Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
11 Cheap American Beers Ranked From Awful to Drinkable

Quote:Yuengling is my go to if there's NOTHING of a craft sort available. Pretty much every place/gas station has a six pack of Sierra Nevada on the shelf these days.

The Beast is a rough drink. And I'd take a PBR over Bud Light all day long

PBR over BL? Heck no man! I tried pbr once and literally had to run over to a trash can and spit it out. It was bad.

I'd rather have Jack n Coke but BL over any other beer, for me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:PBR over BL? Heck no man! I tried pbr once and literally had to run over to a trash can and spit it out. It was bad.

I'd rather have Jack n Coke but BL over any other beer, for me.

Bud Light = WATER! Apparently you like watered down beer

Yuengling

PBR

MIller High Life

Millions of beers go here...

Anything by Budweiser

[Image: 2017-05-17_0116.png]

Quote:Is Yuengling that bad to ya'll? That's my goto affordable beer
it's not terrible but it is a little heavy and has a quite a bit of after taste. I personally like rolling rock out of the bottle for my go to.

Bud platinum isn't bad either.

Quote:Bud Light = WATER! Apparently you like watered down beer

Accurate.

Man there are so many affordable craft beers out there these days, like $7 for a six pack affordable, idk how people can still drink some of the crap out there.

The only Bud Light I can drink is the Bud Light Lime.

That's a flat out terrific beer for the beach or lounging by the pool.

Amazing that a little flavor can completely change an otherwise unspectacular beer.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The only Bud Light I can drink is the Bud Light Lime.

Amazing that a little flavor can completely change an otherwise unspectacular beer.

I used to drink the bud lime.. Just like tequila for me now. Just the smell of it makes me wanna puke..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The only Bud Light I can drink is the Bud Light Lime.

Ever hear of a lime squeezer?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Ever hear of a lime squeezer?

I'm far too lazy for that.

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is quite tasty as well

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm far too lazy for that.

You'd probably like Abita Purple Haze  and Magic Hat #9 if you like the shandy and lime beers. 

I'll have one every now and then if I feel like something with a sweet-ish flavor. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

I have an issue with fruity beers. It just ain't right to do that to a beer.

Don't fruit the beer.

[Image: 2017-05-17_0116.png]

Quote:Ahhh good ole beer snobs.. I love listening to them rabble on.. When in the end, it all tastes the same coming up..

Quote:Ahhh good ole beer snobs.. I love listening to them rabble on.. When in the end, it all tastes the same coming up..

LOL, pretty much.  I  do like "good" beers and more expensive beers on occasion, but that's not the only beer that I'll drink.  Yeungling is my "normal" beer of choice, though I don't mind a Bud Lite on occasion either.

Quote:I have an issue with fruity beers. It just ain't right to do that to a beer.

Man Rule #344:

Fruity beers are permissible before 3pm but only when consumed out of doors.

A maximum of two 12 oz fruity beers are allowed before one must switch to something that is worthy of one's manhood. 

Such is the case for fruity drinks in general and also pertains to any beverage that Ernest Hemingway might be tempted to ridicule one for consuming. 

Quote:I'm far too lazy for that.

very good beer. A bit heavy and pricy, but very good

Michelob isn't bad but I didn't see it on the list.

I'd have to agree that Yuengling is the best on the list.  Rolling Rock isn't bad but I don't think you can classify it (and Yuengling) in the cheap category along with most of the others that offer an 18 pack of cans for $12

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:Michelob isn't bad but I didn't see it on the list.

I'd have to agree that Yuengling is the best on the list. Rolling Rock isn't bad but I don't think you can classify it (and Yuengling) in the cheap category along with most of the others that offer an 18 pack of cans for $12

You're right, Michelob is a good beer. I'd forgotten about it. I only drink Rolling Rock when I'm eating. To me, it's the best food beer out there.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017, 12:28 PM by RonSwanson.)

Quote:Michelob isn't bad but I didn't see it on the list.

I've been known to pack the boat cooler with cans of Michelob Light occasionally. (not the Ultra stuff though) 

It's a cut above bud lite and miller lite but still a bit boring.  Refreshing out in the sun with a hook in the water thoughSmile

May I present exhibit A.

Quote:I've been known to pack the boat cooler with cans of Michelob Light occasionally. (not the Ultra stuff though) 

It's a cut above bud lite and miller lite but still a bit boring.  Refreshing out in the sun with a hook in the water thoughSmile