categories.  Defensively the DL is stronger, and with the addition of Watson and Smith the LB have become faster and better.  I think that will result in the Jaguars defense getting back the ball quicker for the offense, and preventing so many long plays and long drives against us.

So I see a more competitive team this year than last year.  Barring some disaster, the Jaguars will not finish last this year.

Quote:If you want to base your prediction on talent alone, explain how we won twice as many games as the Texans last year by sweeping them. They have too much talent to win only two games.
They tanked on purpose.  

File under: Who cares?

I refuse to get my panties in a twist over nonsense like this. Sure there were two games last year I had to simply turn off for fear I would throw up. But I can't get all worked up over an opinion poll when I know the Jags are a target for ridicule. We will start to change perceptions soon enough with the average fan.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:They tanked on purpose.  
Yes, I'm sure their head coach decided he didn't like getting paid millions to be an NFL head coach, and that he was more concerned about tanking to draft Teddy Bridgewater. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This is irrelevant.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana