Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Camping With FBT - 5/16/14

Excellent information and detail! Much appreciated!

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the best contribution I've seen you make since I became a member.  Thanks for posting it up.

You should make an audio version, I can't stare at my computer screen for so long at a time or I get a headache lol. 

Sounds like Championship. I approve

Thanks for the Camp Report, Tim. Had to work and couldn't get out there today.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:This is the best contribution I've seen you make since I became a member.  Thanks for posting it up.
Haven't been here long, have you? If you liked this report, wait until you see his regular camp reports...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Nice job and thank you!

I watched what I could online during the live footage but I actually learned more by reading your summary...thanks!

[Image: gif_im_color_dither_200_gif_300x100_76f40b.gif]

What's with the having to register to get into a free event thing they've got going on now? That had to be a whole new kind of cluster schtup with people showing up that didn't know that you had to register!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:What's with the having to register to get into a free event thing they've got going on now? That had to be a whole new kind of cluster schtup with people showing up that didn't know that you had to register!

They had a tent there to handle the folks who didn't register in advance.

What's the deal? In order to register, you have to give your name, address, phone, and email. You also have to tell them if you're a season ticket holder or not. It's a not so transparent way to identify Jag fans interested enough to come out to watch a practice who don't currently own season tickets. Cheap marketing concept.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I watched what I could online during the live footage but I actually learned more by reading your summary...thanks!

I didn't see the feed, but I'm sure it was like watching a game on TV. You don't see as much as you would if you were there.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:They had a tent there to handle the folks who didn't register in advance.

What's the deal? In order to register, you have to give your name, address, phone, and email. You also have to tell them if you're a season ticket holder or not. It's a not so transparent way to identify Jag fans interested enough to come out to watch a practice who don't currently own season tickets. Cheap marketing concept.

Ahh...that makes sense. Thanks!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Thanks FBT. Great writeup as always

Thanks, FBT.

What's most concerning from your experience at rookie camp?

Quote:Thanks, FBT.

What's most concerning from your experience at rookie camp?

It is tough to really be concerned about anything at this point since we aren't seeing the entire team out there.

Thanks FBT.. Can you give a quick analysis after some time to reflect on Bortles? Watched the rookie highlights but couldn't gleam a whole lot from it.

Thanks for the write up. Good stuff.

Quote:Thanks FBT.. Can you give a quick analysis after some time to reflect on Bortles? Watched the rookie highlights but couldn't gleam a whole lot from it.

It's tough to get much from an underwear practice where there's no real contact.

There are areas where he's going to need improvement. I think a concern is getting him the reps he needs to develop timing with his receivers, and to get a feel for the speed of the game at this level. It was only the first practice, so I wasn't expecting him to be on the same page with his receivers. There were times when it clicked, and a few where it didn't quite.

He looks like he belongs out there.

He really does stand tall in the pocket. I watched him step up and deliver the ball with a lot of traffic around him. That's something that always seemed to be lacking for Gabbert. But, then again, he's not getting hit out there, so we'll see how that translates. It was just nice seeing a QB slide forward in the pocket when the rush was coming.

They didn't really have him under center enough to get a sense for how he'd deal with that. When he was, it didn't seem awkward at all with his footwork. He looks like a guy who is mobile when he has to be. He can run pretty well, but it doesn't seen to be his first choice.

His arm strength looks fine. He was throwing into some pretty tight windows yesterday and didn't have any passes that looked like they were floating. Granted, he was going against a bunch of workout guys, so it's tough to gauge how that translates to NFL competition.

When they spoke after the draft about getting him extra reps after practice, they weren't kidding. As soon as the session was over, he was back on the field with his position coach and coordinator and some receivers working on his footwork, particularly from under center. I stayed up there for a good 20 minutes after practice watching him go through additional reps and instruction before they let him go meet with the press and sign a ton of autographs for fans.

Great report as always Tim. Thank you very much for this service to Jaguar Nation.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Thanks FBT. Sounds like he is passing the eye test and will get plenty of needed work.. As you said we'll know more when he plays in live situations.