Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Highlight Videos

Figured I would watch some cut ups on Colvin, ugh.  First one I pick he did not look good, burned for 3 TDs

http://youtu.be/HwouFg3lYs8

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Colvin seems like a pretty solid tackler though...

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Quote:Colvin seems like a pretty solid tackler though...
yeah lol, hopefully that was just a bad game for him

I could have sworn that there were Senior Bowl practice write-ups on some of these guys but I can't find them. Anybody know where those could be found?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I could have sworn that there were Senior Bowl practice write-ups on some of these guys but I can't find them. Anybody know where those could be found?

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/category/2014-...ft/page/4/

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/01/21/jen...e-reports/

<p style="font-size:.9em;color:rgb(127,145,157);font-family:'PT Serif', serif;background-color:rgb(30,33,35);">DE Chris Smith (Arkansas)

<p style="font-size:.9em;color:rgb(127,145,157);font-family:'PT Serif', serif;background-color:rgb(30,33,35);">The South started with defensive installation work today. Smith’s linemates on those reps – Brent Urban (6-7, 298), DeAndre Coleman (6-5, 315) and Dan McCullers (6-7, 348) – made his frame look almost hobbit-like by comparison. At a whisker over 6-1, Smith doesn’t fit the preferred 4-3 defensive end prototype. But Smith has the arm length and wingspan of a player three inches taller and a lower body reminiscent of a 5-technique.

<p style="font-size:.9em;color:rgb(127,145,157);font-family:'PT Serif', serif;background-color:rgb(30,33,35);">Smith didn’t dominate on every rep as Ford did, but he won on the vast majority of his snaps. Smith featured a quick first step, a pass rushing lean that looked skinnier and longer than his frame would suggest and a nice complement of edge, power and spin rush moves. If he can more consistently play with the leverage his lower body should provide against the run, he could ride this week’s strong play into a second day grade.

And just for kicks:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/01/13/ucf...e-bortles/

I wonder if they've thought about putting Colvin at FS? Solid tackler and can clearly cover. 

Quote:I wonder if they've thought about putting Colvin at FS? Solid tackler and can clearly cover. 

That sounds like a good fit for him. But He did say earlier today on the rookie premiere that he believe he excels on man to man, so the transition would take him some time. 

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Quote:That sounds like a good fit for him. But He did say earlier today on the rookie premiere that he believe he excels on man to man, so the transition would take him some time. 
Could put him at FS on passing downs let him go man to man on TEs etc.