Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who are the Jaguars?

Quote:Good post Deacon, I feel most of the Jaguar fans would want a Steelers team of a few years ago.  That is why so many fans wanted Bill Cowher to come out of retirement to coach the Jaguars.  Cowher learned under Marty Shottenheimer both of which focus / play was linebacker. 

Thanks, and you make a great point about the Cowher situation. I for one am glad to at least have the suggestion of the team moving forward in terms of football.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nowadays I think I'd describe us as plucky underdogs (undercats ?) who are very much at the start of an upward journey and looking to upset the odds.

I suppose in some ways that's what we were when the franchise started...

"plucky underdogs"   I like that.

Quote:For a while the jags could be summed up as "yeaaah...BUT"

We were good, but there was always something missing.

Run for 375 against the Colts and then later in the year lose to some terrible team.

I think we are also notorious for terrible draft picks in recent years. Lets hope Caldwell is starting to turn that around.

Boy, couldn't agree more on the draft picks thing..    Is there any other team in the NFL with so few of their recent picks remaining?

I'm confident Caldwell has already changed this.

"23.  Bengals -  what team has made more changes, coaches, qbs, Wr's.  Nothing works, and it never will.  They should move to London."

I FULLY AGREE

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

It's interesting to hear other people's ideas on what we were, are, and should become.

Every team has had their down-cycles, and time in the basement, yet still retain the "wrinkles" associated with their past.

I always hated how we used Fred Taylor after his first couple of seasons.  He was great off-tackle, but it always seemed like Del Rio would send him "up the middle" for 1...

He did the same damn thing with MJD.  Both of them had really good hands for RB's, and would have benefitted greatly from more screen type plays ala Brian Westbrooke.

Big D, that's a legacy that should be cleaned, polished, and put on the field! 

Quote:"23.  Bengals -  what team has made more changes, coaches, qbs, Wr's.  Nothing works, and it never will.  They should move to London."

I FULLY AGREE

Marvin Lewis is one of the longest tenured coaches in professional sports.

Playing in a humidor in September. Players like McNabb getting over heated and hurling on the field.

Best NFL mascot

Next: Jumbo trons X10

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Nowadays I think I'd describe us as plucky underdogs (undercats ?) who are very much at the start of an upward journey and looking to upset the odds.

I suppose in some ways that's what we were when the franchise started...
Plucky?

I'd say that's pretty spot on.  The best thing about our organization today is that our identity is unknown.  With Gabbert and Mojo gone, the last of our monikers have faded away.  We are a blank slate, and I for one believe that the NFL fan base as a whole will root for us when we win, because everybody likes a come back story.

We were the Lucky Kids, only good because of our expansion draft, and errant FGs.

We were Thunder and Lightning.

We were the Yang to Indy's Yin, ground and pound with solid D, to their light and airy finesse game.

We were the Running Team, the one two punch of Freddy and Mojo.

We were the LA Jags, the London Jags, Tebow fodder and the Real American Hero.  We were Mularkey.

but now...

We Are Jaguars, and our history isn't written yet.

I disagree with the franchise having no identity. Maybe no player. But I think the current identity if the franchise is the coach.

And I don't have a problem with that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Marvin Lewis is one of the longest tenured coaches in professional sports.

So he is..  Wow, hard to believe he's been there that long, and 3 Divisional titles too.  I like Marvin Lewis, just hasn't been able to get it done (yet).  

It wasn't a knock on him....really the whole post was kind of just to be fun....sorry for any inaccuracies.   Just not a Bengals fan, hey, they were the enemy!

The whole NFL's the damn enemy now after our last few embarrassing seasons, and some of the things that have been said about us.  It's time we made our mark.

Let it start this year!  Sept. 7th baby..

WE ARE!

(JAGUARS!)

WE ARE!

(JAGUARS!)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:WE ARE!

(JAGUARS!)

WE ARE!

(JAGUARS!)

#dtwd
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:[Image: Happy_Mothers_Day.gif]

nice line up !

from left to right

corn,blank 2, mystery meat,winner winner chicken dinner !

who you got ?

Quote:nice line up !

from left to right

corn,blank 2, mystery meat,winner winner chicken dinner !

who you got ?
The first one looks like Flo.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't like mommy jeans, mom butts, mom stomachs/bladders.

We are the .gif makers.

We come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills our paths led. And through the air.

We are those that walk unseen.

We are the clue-finders, the web-cutters, the stinging flies.

We were chosen for the lucky number. We are those that bury our friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water.

We came from the end of bag, but no bag went over us.

We are the friends of bears and the guests of eagles.

We are Ring-winner and Luckwearer; and we are Barrel-rider
s.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We are nasty hobbitses ?

Quote:We are nasty hobbitses ?

We are... but I don't want to derail the thread.

I'm just really glad that you picked up the reference.

I love this team, but we are defintely known as the 'London Jaguars', simply because we are the leagues most unpopular team. This will not change until we make consecutive playoff contentions and/or win the big one.