Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So if training camp started today, lets take a look at our roster

Quote:1st

2nd

3rd

4th 4th

5th 5th 5th

6th 6th

7th

correct?

Yes.  I'd like those 2 extra 5ths and the extra 6th to turn into a 3rd 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:His effectiveness is so off the charts... now that is hilarious. What proves his "effectiveness" ? The fact that our D-line has been the weakest link in our defense for years now? Or the fact the our 5 techs effectiveness is so " Off the charts ", that teams ran the ball at will against us.

Red Bryant is 10x the run stuffer Alualu has ever dreamt of being, and if you think he wont start over Alualu, you are dreaming as well.

By Tommy's logic, he's a role player for stopping the run. In your logic, he is awesome at what he does.

So that means, Red Bryant is not only going to be just a role player, but he also should sit behind Alualu, because Alualu is so great at what he does.

Not gonna happen.

Trollin' for some Alualu posts I see.

By the numbers Alualu sucks. Listen to the coaches and guys on the radio with insight. They said he sets the edge and anythinh else is butter on the bagel.

Quote:Trollin' for some Alualu posts I see.
Nice rebuttal.

I'm in a training camp thread talking bout who is going to start over who, and I didn't even bring it up. How is that trolling again?

I guess I missed Alualu's "effectiveness" and his "setting the edge ability" when this team was repeatedly giving up 100 yrd rushers.  Ooops. 

Quote:By the numbers Alualu sucks. Listen to the coaches and guys on the radio with insight. They said he sets the edge and anythinh else is butter on the bagel.
By the numbers of course he sucks. I hardly go by numbers anyway, Ive been to this rodeo waaaaay too many times to be blinded by stats, much less stats from Alualu's position.

To tell you the truth, I feel like his numbers actually make him out to be BETTER than what he does on the field.

Quote:I guess I missed Alualu's "effectiveness" and his "setting the edge ability" when this team was repeatedly giving up 100 yrd rushers.  Ooops. 
Tyson Alualu: The only Jacksonville Jaguar... no... D lineman period to ever have " off the charts effectiveness " by not doing anything.

He sets the edge so well, we were terrible at run D.

Thank God we paid him 30mil.

Quote:Yes.  I'd like those 2 extra 5ths and the extra 6th to turn into a 3rd 

I don't want to turn 3 picks into 1. Too many needs on this team. Just hit with the picks, instead. 

Improvements has been achieved on the D-Line w/the O-Line in waiting. If/when we improve within the LB, and QB positions we'll be ready to compete w/the best of them. I honestly feel that we must acquire that franchise QB regardless of the selected round. We'll definately need another solid LB to make the D "POP".

Brewster will hold down the center position, the tackles are in place, while Rackley lost his LG position. Acquiring an RG is now key to the O-Line's success...

The remaining pieces to the puzzle are in place to which the players simply has to Step Up Their Game...

2015...Here We Come...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Yes.  I'd like those 2 extra 5ths and the extra 6th to turn into a 3rd

1st...

2nd...

3rd, 3rd...

4th, 4th...

5th...

6th...

7th...

This also looks good but keep in mind of the Depth that this draft class has. Due to the record underclassmen within, they'll be third round talent within the fifth and sixth rounds...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Tyson Alualu: The only Jacksonville Jaguar... no... D lineman period to ever have " off the charts effectiveness " by not doing anything.

He sets the edge so well, we were terrible at run D.

Thank God we paid him 30mil.

Man, Gene Smith was SO BAD.

Quote:Ill start with defense.

Clemons will fortify our pass rush and our run defense.  Marks will keep the lineman off of our LBs and Alualu will set the edge

Dakota Watson will bring speed and athletic ability to our LB corps.  Poz is probably going to be in the top 5 in the NFL for tackles and Russel Allen will be shown to the bench.  Then on 3rd downs Watson will put his hand in the dirt and bend the edge and make the QB walk the plank

Our secondary will be the weak link however they won't be as raw as they were last year.  Blackmon will give them leadership, Gratz will see things much slower, and Cyph will be even better with another camp under his belt.  Evan will be pushed by #22(forgot his name) and with 11 picks in the draft we have room to clean that part of the defense up.

On offense

We will be sorely missing MJD, it won't be a secret, unless for some miracle he comes back once he sees nobody is interested in a RB with a lot of miles on his tires.  We will certainly be drafting a stud in the first 3 rounds.

WR is a little shaky but if Blackmon can clean his act up then we are instantly stabilized.  We know we have a 900 yard and 8 TDs in Cecil Shorts, Blackmon is a 1000 yard WR all day long and again, we have flexibility to draft a WR in the draft.  I think Sanders is ready to take on a heavier load and he will seize the moment.

Lewis can still be a threat in the run game and passing game.

Meester moves on, so we have an opening at Center and Nwaneri was replaced by Beadles.  I think we will sign a FA once things settle down, and again we can look at the draft for more help.  Don't get it twisted, Luke Joekel will hold the left side of the line down and Paztor is serviceable. 

Scooby and the crew will hold the special teams down as they always do.

Most importantly I think Gus will have confidence to be more aggressive with his gameplans.

As of right now we are a 7 win team.  We could make a run for the playoffs if we hit on atleast 3 picks in the draft.  The rest will be developmental guys and icing on the cake.

Thoughts.
I could NOT dis-agree with you more. Particularly on your offensive side. If MJD does go somewhere else, frankly I don't believe he will be sorely missed because his place will be filled nicely by Toby Gerhart. I think Gus Bradley and the GM recognized this as well and don't think they will lose one ounce of sleep if MJD takes a powder. In fact, if the jags make more good OL moves and improve their passing as well, I think TG will make Jags fans forget about MJD rather quickly...........if he stays healthy.

Quote:He doesn't think that. Setting the edge is what he does on almost EVERY SINGLE SNAP, AND THAT'S WHAT HE'S TOLD TO DO.

Jesus, it's like talking to a brick wall.
 Adam Bealyer

Quote:I could NOT dis-agree with you more. Particularly on your offensive side. If MJD does go somewhere else, frankly I don't believe he will be sorely missed because his place will be filled nicely by Toby Gerhart. I think Gus Bradley and the GM recognized this as well and don't think they will lose one ounce of sleep if MJD takes a powder. In fact, if the jags make more good OL moves and improve their passing as well, I think TG will make Jags fans forget about MJD rather quickly...........if he stays healthy.

Does this mean that you could NOT agree with me more on everything else?

How does every thread turn into an AluAlu bash fest? He is a good DEPTH player. Not a starter, but a good rotational player. He is what he is, not his fault Gene picked him so high or Del Rio broke his knee before his career even got started. 

Ok enough of Alualu. Jaguars are raising some eyebrows. And we still have the draft and the heap pile right before camp.

Quote:How does every thread turn into an AluAlu bash fest? He is a good DEPTH player. Not a starter, but a good rotational player. He is what he is, not his fault Gene picked him so high or Del Rio broke his knee before his career even got started.

No more Gabbert, so the other bust on the roster is the target.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014, 04:50 PM by NH3.)

Quote:How does every thread turn into an AluAlu bash fest? He is a good DEPTH player. Not a starter, but a good rotational player. He is what he is, not his fault Gene picked him so high or Del Rio broke his knee before his career even got started.
We have posters that posts their opinions in a demanding way sort of speaking...

To Clarify... Remember when Matt Jones, Del Rio, GM Gene, Rasheen Mathis, Derrick Harvey, Blaine Gabbert, etc. were the board's main topic of dismissal? I do. There's a player, coach or GM that's targeted Every Year by some fans that demands their release no matter what. This year it's Alualu's turn...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:No more Gabbert, so the other bust on the roster is the target.

A Bust Alualu is NOT...

Personal Opinions in effect...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:A Bust Alualu is NOT...

Personal Opinions in effect...

NH3...
If he was a 3rd round pick (like Terrance Knight on was) then he wouldn't be considered a bust. He was a top ten pick in the same draft as guys like Earl Thomas and was drafted to rush the passer. Yeah he's a bust no matter how you slice it. I don't want him cut, as he's a decent depth player. If I remember correctly, he isn't highly paid either.
No commercial messages in sigs