Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign Ziggy Hood

Quote:So what are we thinking ziggy and miller battle it out in training camp for the starting role?
I hope this is the case, but from everything i've seen on Ziggy, I think he best fits as a 3T. Regardless, I know they wanted to spell Marks a lot more, and he can play some 5T i'm sure as well. I actually am interested to hear from Gus on this one though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So what are we thinking ziggy and miller battle it out in training camp for the starting role?

ziggy will be marks backup.  he may spend time as the RDE too.

When Ziggy Hood came out of Missouri,  I envisioned that he would go to an NFL team that would want to use him as a 3 Technique DT,  instead of a 3-4 based team like the Steelerss.   My guess is that this will be his primary role with the Jaguars,  with Hood also potentially providing depth behind Red Bryant on the outside.   He probably will be cross trained by the coaches to play both positions,  hence helping preserve a game day roster spot.

He was really, really bad in Pittsburgh, but he may have been a misfit. I hope he's not signed for much and that we will use him differently (more 1 gapping, as Marks backup).

Was trash in Pitt, hopefully Gus can find a spot for him here. Im sure the contract isnt anything crazy so Im not gonna get upset over a depth move. 

I think what we are building here is a big front line that are diverse. Hood can play all 3 down lineman positions and so can Bryant and Marks. Being versatille is huge and I really like what we've done so far.

Quote:This was my post from earlier this morning -- check out the video

I didn't see a Ziggy Hood topic so just thought I'd make a quick comment or two.

Hood was drafted int the 1st round and is considered a bust in Pittsbugh. The dude is a workout freak (see video below) so he may have some potential under the Bradley scheme. All of the Steelers defenders got progressively worse once Casey Hampton (NT) went through his quick deterioration due to age and hits. This was similar to the Baltimore defense when they lost Siragusa -- everyone got worse, then they drafted Haloti Ngota and everyone became much more effective.

Hood intrigues me. CHECK OUT HIS VIDEO http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Sq53TKUWxNQ
The spin move at 2:00 mark in that video was crazy.

I'm confident Bradley will at the very least utilize him better than Pittsburgh did. 

Quote:I'm confident Bradley will at the very least utilize him better than Pittsburgh did. 

I think that goes without question. Dekoda Watson too.

I do like the fact that we are getting people that came from locker rooms that don't accept losing.

Seattle South...no doubt. One helluva D starting to emerge.

This FA period, and hopefully and strong draft and ticket sales should jump.

Wow...there is light at the end of that long, dark tunnel.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I do like the fact that we are getting people that came from locker rooms that don't accept losing.

Lol go back to the burg and stick an iron city in it.

Quote:I do like the fact that we are getting people that came from locker rooms that don't accept losing.
Yes.

Quote:Yea he mostly played the NT position in pit. The roll Hampton use to play. He played a little end but mostly that roll. In a 3-4 he just didn't fit at either.

Wow. Granted, I can't watch too much Pittsburgh football because it causes an allergic reaction so I had no idea they lined him up at Nose Tackle. I'm hoping that he and Marks can rotate and provide the backfield disruption that the team needs.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Is this correct? Hampton was probably tipping the scales at 350 during his last few years there and Hood is just barely 300. That seems odd that they would have him trying Hampton's role.
Seems very strange for the Steelers to do that.

Hopefully this is Marks v. 2.0 for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I think that goes without question. Dekoda Watson too.

I think its up the coaches now to extract the most production out of the talent we have on the line. I'm confident they will do this. 

We have a NEED for SPEED, specifically with our linebackers.  This defense could be surprise the league with some speed and length in the second level.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 11:47 AM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:Wow. Granted, I can't watch too much Pittsburgh football because it causes an allergic reaction so I had no idea they lined him up at Nose Tackle. I'm hoping that he and Marks can rotate and provide the backfield disruption that the team needs.

Quote:Seems very strange for the Steelers to do that.

Hopefully this is Marks v. 2.0 for us.
Yes. Ive seen a good bit of pit games(sunday ticket). Marks & Hood should be a good combo.

All this abundance of more bodies along the Dline are making me believe we are targeting Mack or Bridgewater

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

IIRC,he played DT in a 4-3 system in college and then the Steelers drafted him and used him as 3-4 DE.

Quote:All this abundance of more bodies along the Dline are making me believe we are targeting Mack or Bridgewater

I agree.   Some people have said things like "you can't have too many pass rushers..." but in actuality there is a limit.   You only have 53 spots on the roster and there is a limit to how many guys you can have at one position.   If this is all part of the plan for the draft, as of now, I see a much bigger need at LB and at QB than at DE.