Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell "wants Cecil Shorts here long term", have had discussions about new deal

I hope we do keep him long term, i just wish he could stay healthy. Would love to see him be a star with Bortles and crew in the near future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's staying, Cecil was only a few yards shy of being a 1k WR with Gabbert and Henne throwing the ball and injury issues. I just hope he can stay healthy and let his full potential out.

[Image: bunny-gif.gif]

Quote:He's still being paid by the Jaguars as far as I know.

There is a place for Gene in the league as a scout.  Just don't let him make the final decisions on who plays on your team.

That's being unfair to Gene Smith.  Gene was misunderstood as a General Manager here, and  I think he deserves another shot.  And I hope when the Titans fire their General Manager, he gets the shot he deserves.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I wouldn't go too high on the pay scale with CSIII. He hasn't been able to complete a full 16 without getting hurt, and he's a good but not great talent, even when healthy. 

I don't mind an extension, but he doesn't deserve huge dollars. 

Good to resign him after a little bit of a disappointing year. Sign him long term, and then hope he explodes much like MJD, leaving us with a bargain contract. 

Quote:I wouldn't go too high on the pay scale with CSIII. He hasn't been able to complete a full 16 without getting hurt, and he's a good but not great talent, even when healthy. 

I don't mind an extension, but he doesn't deserve huge dollars. 
You really think this front office is going to give him huge dollars?  Really?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 04:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You really think this front office is going to give him huge dollars?  Really?

To be honest, I don't know. 

Thats the one area we really haven't a clue. Have any contract extensions like this come up (yet) under their watch?

They extended Marks.

Quote:To be honest, I don't know. 

Thats the one area we really haven't a clue. Have any contract extensions like this come up (yet) under their watch?

They haven't put together a contract yet that would be considered overspending.  Marks contract was reasonable, as were the bigger free agent acquisitions they've signed. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

E. Sanders got 3 years 15 million with 6 million guaranteed. That seems about right for Shorts.

About 5M per year sounds reasonable. 

What are #2 WRs being paid?

Quote:E. Sanders got 3 years 15 million with 6 million guaranteed. That seems about right for Shorts.

Shorts has been marginally more productive with significantly less talent around him. I think he should get a little more than that should he stay healthy and have another good year.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:But, we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him in trade, right?  This is just talk to gin up his trade value.

I understand your point but I really see Cecil being traded if he lights it up early in the season.

Quote:I understand your point but I really see Cecil being traded if he lights it up early in the season.

Really?  So, that's how it works?  They give him a new contract, and when he starts to light it up, rather than ride that success and enjoy it, we trade the player away? 

Quote:Really?  So, that's how it works?  They give him a new contract, and when he starts to light it up, rather than ride that success and enjoy it, we trade the player away? 

Do you really believe he'll get a new contract this season prior to the trade deadline?  I don't.  I think it is more likely that he gets traded prior to the deadline than gets an extension.

Quote:Do you really believe he'll get a new contract this season prior to the trade deadline?  I don't.  I think it is more likely that he gets traded prior to the deadline than gets an extension.

If the team is making it public that they are talking to his agent about an extension, why shouldn't I believe they're looking to get a contract extension done?  They've been habitual liars in the past?

If they don't get a deal done, he won't be traded.  He'll leave in free agency unless they're willing to take a 5th or 6th rounder for him.

I just don't get all of this talk about trading our most polished and best WR..

Quote:I just don't get all of this talk about trading our most polished and best WR..

It's due more to the fact that he is expiring than anything else. As already evidenced, Caldwell doesn't seem like a guy too keen on just letting his assets walk for nothing. Better to reach out for an extension now and gauge interest and see what the player/agent are looking to receive. If there is a disagreement, then you begin to make calls around the league.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.