Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quote from Malik Jackson on Gus Bradley firing

Quote:Who is Haley?

Something we do will change. To what extent will not be known until this time next year.
I thought we didn't need first names around here?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I thought we didn't need first names around here?

We don't have anybody with he first or last name Haley.

Something we do will change. To what extent will not be known until this time next year.

Quote:We don't have anybody with he first or last name Haley.
Do we have a Lebeau?

Quote:Do we have a LeBeau?

Tennessee does. Why do you ask? I just want to know who this guy named Haley is.

Quote:Tennessee does. Why do you ask? I just want to know who this guy named Haley is.
Ah I see. Thanks. 

Quote:Tennessee does. Why do you ask? I just want to know who this guy named Haley is.
Jim Haley, old Jag from back in the 80's

Quote:Jim Haley, old Jag from back in the 80's

Explain that to me. You know the Jaguars did not exist in the 1980s. Busted.

Quote:“The crazy part is I don’t know if a different perspective is going to help us,” Jackson said. “Was he a little lax on a lot of things? Yes. But if someone comes in here and is a hard [butt], I don’t think that’s going to help us. But, it’s not my call.”

We'll see about that.

He's basically saying a hard [BLEEP] coach is not going to impact his play which I agree.  However, I disagree on the impact of others.  Everyone is not wired the same -- Malik has already been groomed under good coaching so we need to salvage the younger guys before they have too much of GUS DNA

This thread is good entertainment.

I see where Malik is coming from and I think Hurricane is spot on here. Malik has already been well coached before he came here. It's not likely going to change him.

Quote:He's basically saying a hard [BAD WORD REMOVED] coach is not going to impact his play which I agree. However, I disagree on the impact of others. Everyone is not wired the same -- Malik has already been groomed under good coaching so we need to salvage the younger guys before they have too much of GUS DNA

Telvin Smith was born of Gus DNA, molded by it.

He's pretty good.

Other players you can point to.

Fact is we drafted a raw qb who hasn't developed. Is it because the coach sucks or because he "isn't a natural thrower?"

Time will tell.

Personally, seeing how we managed a top 5 defense in spite of everything tells me a lot in terms of coaching. Caldwell finally focused on defense for one offseason and we hoped for average...got top 5.

I honestly don't think Gus had much to contribute at all along the offensive side of the ball. He's defense all the way. That's why I don't buy it that Gus somehow corrupted Blake. He wasn't really involved in that process. Guys like his OCs, qb coach and Marrone more than likely have had a bigger impact on the kid.

Todd Haley the offensive coordinator form the Steelers, you know one of the people being talked about for our HC job.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

He's a comet that is only seen once in a lifetime.

We did not hope for "average" defense - our hopes were above average.

The "top 5 defense" stuff is crap. It is based on numbers, not what we see during games.

Caldwell and Bradley decided during the interview they would focus on rebuilding offense first. That is why it took so long for the defense to get much better.

Bradley is not completely at fault, but he is responsible for Blake's regression this season.

Quote:Todd Haley the offensive coordinator from the Steelers, you know one of the people being talked about for our HC job.

Nobody talked about him being one of the candidates for our HC job.

Quote:Nobody talked about him being one of the candidates for our HC job.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search'>http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search</a>

Googled his name and it was like the second story. Your going to give me a brain aneurysm.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016, 10:06 PM by tkappa511.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search'>http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search</a>

Googled his name and it was like the second story. Your going to give me a brain aneurysm.

MJF does not use the google machine.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Gus wasn't the real problem?

:teehee:

Blake has had a bad year but Gus most definitely WAS the problem. Lack of discipline, offense goes from what it did last year (with no run game) to this year where we lead the league in drops and Blake can't hit the broad side of a barn...yes, that's on Gus and the coaching staff.

Careful.... logic is frowned upon here.... and it's outright illegal on BCC.

That article is not a factual report though. You know that anytime Jim Harbaugh is on the list.

Quote:Careful.... logic is frowned upon here.... and it's outright illegal on BCC.

Logic is required here.