Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon's locker redistributed

Quote:Peanuts?

Charles Schulz?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Charles Schulz?

[Image: Charlie-Brown-Christmas-Peanuts-dance.gif]

I gotta agree with TMD he has to much talent to just let walk. Hold onto him as long as you can.. That being said I don't think it's looking good for him. Really hope he turns it around.

Quote:Well, Blackmon isn't expected to be on the roster for at least the first 8 games, and maybe the season, so to jump to any conclusions is kinda dumb. 

Were they supposed to just leave an empty locker there for a player that might not be there all season?

If Blackmon comes back later, he'll take someone elses locker. 

Not a big deal. 
Blackmon - Suspended indefinitely, might not return

TMD - Don't give up on him

Shorts - last year of his contract

HE GONE

Blackmon is a draft pick from the previous regime, he's on a short leash just based on that.  I think giving his locker to Bortles is yet another message to him.  I for one no longer even consider him a Jaguar.  

If he's reinstated and is on the roster, I'll cheer for him.  But I'll remain skeptical of his character and his on play untll he can stay on the field for 16 straight games.  

Until then he's just a guy that we have on retainer.  He had 1 great game against Houston his rookie year, and a very good game against Denver last year.  Over a 2 year period I'm not impressed.  Just because he has potential doesn't mean I'm going to lose my mind if he never suits up with the Jaguars again.  

With that said, the concern about building chemistry is overrated.  To me, if/when he comes into the Jaguar locker room I have a feeling he will be treated by the rest of his team-mates with alot of apprehension.  The guys in the locker room are going to have AND HAVE ALREADY HAS alot of bonding time without him.  I wouldn't be surprised if the guys consider him to be just some dude as well,  It's not like he's had tons of time with our team to build bonds.  He's gonna have alot of work ahead of him both in terms of his play and his relationships with his team-mates.  

Personally, I think the best case scenario is to trade him, but that's long odds considering his track record.  If they just cut ties with him, I personally would be OK with it.  Who cares if he turns into a Chris Carter player for another team.  How many Superbowls did CC go to?  

All this move really indicates is they needed the lockers with the roster expanding to more than 80 players.  It's symbolic that Bortles is taking the locker, but I think most are reading more into this than is actual reality at this point.  If Blackmon isn't really expected back this year, the locker can be re-purposed.  He won't need it. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Blackmon - Suspended indefinitely, might not return

TMD - Don't give up on him

Shorts - last year of his contract

HE GONE

Yeah, the suggestion we should trade Shorts because of his contract status is something I don't get.  I don't have a problem with taking a wait and see approach with Blackmon because there's just too much talent there to simply walk away if he's able to get his life in order.  If he applies for reinstatement, and the league grants his request, I'd prefer to see this team take a long look at the situation before simply dumping him.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:All this move really indicates is they needed the lockers with the roster expanding to more than 80 players.  It's symbolic that Bortles is taking the locker, but I think most are reading more into this than is actual reality at this point.  If Blackmon isn't really expected back this year, the locker can be re-purposed.  He won't need it. 

You're right in both regards.  This move is based on space, to be sure.  But they could have given Bortles the locker of Gabbert which would have diffused this conversation from ever occurring. To this tin foil hat wearer, it appears that the move and announcement of the move is sending a message.  One that I think it good for the team.

Quote:You know, it's pretty sad that the best pick of Gene's career was probably a WR who will never get to play for us because he's indefinitely suspended.  

Also ironic considering Gene Smith only wanted to draft high character guys.

Im gonna have to agree with FBT (yikes). You keep JB on the roster for cheap until he is ruined and shows no signs of promise. The worst thing we could do is cut him and then watch him dominate for another team. IF he comes back give him a chance to re-earn trust and if he screws up again he's gone and cant play for any team anymore either way due to perma ban.

If he doesnt want to get it together then he just sits there and it doesnt matter. We have enough WRs now to consider him a luxury so just sit on it until he either shapes up ships out for the grocery line at Publix.

Jaguars twitter just reported that this is not true

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ke-bortles

NICE!!!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlfieBCC'>/r/Alfie ‏@AlfieBCC </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlfieBCC/status/466284633727205376'>4m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Even better. RT <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>@ryanohalloran</a>: Correction -- Justin Blackmon's old locker is now occupied by Stephen Morris, not Blake Bortles. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

Quote:Also ironic considering Gene Smith only wanted to draft high character guys.
Even more ironic is the fact that he was regularly lambasted for having the character clause.  When he deviated, we got a talented player who is incapable of staying on the field because of an affliction he can't shake.

Quote:You're right in both regards.  This move is based on space, to be sure.  But they could have given Bortles the locker of Gabbert which would have diffused this conversation from ever occurring. To this tin foil hat wearer, it appears that the move and announcement of the move is sending a message.  One that I think it good for the team.
Turns out the report was incorrect, and Bortles isn't taking Blackmon's locker. 

I bet there was brew in that locker.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Even more ironic is the fact that he was regularly lambasted for having the character clause.  When he deviated, we got a talented player who is incapable of staying on the field because of an affliction he can't shake.

One can surmise 2 reasons for this outcome:  Worst GM ever, or most unlucky.  Either way, it's good for the Jaguars that he's gone!

Quote:One can surmise 2 reasons for this outcome:  Worst GM ever, or most unlucky.  Either way, it's good for the Jaguars that he's gone!
Indeed.  The team is in a better place today than it was a year or two ago, that's for sure.

Quote:Turns out the report was incorrect, and Bortles isn't taking Blackmon's locker. 

Just saw that!  The conversation I think is still a good one.  :-)  

Top bit of journalism. Turns out it's false.

Quote:Even more ironic is the fact that he was regularly lambasted for having the character clause.  When he deviated, we got a talented player who is incapable of staying on the field because of an affliction he can't shake.

Interestingly back during the 2012 draft, everyone was concerned about Floyd's character, and preferred Blackmon.  I remember because I thought getting Blackmon wasn't a possibility, and I wanted Floyd.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.