Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars billboard in Orlando

Winning will sell tix.

Eddy Farah has billboards up too.

But still, a good move.

Tampa is still closer, and once the novelty of a local guy wears off.... It's the win loss column that counts.

But the team needs to tap into the market there, so it's a step I suppose.

Will they buy tix to see him on the bench this year?
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Jags will never truly get the market. Look at the MLB maps, that area is Yankees, Boston, and Braves 3rd. They will only support winners or big media teams. Then you have the team supporters for Miami and Bucs. The only way the Jags will get any interest is to win and start drawing national interest. The city has a ton of bandwagon fans and they will then support the Jags as long as they continue winning.

Quote:There's not a chance of that.  Orlando is as transient in nature as Jacksonville because of the hospitality industry.  They'll cherry pick what they can, but you've got a lot of people in the region who aren't there year round, or they work in an industry where they're not getting paid enough to buy season tickets and trek to Jacksonville 7 times a year. 

Disney and Universal cater to tourists, so there's not much you're going to tap from that population.

The Jaguars have done the research on Central Florida.  They'll do marketing in the area knowing it probably won't provide a huge ROI.  The market is just too saturated.

Orlando is a huge and diverse market, I agree it's transient, but they support the Magic very well and if a team would make a concerted effort to market there then I believe that the fans will follow, especially Bortles. Also, why not try and cater to the hospitality market? Sell ticket packages that include a trip to Disney and a Jags game? What about an all inclusive sports package that includes a Jags game, Magic game and a trip to the ESPN sports complex down by Disney? If you get creative there is potential for sure.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Orlando is a huge and diverse market, I agree it's transient, but they support the Magic very well and if a team would make a concerted effort to market there then I believe that the fans will follow, especially Bortles. Also, why not try and cater to the hospitality market? Sell ticket packages that include a trip to Disney and a Jags game? What about an all inclusive sports package that includes a Jags game, Magic game and a trip to the ESPN sports complex down by Disney? If you get creative there is potential for sure.
Single game tickets don't help this team as much as selling season tickets.  If they're partnering with a resort to sell a ticket, they're giving them a discounted or subsidized ticket.  That doesn't really address the need for more season ticket holders. 

I would contend that the Jaguars will probably gain more season ticket holders from areas west and north of Jacksonville, and probably immediately south of us than they will from Orlando.  There's potential to get some support there, but it's just too watered down because of the nature of the population there. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Single game tickets don't help this team as much as selling season tickets.  If they're partnering with a resort to sell a ticket, they're giving them a discounted or subsidized ticket.  That doesn't really address the need for more season ticket holders. 

I would contend that the Jaguars will probably gain more season ticket holders from areas west and north of Jacksonville, and probably immediately south of us than they will from Orlando.  There's potential to get some support there, but it's just too watered down because of the nature of the population there. 
Granted, but you could package the new premium tickets and if a resort buys them for packages for all games, then that is just as good as selling a season ticket.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Granted, but you could package the new premium tickets and if a resort buys them for packages for all games, then that is just as good as selling a season ticket.

The team wants to sell these premium seats as season tickets.  They made that pretty clear today, and they also indicated that they're having good luck in selling these.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:The team wants to sell these premium seats as season tickets.  They made that pretty clear today, and they also indicated that they're having good luck in selling these.

$$$$$$$ need i say more?

Quote:The team wants to sell these premium seats as season tickets.  They made that pretty clear today, and they also indicated that they're having good luck in selling these.

Yeah, I saw that. It's for sure good news, but developing the fanbase in outlying areas (especially Orlando) needs to continue to be an area of focus. They really need to find a way to bring those fans into the fold. I remember when Weaver was still the owner they floated the idea of playing a game in Orlando. We will see how things go with Khan but I wouldn't be surprised to continue to see a lot of momentum with the picks of Blake and Storm. Also Lamping is targeting areas as far north as Charleston. I wonder if Ace could have a role in appealing to fans up there. Think of franchises like the Braves and Redskins, they built regional alliances all across the mid-atlantic and southeast. The Jags footprint should be all the way from Charleston to Orlando and they already have the TV and Radio affiliates in place. It's genius.

Quote:Yeah, I saw that. It's for sure good news, but developing the fanbase in outlying areas (especially Orlando) needs to continue to be an area of focus. They really need to find a way to bring those fans into the fold. I remember when Weaver was still the owner they floated the idea of playing a game in Orlando. We will see how things go with Khan but I wouldn't be surprised to continue to see a lot of momentum with the picks of Blake and Storm. Also Lamping is targeting areas as far north as Charleston. I wonder if Ace could have a role in appealing to fans up there. Think of franchises like the Braves and Redskins, they built regional alliances all across the mid-atlantic and southeast. The Jags footprint should be all the way from Charleston to Orlando and they already have the TV and Radio affiliates in place. It's genius.

The best selling point for getting more fans of the team is winning.  If the team is winning, people will show up from all over the region, especially with the effort to rebuild the radio and TV network. Players may give you a little boost, but winning is what is going to draw fans in.  We've had fans in the region the Jags are diving back into before.  But, when the team struggled, they let that slip away.  

Quote:The best selling point for getting more fans of the team is winning.  If the team is winning, people will show up from all over the region, especially with the effort to rebuild the radio and TV network. Players may give you a little boost, but winning is what is going to draw fans in.  We've had fans in the region the Jags are diving back into before.  But, when the team struggled, they let that slip away.  

Of course, until that happens consistently though you need to look for other avenues to build up the fan base. This offseason is a big step towards that goal.

I'm a Jaguars fan down here in Melbourne.  We get the Orlando stations as our local broadcast.  The apology issued for showing a Jaguars game last year bothers me still.  Of course we are from Jacksonville initially so of course we are more loyal to the team.  Orlando is going to have a MLS team and based on the demographic changes, that team will draw well.  Heck my wife's high school where she teaches history can barely field a football team.  Too many soccer types and overseas students.

Cool billboard indeed Big Grin

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'm a Jaguars fan down here in Melbourne.  We get the Orlando stations as our local broadcast.  The apology issued for showing a Jaguars game last year bothers me still.  Of course we are from Jacksonville initially so of course we are more loyal to the team.  Orlando is going to have a MLS team and based on the demographic changes, that team will draw well.  Heck my wife's high school where she teaches history can barely field a football team.  Too many soccer types and overseas students.

Cool billboard indeed Big Grin

That's another big in with the Orlando market. Bring Fulham over to scrimmage the Orlando squad, or even invite them to Jacksonville to scrimmage the Armada. You have to continue to be creative.

Khan and Lamping have created such an inclusive atmosphere, and deserve a lot of credit. This has been the most positive atmosphere around the jags in a long time, and everyone is invited.

Quote:Khan and Lamping have created such an inclusive atmosphere, and deserve a lot of credit. This has been the most positive atmosphere around the jags in a long time, and everyone is invited.

They're finding new and creative ways to enhance the fan experience without pricing the fan out of the possibility of enjoying it.  Season ticket holders get such tremendous access to the team, that alone makes the investment worth it.  They've really recognized that part of this process requires them to keep the season ticket holders happy, but more importantly, interested.  Forums, upgrades, perks, and other things that are exclusive to the season ticket base make it worthwhile from my perspective.

Having that Orlando Sentinal writer cracking vile jokes is no help. What's with that dude?

The sports writers of that market could be a big help if we could turn them our way.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Having that Orlando Sentinal writer cracking vile jokes is no help. What's with that dude?

The sports writers of that market could be a big help if we could turn them our way.

Orlando has always looked down on Jacksonville, and they're still ticked off that we ended up with an NFL franchise, and they didn't.  They feel they're entitled. 

That pic is to clean

Quote:To that end I wish the Jags would try to include the Orlando media more. Designate an Orlando station as “Orlando’s Home of the Jaguars” (don’t include Jacksonville). This should also be done for Gainesville, and Tallahassee and any other city in our region that has actual TV stations based there.

Just like reporters from our local stations have gone to the games in Gainesville, or Tallahassee to cover UF and FSU games personally rather than using footage shot by some other station or network they should be here personally. This would go a long way towards regionalizing the franchise. I’d also love it if those cities would also have their local newspapers cover the Jags rather than relying on the AP.
The sister station of WJXT will be the Orlando home of all Jaguar TV programming that Channel 4 will be doing...  Oh yeh.. it is also the CBS outlet that has been apologizing for showing Jaguar games for years...   My guess is they'll pick up sold out home games like the Steelers and Dolphins for sure and maybe Colts and Browns with JF...  I checked their website and the Jags are now listed as the first NFL team.    

Quote:The sister station of WJXT will be the Orlando home of all Jaguar TV programming that Channel 4 will be doing...  Oh yeh.. it is also the CBS outlet that has been apologizing for showing Jaguar games for years...   My guess is they'll pick up sold out home games like the Steelers and Dolphins for sure and maybe Colts and Browns with JF...  I checked their website and the Jags are now listed as the first NFL team.    

Yeah, we picked up more affiliate channels from Charleston all the way to Orlando. My guess is Lamping offered them free programming an lots of access in exchange for them to stop [BLEEP] about showing our games and get on board.

LOVE IT.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Orlando has always looked down on Jacksonville, and they're still ticked off that we ended up with an NFL franchise, and they didn't.  They feel they're entitled. 
Sure I understand that, Tampa, Miami and Jacksonville have teams and THEY don't.

But instead of having an endless chip on their shoulder, their local media should line up with one and get a new attitude.

They will never have a team anyway.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson