Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhart to be the starter.

In the first 9 games last year he had 5 carries for 28 yards.

If he's our starter, I'd like to see more production then 28 yards in the 1st half of the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In the first 9 games last year he had 5 carries for 28 yards.

If he's our starter, I'd like to see more production then 28 yards in the 1st half of the season.

Agree heck there were games this year where mojo had like 13 carriers for 34 yards.

Quote:Agree heck there were games this year where mojo had like 13 carriers for 34 yards.

HA !!!   unfortunately in our case, we were just trying to get past the 50 yard line.

Quote:Toby Gerhart = Michael Turner a la 2008.
Toby or not Toby?

More importantly, whats Toby's nickname? 
This is what I thought when we signed him. Michael Turner worked out pretty good for the Falcons for about 3 years. If Toby does that for us I will be thrilled (and then, of course, I want us to draft Kelvin Taylor!).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

. it's hard when you have AP in front of you.. That just leaves him fresh.

I'm cool with the Gerhart signing, but as our starter I'm not so sure about that. I just don't see it.

Quote:I'm cool with the Gerhart signing, but as our starter I'm not so sure about that. I just don't see it.
I do.

Quote:I do.
I hope he proves me wrong, Right now Im not buying it.

That is 5.6 ypc

I just opened the forum and saw this as "Gabbert to be the starter"

I thought San Fran had gone crazy  Laughing

I actually like Gerhart. He has good measurables and definitely has a chance of solidifying himself as a solid starter now that he's not behind a once-in-a-lifetime talent in AP.

Pair him with someone like Bishop Sankey and I think we'll have a impressively athletic backfield.

Quote:I actually like Gerhart. He has good measurables and definitely has a chance of solidifying himself as a solid starter now that he's not behind a once-in-a-lifetime talent in AP.

Pair him with someone like Bishop Sankey and I think we'll have a impressively athletic backfield.

We'll have a impressively athletic backfield which will go nowhere if we don't get a decent center and right guard.  

7.9 ypc last season? 6.8 ypr? And the good news is he should most definitely have fresh legs for a few years sitting behind AP. It was a smart signing.

Quote:. it's hard when you have AP in front of you.. That just leaves him fresh.

AP is overrrated. Labrandon Toefield could have gotten 2,000 yard running behind that line.  j/k

Nickname:   There used to be a dude named Night Train.    Perhaps I'll call Toby "White Train"  -- can I do that or is that Politically Incorrect?

Quote:Nickname:   There used to be a dude named Night Train.    Perhaps I'll call Toby "White Train"  -- can I do that or is that Politically Incorrect?

Yes, very.

I like it.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM by badger.)

The opposite of night is day, not white.

So it should be "day train"

If we can get two more good interior O-lineman from free agency or the draft, and Gerhart starts most of the year, I can see him ending up with 900-1100 yards and 6-8 TD's.  Would not be bad.  The RB class in this draft is definitely lacking, so Caldwell had to do something.  Of course I would have preferred Ben Tate, like most people.

Quote:This is what I thought when we signed him. Michael Turner worked out pretty good for the Falcons for about 3 years. If Toby does that for us I will be thrilled (and then, of course, I want us to draft Kelvin Taylor!).

I'd like us to draft duke Johnson next year

Quote:If we can get two more good interior O-lineman from free agency or the draft, and Gerhart starts most of the year, I can see him ending up with 900-1100 yards and 6-8 TD's.  Would not be bad.  The RB class in this draft is definitely lacking, so Caldwell had to do something.  Of course I would have preferred Ben Tate, like most people.

One thing that I found interesting about Tate is that he has never played in all 16 games in a season. Polian even stated that his style lends himself to injury and that his playing time is directly related to his injuries. That has to be a bit worrisome for any GM, and that's probably why Jacksonville valued Gerhart with his fewer "hits taken" over Tate.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!