Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell was on NFL Insiders today

Quote:I'm happy with Robinson. Very happy. But Matthews is pretty much the same receiver Robinson is except also a bit more physical, no?? Plus did it in the SEC. 
What top notch CBs did Matthews go against?

I don't dispute that the SEC generally is a tougher conference than the Big Ten, but you can say that Robinson went against  Bradley Roby and Stanley Jean Baptiste.

From what I can tell, the best CB Matthews went against may have been Jaylen Watkins.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching film on Bortles, Lee, and Robinson again.. These guys' potential is through the roof. Bortles impresses me each time I watch (except maybe that USF game). Robinson and Lee both have potential to be a 1000 receiver. Heck one of these guys might turn out to be the best WR in the draft.

So excited for Jaguar football
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 08:18 AM by InmanRoshi.)

I think Matthews is going to be a fine possession WR in the NFL, however I think Robinson's elite run after the catch skills make him much more than just a big one dimensional possession WR.    He's got some Dez Bryant in him with that size catch radius combined with the ability to run after the catch.  

Quote:I don't think Matthews is in Robinson's league when it comes to running after the catch.    That's what makes Robinson  more than just a one dimensional possession WR.  

One of the things that impresses me the most about Robinson, aside from his after the catch skills, is his apparent no quit, never say die attitude he seems to exhibit.

The best example I can find of this is in most of the highlight clips of him.

Specifically, he has a catch against Ohio State where he starts on the right side of the field and catches a quick hitch, he reverses field and comes to the left side, then cuts it back across the field again and scores a TD.

It was an amazing individual effort on his part, made even more remarkable by the fact Penn St. was losing 63-7 at the time.

He could have easily said the game was over and shut it down.

He could have given half [BLEEP] effort.

He could have given up on the play and tried to avoid injury.

He didn't.

Yeah, I never understood the Matthews love. But then again I didn't, and still don't really, get the Lee love either. Robinson was much better than both to me in evaluations, and nothing has happened to change my mind in the last few months.

I think Lee will be fine, but I do get a little sad when I think that we could be rolling Robinson with Latimer or Adams instead, however.  

If our two new receivers were truly 3 and 4, why did his immediate post draft comments say they were in the top six on their board instead of top four?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Would be curious to see where Dave had Jordan Matthews ranked.  As a Vandy alum, I've seen much more of Matthews than I have of Robinson but I always thought of them as fairly similar prospects.  Robinson may be a little bigger as far as weight but Matthews a tad faster.  However a similar game.  Similar height.  Neither are very quick side to side.  Build speed as they go and are actually pretty fast at top speed.  Both good jump ballers.  Both seem to make a lot of bigtime catches in important moments.  I saw the one Robinson had against Michigan late in the game.  And I've see Matthews make 4 or 5 huge catches late in games when the team needed a first down or a big play that ultimately led them to a win.  While not overly quick or elusive, give them a both a few yards of space with the ball in their hands and have shown the ability to run after the catch and take it to the house.

The only reason I might take Robinson ahead is that I've seen Matthews drop a few passes from time to time that he should catch.  But thats also a product of me watching a lot more of his games than of other WRs.

Quote:Yeah, I never understood the Matthews love. But then again I didn't, and still don't really, get the Lee love either. Robinson was much better than both to me in evaluations, and nothing has happened to change my mind in the last few months.

I think Lee will be fine, but I do get a little sad when I think that we could be rolling Robinson with Latimer or Adams instead, however.
if you don't understand the Lee love then you didn't watch him play his first two years.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:One of the things that impresses me the most about Robinson, aside from his after the catch skills, is his apparent no quit, never say die attitude he seems to exhibit.

The best example I can find of this is in most of the highlight clips of him.

Specifically, he has a catch against Ohio State where he starts on the right side of the field and catches a quick hitch, he reverses field and comes to the left side, then cuts it back across the field again and scores a TD.

It was an amazing individual effort on his part, made even more remarkable by the fact Penn St. was losing 63-7 at the time.

He could have easily said the game was over and shut it down.

He could have given half [BAD WORD REMOVED] effort.

He could have given up on the play and tried to avoid injury.

He didn't.

2 be fai, When Ohio State was up 63-7 in fourth quarter they didn't have a starter in. I bet half the board can't name a WR Bortles threw to without looking it up on google. Bortles and ARob will benefit from each other.

Quote:2 be fai, When Ohio State was up 63-7 in fourth quarter they didn't have a starter in. I bet half the board can't name a WR Bortles threw to without looking it up on google. Bortles and ARob will benefit from each other.

I'm sure the Buckeyes had their reserves in at that point.  I never meant to imply or argue otherwise.

But the fact Robinson remained in the game and put forth maximum effort on a play like that at that stage in the game speaks volumes.  He could have played it cool to minimize his chances of injury.

The game was already long lost.

Quote:if you don't understand the Lee love then you didn't watch him play his first two years.
It's his man crush for Teddyandcronieco that I don't understand

Quote:It's his man crush for Teddyandcronieco that I don't understand
neither did the 32 GMs

Quote:Bortles impresses me each time I watch (except maybe that USF game).

USF was definitely Blake's worst game. But, he didn't get shaken by it. Last minute game winning drive with a perfect deep ball to Perriman to win it. Gotta love how he maintained poise.

kyjaggy and TMD are the same in this respect. They are down on WRs unless they're above average size. To them WRs are only elite if they're like 6'3 or above. But the opposite is ok for QBs. You can be average size and leaner and its ok because their non physical talent puts them over the top.

its contradiction at its finest.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:kyjaggy and TMD are the same in this respect. They are down on WRs unless they're above average size. To them WRs are only elite if they're like 6'3 or above. But the opposite is ok for QBs. You can be average size and leaner and its ok because their non physical talent puts them over the top.

interesting isn't it?

Quote:kyjaggy and TMD are the same in this respect. They are down on WRs unless they're above average size. To them WRs are only elite if they're like 6'3 or above. But the opposite is ok for QBs. You can be average size and leaner and its ok because their non physical talent puts them over the top.

Except I was also one of the first people period to say Brandin Cooks was a no brainer stud 1st round WR. Size matters, but what matters more is being able to catch the ball cleanly and efficiently...and Lee is literally the most awkward body trapping/frying pan hands catcher I've ever evaluated. 

you didn't do a good job "evaluating" him
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:if you don't understand the Lee love then you didn't watch him play his first two years.
I gave a lot of crap with the Bridgewater love before the draft, but 100% agree with him on Lee! I spent a ton of time looking at the recievers this year and I had him as my #9 reciever, behind Matthews who I had eigth and just ahead of Janis. My top 5 in order were Evans-Watkins-Robinson-Cooks- Landry.Had to wonder about being injury prone and the drop from not having Woods on the other side.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014, 01:57 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:Except I was also one of the first people period to say Brandin Cooks was a no brainer stud 1st round WR. Size matters, but what matters more is being able to catch the ball cleanly and efficiently...and Lee is literally the most awkward body trapping/frying pan hands catcher I've ever evaluated.

But yet and still you like Matthews and Latimer. Do you see the contradiction?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I gave a lot of crap with the Bridgewater love before the draft, but 100% agree with him on Lee! I spent a ton of time looking at the recievers this year and I had him as my #9 reciever, behind Matthews who I had eigth and just ahead of Janis. My top 5 in order were Evans-Watkins-Robinson-Cooks- Landry.Had to wonder about being injury prone and the drop from not having Woods on the other side.

So you admit in your own post that you only used this year's game film to form your evaluations?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."