Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson highlight video

Quote:Both Lee and Robinson are really talented..

I believe Lee starts opposite Shorts III..

Sanders and Robinson will back them up with Doss and Brown as the 5th 6th guys..

I think we keep 6 WR this year in 2014..

Sianara Justin.. :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:
i believe Shorts will be gone !

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here's a clip of Robinson showing off his ups (and dunking ability):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GnJV2P-tDE

Threadkiller

Quote:Here's a clip of Robinson showing off his ups (and dunking ability):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GnJV2P-tDE
Wow haha. 

First time poster, and admittedly biased Penn State fan. I wanted to stop in to share some of my thoughts with Robinson but also to congratulate you guys on an awesome draft. I became a fan of the 49ers back in 09 when they drafted Navorro Bowmen, and while they had about a decade of bad seasons you could just tell they were going somewhere with the talent they had and continued to acquire. While I can't quite say the same about the Jags roster at this point in time I do see the same upswing in effect. I am very impressed with the talent being brought in, and the character of that talent. Your new GM looks like a real keeper and your HC. I thought your defense made huge strides last year, If your offense can get going I see nothing but good things in your teams future. This draft I think will make HUGE strides on that side of the ball.

That brings me to the draft, first of all drafting Bortles. I know the fan base was expecting a pick more like Sammy Watkins and many analysts were quick to say the Jags reached for him. Well to those analysts all I have to say BS. If you have the guy you want at your pick and its for the QB position you take him. I have no doubt that other teams would have done the same and would have done it at their spot if the Jags didn't take him. Second of all I remember when Blake came up to to play Penn State (they beat us 34-31) that he can play and I think the nitpicking on things like small issues with mechanics and footwork which can be coached is ridiculous when you think about his intangibles as a leader, decision maker and the fact that he has pocket presence which you can't teach as evidenced by Gabbert.

I recall before the UCF game at one of O'Briens press conferences (Likes to think of himself as a QB guru although he wouldn't use that word) talking about the upcoming game and you could tell he was very impressed with blake, couldn't say enough good things about him. If the Texans would of went early with QB it would of been him OB NEVER would of taken Johnny. The only reason I think the Texans didn't go QB early was that O'briens success with coaching QB's really makes him think he can coach up guys and doesn't need to invest in the 1st round to have success there. He made the safer choice as a first year HC with the scrutiny the first pick overall receives.

Okay, so finally to Allen Robinson. First of all great kid, hard worker entered the draft as a Junior. As you already know lead the conference in receptions, yards, and was named #1 WR the last 2 years. Its important to keep in mind did that with a walk-on, and a true freshman QB who didn't have one practice with the team until august. In the summer of 2012 after the sanctions went down and the turmoil that followed Allen and our QB at the time McGloin really took the new playbook from OB & New England as an opportunity to learn a Pro system. When our QB organized workouts over the summer to practice he said the only other player that never missed a single one was Robinson, the work ethic is real. Robinson accounted for about half of our QB's yards last year and helped our young QB (who is talented but hi accuracy and finesse leaves plenty of room for growth) as a safety net. You will undoubtably see when you watch his highlights a lot of catches in many different sometimes awkward positions, balls coming in late/early behind him, thrown short etc.

The reason I bring this up is that his experience will undoubtably help with whoever you put in at QB. He's reliable, and has a exceptional catch radius. His body control can only be rivaled in this class by Watkins. He is explosiveness is exceptional 42in vert, 11ft broad jump. While Robinson isn't a burner his YAC numbers are off the charts. When allen gets the ball in his hands its like he immediately morphs into a running back, he has the ability to just swerve around would be tacklers leaving behind a trail of broken ankles. If that doesn't do the trick he can just push them off or run over them. When it comes to average YAC on screens he has about 5 yards on the next WR.

[Image: BhWIooKCAAAazOd.jpg]

Basically, your going to love this guy. If he gets the reps he will have the playbook down by the first game of the season and will (if they keep him healthy) be an immediate impact player guaranteed. I expect there to be a bit of adjustment curve playing against the NFL corners but for an example he was matched up all night against Roby at OSU and still had 12 receptions for 173 yards. B1G hasn't seen a WR like him in over a decade.

One of my fav film reels on him, (catches that first pass 9/10) shows a lot of different kinds of catches and his wide skill set:

http://youtu.be/zXgM-55FHxg

So yeah looking forward to rooting for the Jags...

Just finished up watching cutups of Robinson. He is super impressive!

Shock the world

Quote:Wow haha. 

He's got a 40 inch vertical and stands 6'2, he could probably dunk with his elbows

That Yac is really impressive.

Sullivan is getting some nice new toys to work with.  If he can shake Robinson from making those body catches, he's got a good one to work with here.  I like seeing him winning the jump ball battles catching the ball at the highest point.  But, there are a lot of body catches in there.  He's going to need to work on that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I love the fact that Lee and Robinson are two completely different type of receivers, yet both have a lot of upside.

Quote:I love the fact that Lee and Robinson are two completely different type of receivers, yet both have a lot of upside.

They complete the void filled by Blackmon not being on the field.  Sadly, Blackmon is that talented that it requires two solid players to replace him.  It's a shame he can't shake the demons and recognize what his capabilities are if he's able to win this battle. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Kind of AJ Greenesque

Quote:Sullivan is getting some nice new toys to work with.  If he can shake Robinson from making those body catches, he's got a good one to work with here.  I like seeing him winning the jump ball battles catching the ball at the highest point.  But, there are a lot of body catches in there.  He's going to need to work on that. 

This is true robinson does does let the ball hit his pads sometimes which can get him in trouble, and is definately an area for imrovement. However I do think sometimes people mistake some of those catches for body catches where he catches the ball in front of him then quickly pulls it to his chest as your supposed to. (Thats basically the summery of Jordan mathews Hightlight tape.)

Quote:They complete the void filled by Blackmon not being on the field.  Sadly, Blackmon is that talented that it requires two solid players to replace him.  It's a shame he can't shake the demons and recognize what his capabilities are if he's able to win this battle. 

I love Blackmon's ability, but from a pure physical talent standpoint, Allen Robinson is on another planet. His vertical and broad job are off the charts, especially for a guy that size.

Quote:I love Blackmon's ability, but from a pure physical talent standpoint, Allen Robinson is on another planet. His vertical and broad job are off the charts, especially for a guy that size.

Yeah, and Blackmon has the ability to make adjustments with his body to make plays that we've never seen before.  I'm not comparing them for skill sets as much as I am saying the team needed to draft 2 receivers to replace the hole left by Blackmon's absence. 

Imagine if Justin gets his head screwed on right and returns to the team and does so playing at the same level he was when he was suspended last year?  If only we could have that kind of luck.

Quote:This is true robinson does does let the ball hit his pads sometimes which can get him in trouble, and is definately an area for imrovement. However I do think sometimes people mistake some of those catches for body catches where he catches the ball in front of him then quickly pulls it to his chest as your supposed to. (Thats basically the summery of Jordan mathews Hightlight tape.)
Even in the highlight video in this thread, you can see him letting the ball get to his body before making the catch.  Fortunately, he's got arguably the best position coach in the business to help him with that. 

Quote:Yeah, and Blackmon has the ability to make adjustments with his body to make plays that we've never seen before.  I'm not comparing them for skill sets as much as I am saying the team needed to draft 2 receivers to replace the hole left by Blackmon's absence. 

Imagine if Justin gets his head screwed on right and returns to the team and does so playing at the same level he was when he was suspended last year?  If only we could have that kind of luck.

We're in agreeance here, his body control is off the charts, similar to what made Larry Fitzgerald special. If Blackmon comes back, I might be able to play QB for the Jags, Blake Bortles would see cover 2 all day long.

Quote:Even in the highlight video in this thread, you can see him letting the ball get to his body before making the catch.  Fortunately, he's got arguably the best position coach in the business to help him with that. 

No doubt, I am glad to hear he is in good hands... PIcking Lee, and Robinson I already felt good about his talent evaluatiion...

Quote:No doubt, I am glad to hear he is in good hands... PIcking Lee, and Robinson I already felt good about his talent evaluatiion...

On tape, Marquise Lee looks like a guy that runs 4.4/4.3, he consistently (especially in 2012) outran angles.

Quote:We're in agreeance here, his body control is off the charts, similar to what made Larry Fitzgerald special. If Blackmon comes back, I might be able to play QB for the Jags, Blake Bortles would see cover 2 all day long.
Agreed.  Imagine what a franchise QB could do with Blackmon on the field? 

This is why I think the team is going to take a long hard look at what they want to do with him in the event he does come back.  I don't think it's a no brainer that they part ways with him. 

Quote:That route he runs at the 1:00 mark is absolutely sick. And the ball was underthrown.

Lol, yeah, that was sick.