Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terrance Cobb

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 11:32 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:TMD, I appreciate the enthusiasm as well but lets take it easy on this guy. You watched one YouTube cut up of him and you proclaim him to be better than Trent richardson (which is actually kind of easy if you talk about last season) and a possible future 1000yd PREMIER rb. A little over the top.

I dunno man, I'm pretty good with RB. Much better than my track record for QB, anyway. 

In watching that tape - Cobb shows you pretty much everything you look for in a prototypical RB. Speed, balance, vision, power, agility, acceleration, big play ability, low center of gravity (hard to tackle)....he even shows some hands as he made some plays as a receiver in that vid. 

The only thing that I am unaware of is his injury history, or fumbling tendency. If he has a green light on both of those, I really am struggling to find the weakness with this guy. 

It took me all of 1-2 minutes to find a weakness on Storm Johnson (the running a little upright). And fumbles, but that was something I knew beforehand. 

I really don't think I am embellishing with Cobb. He's just really good. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

its tougher than that to judge. Of course he looks great against those guys. He definitely looks faster because he is playing against scrubs. Looks like a glorified flag football game. Anyway he may very well turn out to be good, I'm just saying maybe quell your expectations a bit haha

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 11:39 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:its tougher than that to judge. Of course he looks great against those guys. He definitely looks faster because he is playing against scrubs. Looks like a glorified flag football game. Anyway he may very well turn out to be good, I'm just saying maybe quell your expectations a bit haha

You still judge how he plays in traffic. Its not as if Cobb's talents still aren't evident. I agree that some of the longer runs aren't going to be as long in the NFL, but his short area quickness, creating mis-tackles,  and acceleration to consistently make 5-10 yard plays is something that I see transcending. And make no mistake, he's got home run ability - it just won't be AS often in the pro's. But that would be the case for any RB. 

Another player on Scott Wright's sleeper team linked piece was Jeff Budzien, a second kicker being brought in.  CBS has him ranked as the 4th best.  I don't think Scobee is in trouble, but it is nice to have a decent 2nd guy in camp in case something happens to Scobee.

Quote:Another player on Scott Wright's sleeper team linked piece was Jeff Budzien, a second kicker being brought in.  CBS has him ranked as the 4th best.  I don't think Scobee is in trouble, but it is nice to have a decent 2nd guy in camp in case something happens to Scobee.

The TE we brought in was also high on Wright's list of best available UDFA's. 

Christian Jones was near the top of that list. Thats a shame he screwed us over, de-committing like that. 

Tried finding some more info on the guy to see why he is a relative unknown other than the school he attended. Can't find his exact birthdate, but 2007 was his senior year of high school. So that puts him around 24 years old, same age as Todman.

And the injury he is coming back from is foot related.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 12:58 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Tried finding some more info on the guy to see why he is a relative unknown other than the school he attended. Can't find his exact birthdate, but 2007 was his senior year of high school. So that puts him around 24 years old, same age as Todman.

And the injury he is coming back from is foot related.

Ahhh, perhaps we see why he fell then. Foot injuries can be bad for RB, going forward.

Thanks Em.  Always a pleasure. 

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Ahhh, perhaps we see why he fell then. Foot injuries can be bad for RB, going forward.
Did someone hack your account?!!!

I love the positive TMD! Welcome to optimism brother! We welcome you with open arms.

Also... Marqise Lee! (Still excited we got him)

Quote:Did someone hack your account?!!!

I love the positive TMD! Welcome to optimism brother! We welcome you with open arms.

Also... Marqise Lee! (Still excited we got him)

Thanks but you chose an odd post to quote for the response you gave B)

I'm excited about this teams outlook right about now. 

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 10:04 AM by The Mad Dog.)

bumping this in case anyone missed the video in the OP. 

Its worth a look.