Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Person who called Michelle Obama a "ape" has her job back.

Quote:Please show me where I said the right does not engage in such tactics. I'll wait.

Show me where I said you did. I was pointing out how one side can't legitimately complain about the other regarding something both take part in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't care what they think, or what you think or what anyone else thinks. The line is when you start forcing your thoughts as the guideline for how I must live.

I totally agree.

Interesting how my comments and responses got censored from this thread.

The OP created this thread because he thinks that a woman exercising her freedom of speech right on social media and didn't lose her job over it is a bad thing.  I happened to agree with the woman's comment regarding the appearance of Michelle Obama, and I did so directly and in a non-racist way.  I also made a comment that the statement that she used was in "poor taste" or in other words just wrong.

Apparently some snowflakes can't handle direct "talk" on this forum, especially if they disagree with it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Show me where I said you did. I was pointing out how one side can't legitimately complain about the other regarding something both take part in.
Well you kind of did which is surprising since we agree on so often.  Re-read the thread from the beginning.  I believe we are on the same page again.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Interesting how my comments and responses got censored from this thread.

The OP created this thread because he thinks that a woman exercising her freedom of speech right on social media and didn't lose her job over it is a bad thing. I happened to agree with the woman's comment regarding the appearance of Michelle Obama, and I did so directly and in a non-racist way. I also made a comment that the statement that she used was in "poor taste" or in other words just wrong.

Apparently some snowflakes can't handle direct "talk" on this forum, especially if they disagree with it.

You are one of the most easily offended around here. Does that make you a snowflake?

Quote:You are one of the most easily offended around here. Does that make you a snowflake?
No you see they take personal offense when people call out their "direct talk" for what it is. They know what they are saying is offensive, at best, and just want to be able to say it free of criticism. That's the point of attempting to denigrate people with terms like snowflake. It shifts the burden to those they are putting down in their own minds. 

The OP created this thread because he thinks that a woman exercising her freedom of speech right on social media and didn't lose her job over it is a bad thing.  I happened to agree with the woman's comment regarding the appearance of Michelle Obama, and I did so directly and in a non-racist way.  I also made a comment that the statement that she used was in "poor taste" or in other words just wrong.

Yes please, continue to feign ignorance and innocence. 

Quote:Yes please, continue to feign ignorance and innocence. 

I'm not so sure he's feigning ignorance.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

The OP created this thread because he thinks that a woman exercising her freedom of speech right on social media and didn't lose her job over it is a bad thing. I happened to agree with the woman's comment regarding the appearance of Michelle Obama, and I did so directly and in a non-racist way. I also made a comment that the statement that she used was in "poor taste" or in other words just wrong.

You said it for shock value, it was nothing of substance.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Please expand on this. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:You are one of the most easily offended around here. Does that make you a snowflake?

Quote:Yes please, continue to feign ignorance and innocence. 

Quote:I'm not so sure he's feigning ignorance.

Im curious, I was able to see the response before it was deleted. 

I personally think he was doing it to try and get a rise but it didnt work. 

Quote:Please expand on this. 

What exactly is there to expand on?

Quote:Im curious, I was able to see the response before it was deleted. 

I personally think he was doing it to try and get a rise but it didnt work. 

I just gave my honest opinion.  Some people don't like it or get "offended" by it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

1st amendment permits freedom of speech, right?

Seriously, why do some extreme-lefties only want the 1st when it suits them?

"Time to burn the flag!  I love the 1st!"

"They said what about who?  Fire 'em, lock 'em up & brand them for life!"

...I'm so sick of the PC world

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:1st amendment permits freedom of speech, right?

Extreme righties do the same thing...heck, most moderates of each side are the same way.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:1st amendment permits freedom of speech, right?

Nobody said to lock her up.  Firing her would be a fair response, because there are consequences to what you say.  That doesn't infringe on your first amendment at all.  Sorry to burst your little snowflake bubble.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Nobody said to lock her up. Firing her would be a fair response, because there are consequences to what you say. That doesn't infringe on your first amendment at all. Sorry to burst your little snowflake bubble.

This isn't someone shouting "Fire!" In a crowded theater. Again, freedom of thought and speech is protected by law. I don't personally approve of what was said, but it's just a person's opinion.

Thanks for the snowflake reference,btw...shows you are hip.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:This isn't someone shouting "Fire!" In a crowded theater. Again, freedom of thought and speech is protected by law. I don't personally approve of what was said, but it's just a person's opinion.

Thanks for the snowflake reference,btw...shows you are hip.

Shouting fire is protected as well, the Brandenburg case overturned Schenck in the late 60s.

As for this person's employment, that is most certainly not protected by the 1st Amendment.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato