Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your bold predictions for this draft class

If you count the signing of the undrafted, don't be surprised if either tight ends D.J. Tialavea or Marcel Jensen makes the top 53 while the other ends up on the practice squad. Both look like they should have been drafted and I can see this being the last year for Marcedes Lewis.

Jags have me excited again. Original season ticket owner and the past few years it was hard to keep buying. GO JAGS!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

one of the rookies wins ROTY

Quote:one of the rookies wins ROTY

Based on the fact that the Jags are getting at least a little bit of love from the press, I could see that as a possibility. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I think we'd have to be in playoff contention for that consideration.  Would love to see Bortles be OROTY though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think we'd have to be in playoff contention for that consideration.  Would love to see Bortles be OROTY though.
I don't know if that's necessary, especially if it's Bortles. But, if he's putting up the stats, you would hope that means good things for the team.  If we're in playoff contention, or actually making the playoffs this year, there could be more accolades coming not only for the players, but the coach as well.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I was thinking maybe one of the receivers could have a break out rookie year.

Quote:I was thinking maybe one of the receivers could have a break out rookie year.

That's a possibility as well, although I think it's more likely a QB would get the nod over a WR if both are playing.

Unfortunately 

Either Robinson or Lee don't play in the opener due to IR or PUP suffered from a preseason game or training camp. (I'm very pessimistic regarding our history of injured players at camp) 

Bortles starts following the Bye(sp?) Week, Bortles throws for 1,700 Yards and 7 Td's  

Linder starts all 16 games 

Robinson or Lee get close to 800 yards with 5 Td's 

I'm more stoked about our previous rookie class to see how they've improved. 

Why can't the Jags have a big turnaround like the Chiefs? If you look at the resumes of some of the draftees, there are some pretty smart dudes that should be able to pick up the offense and defense quickly. We have good position coaches and virtually every major weakness was addressed. No reason for the Jags not be be relevant all the way to December. 

Jags have me excited again. Original season ticket owner and the past few years it was hard to keep buying. GO JAGS!!

Quote:Why can't the Jags have a big turnaround like the Chiefs? If you look at the resumes of some of the draftees, there are some pretty smart dudes that should be able to pick up the offense and defense quickly. We have good position coaches and virtually every major weakness was addressed. No reason for the Jags not be be relevant all the way to December.

Well do we have former probowl players like Chiefs Houston,Johnson,Charles,Berry,Flowers and Brandon Albert? No we don't we have a young unproven secondary. Pass rush still big question. Young Wr core.Henne starting Qb. Oline needs to get acquainted. Unproven rb core. I'm excited about Gerhart and Storm Johnson though.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 06:01 PM by huttops.)

1. Bortles
    • <li>Spot action, but will not start a game until the Jaguars lose 10 games (ie. failure of a season)
    </li>
  2. Lee
  • Drops are still a huge concern, but routes are good.
  • Hoping to see signs of progression towards the end of the season, with a large leap hopeful in the offseason.
  • 35 catches/500 yards.
  1. Robinson
  • Becomes a go-to option mid-season, if not earlier
  • Hoping to what will happen with a full year of NFL conditioning- could be another large leap hopeful in the offseason.
  • 65 catches/800 yards.
  • Leads team in TD catches (7)
  1. Colvin- IR all season, starting corner by next year W1
  2. Linder- Starting G week 1
  3. Telvin Smith - Starting WLB; 70-80 tackles (total) with a good number of TFL; our Rookie DPOY
  4. Chris Smith- Great addition to the line. 6 sacks on the year
  5. Storm Johnson- Not expecting much. RBBC with 1/3 carries as Gerhart
  6. UDFA- Reynolds, Cobb, Loston all become regular rotation players by end of next year. Loston could be special. Year 3 he breaks out after 2 years of NFL conditioning and fit in Gus' defense

Quote:<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Bortles
  • <li>Spot action, but will not start a game until the Jaguars lose 10 games (ie. failure of a season)
</li>[*]Lee</ul>
  • Drops are still a huge concern, but routes are good.
  • Hoping to see signs of progression towards the end of the season, with a large leap hopeful in the offseason.
  • 35 catches/500 yards.
<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Robinson</ul>
  • Becomes a go-to option mid-season, if not earlier
  • Hoping to what will happen with a full year of NFL conditioning- could be another large leap hopeful in the offseason.
  • 65 catches/800 yards.
  • Leads team in TD catches (7)
<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Colvin- IR all season, starting corner by next year W1[*]Linder- Starting G week 1[*]Telvin Smith - Starting WLB; 90-100 tackles (total) with a good number of TFL; our Rookie DPOY[*]Chris Smith- Great addition to the line. 6 sacks on the year[*]Storm Johnson- Not expecting much. RBBC with 1/3 carries as Gerhart[*]UDFA- Reynolds, Cobb, Loston all become regular rotation players by end of next year. Loston could be special. Year 3 he breaks out after 2 years of NFL conditioning and fit in Gus' defense</ul>
No love for Lee? I actually think he is my favorite pick. He is a great route runner and he's got a chip on his shoulder now. Love him.

The team will attempt to trade Cecil Shorts before the trade deadline after evaluating the receiving corps.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I could see Chris Smith benefitting heavily from the guys on the line and pulling out 15 sacks if he wins a majority of the snaps from Andre Branch.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 06:16 PM by huttops.)

Quote:No love for Lee? I actually think he is my favorite pick. He is a great route runner and he's got a chip on his shoulder now. Love him.

I think he plays in 12 games, but I'm eyeing the jump next year not this one. Hes got to work on those hands and get healthy. I think Tavon Austin is a good indicator of what we can expect from lee this year, but you can the see the incredible potential there and hope to harness it with time. If he can stay healthy, and fix those hands a bit (with time), he's going to be a gamebreaker for us.

EDIT: I think the team will see Robinson as a healthy and dependable player opposite Cecil and hence the targets/production. I think they try to weave in Lee as much as they can but the drops will catch up to him.

Quote:Chris Smith, along with Ryan Davis, Chris Clemons, and Andre Branch, pushes Babin off of the roster.

Hmm I like this one. I'm a Ryan Davis guy.

Quote:I could see Chris Smith benefitting heavily from the guys on the line and pulling out 15 sacks if he wins a majority of the snaps from Andre Branch.
Um.....you know this would break the rookie sack record, set by Jevon Kearse. Pretty lofty expectations.

Bortles struggles when he starts midway in the season. Makes one read passes, staring down primary receivers, check downs.  Lots of ints and fumbles.  Starts to develop phantom sack syndrome.

Quote:Telvin Smith makes the front page of NFL.com before the Browns game daring Manziel to run the option (like Clay Matthews did with Kaepernick).
Didn't Kaep run near 200 yds on the Packers? <_<

Quote:Bortles struggles when he starts midway in the season. Makes one read passes, staring down primary receivers, check downs.  Lots of ints and fumbles.  Starts to develop phantom sack syndrome.
He's probably the least likely QB in this draft to develop "phantom sack syndrome".  I think you've watched Gabbert too much.