Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will go to the playoffs this year..

Quote:We 'overachieved' last year. Should've gone 0-16, but the Gusjuice is too strong. 5-7 wins would be realistic for year 2.

I kinda wish that we hadn't swept the Texans.....we'd have the 1st right now.....with tons of options

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

With someone like Henne under center this is still a sub .500 team.
How do you not tire of this?

Prove you're not a troll.  Make 5 consecutive posts that don't echo the same lame Henne-bashing schtick.  I dare you.

Everyone knows he's not a very good quarterback. Everyone also knows that you despise him.  You don't have to squeeze it into every single post. 

Quote:Shouldn't you be on the 49ers message board praising Gabbert right now?

Shouldn't you be getting Henne's dinner cooking so it'll be ready when he gets home?

Quote:How do you not tire of this?

Prove you're not a troll.  Make 5 consecutive posts that don't echo the same lame Henne-bashing schtick.  I dare you.

Everyone knows he's not a very good quarterback. Everyone also knows that you despise him.  You don't have to squeeze it into every single post. 

I'm not worried about proving my legitimacy to someone like you.

If the Jaguars get a better QB in the draft anything is possible, but they won't exceed .500 with a guy that can't even throw more TDs than INTs under center.

Quote:I like your enthusiasm. We have no weapons on offense. We have no one who scares anybody. Next year would be more likely.
If Blackmon could pull his head out of his rump. If Joeckel returns better than before. If we draft Teddy. That's 3 key offensive players drafted in the top 5. I do like Gerhart, but our offense does lack playmakers

I envision an 8-8 2014 season at the least. Can or will we be in the playoffs remains to be seen. Anything is possible and "That's Why You Play the Game"...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Shouldn't you be getting Henne's dinner cooking so it'll be ready when he gets home?
Difference between my defense of Henne vs your man crush on Gabbert is my entire argument was Henne is much better than Gabbert not Henne has potential to be a solid starter, you on the other hand were trying to push Gabbert as the guy with tons of potential who could be the guy down the road.. you were wrong, get over it. 

Quote:I'm not worried about proving my legitimacy to someone like you.

If the Jaguars get a better QB in the draft anything is possible, but they won't exceed .500 with a guy that can't even throw more TDs than INTs under center.
I said if we draft a competent QB we could be competitive.. so why is that relevant to this thread? 

Quote:If Blackmon could pull his head out of his rump. If Joeckel returns better than before. If we draft Teddy. That's 3 key offensive players drafted in the top 5. I do like Gerhart, but our offense does lack playmakers
I think if all that happened we'd stand a shot at 9-7. It's certainly possible but I'm not expecting it.

Quote:I'm not worried about proving my legitimacy to someone like you.

. That's what I thought.  You can't do it. What a strange little obsession you have. 

Another thing to add is last year we had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, this year not so much. We get to visit the NFC EAST and AFC NORTH.. possibly the two worst divisions in football aside from ours. 

Quote:Another thing to add is last year we had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, this year not so much. We get to visit the NFC EAST and AFC NORTH.. possibly the two worst divisions in football aside from ours.
I think that's debatable.. The last have of the season we had

a pretty easy schedule.

We will most likely not make the play offs. 6-8 wins is our max this year. The reason that the Texans can possibly make the playoffs is that they just completely collapsed last year thanks to coaching. They had arguably the best roster in the entire AFC South

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I think that's debatable.. The last have of the season we had

a pretty easy schedule.
And we went 4-4.. What's your point? 

I'll keep my expectations to 6 wins. Our defense will be a lot better, but the offense will probably still struggle.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 05:27 PM by Redsky39.)

I don't know why everyone's laughing at this so much..

Every team starts 0-0. If Gus got 4 wins out of last years team, he could potentially get much more out of this current team, witch has improved quite a lot already. Add 11 rookies and another potential signing or two, why not?

I will say the teams chances are much better with Bridgewater or Manziel at QB rather than Henne. Sorry, I just don't like him much. I understand options are limited though.

Quote:. That's what I thought.  DERPDERPDERPDERPDERP

Like I said, I don't care about legitimizing myself in the eyes of someone like you.

Quote:Difference between my defense of Henne vs your man crush on Gabbert is my entire argument was Henne is much better than Gabbert not Henne has potential to be a solid starter, you on the other hand were trying to push Gabbert as the guy with tons of potential who could be the guy down the road.. you were wrong, get over it. 

You're the one with the Gabbert obsession. He's not even on the team and he's still all you can talk about.

Quote:I said if we draft a competent QB we could be competitive.. so why is that relevant to this thread? 

I wasn't talking to you in that quote.

I envision an 8-8hour 2014 season at the least. Can or will we be in the playoffs remains to be seen. Anything is possible and "That's Why You Play the Game"...

NH3...
Quote:We 'overachieved' last year. Should've gone 0-16, but the Gusjuice is too strong. 5-7 wins would be realistic for year 2.

"Overachieved", We did not...

We had the opportunity to do so but Henne Underachieved...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I can't wait to see our schedule, if it starts out like this: 

Browns, Titans, Texans I'll be giddy.