Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
From a talent standpoint, where do the jags rank?

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 11:43 AM by InmanRoshi.)

Quote: Or do you believe that talent can be grown and expanded like ability?

A lot of players have talent that's been untapped, for whatever reason.    A great example is Sen'Derrick.   I'm expecting a big jump from him this year.  He just started to scratch the surface on what he can become as the season progressed and he took to Bradley's coaching and system last year.      I think with further comfort in Bradley's  system he can turn into one of the game's elite tier interior pass rusher.   He's always had Pro Bowl potential in him dating all the way back to college, it's just that no one was able to tap into it.    

I'm expecting Cyprien to be much better in pass coverage this year and show coverage ability people don't realize he has.   People have him pegged as some one dimensional in the box safety, but I don't think the Jags would have spent the 33rd pick in the draft on a one dimensional safety.   You can get those guys in the 4th round.   He has the the athletic ability to be an above average coverage safety, particularly in zone, but it doesn't look like it when he's just out there playing the game on pure instincts like a dog chasing cars in the street.  

Who on that Seattle defense was considered a consensus super-blue chip stud coming out of college?   Earl Thomas is the only obvious example. Guys like Richard Sherman, Clinton McDonald, Red Bryant, KJ Wright, Brandon Mebane  had dormant or not easily recognizable talent that was extracted and refined inside their franchise development process over the course of several years in the system. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!