Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Clemons to Visit Jaguars

Quote:The Seattle Jaguars

Jag's Fans, I give U Your JaguAwks...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Could be a good guy to have around to rotate with Branch and help a bit in grooming the rookie pass rusher we'll likely draft early.

Probably would play Babin's former role.

EXACTLY...

NH3...
"AZANE"

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer'>Albert Breer ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@AlbertBreer</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/443872878761893888' title="6:15 PM - 12 Mar 2014">58s</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">If everything goes to plan, DE Chris Clemons will sign a multi-year deal with the Jaguars on his visit there.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Done deal

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We are gonna be a fun team to play on D in Madden.

LETS GOOO mixing vets with young bloods I love it
Shock the world

Clemons - Marks - Miller - Bryant is a dang good line. The front is probably going to have either Clowney/Mack added to it too, gonna be much better than last year. 

C2 has stated his wishes. All we the Jaguars has to do is honor his wishes...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'd rather have Jared Allen or Peppers, but I'll be okay with this provided its reasonable, and it should be, given the down year, as well as age. 

So we will have signed half of Seattle's defensive line from last year?   If we sign Clemons, does this point towards drafting Mack instead of Clowney?  

Quote:Clemons - Marks - Miller - Bryant is a dang good line. The front is probably going to have either Clowney/Mack added to it too, gonna be much better than last year. 

Isn't Mack a LB?   In his case, he could actually be on the field at the same time.   I think this signing points to us drafting Mack instead of Clowney. 

Quote:I'd rather have Jared Allen or Peppers, but I'll be okay with this provided its reasonable, and it should be, given the down year, as well as age. 

Wow, i say no to all 3.  It's going to cost too much in more than just money - playing time will be sparce.

though i can't argue if we get one of the 3 plus clowney, it'd be a deep line that's built for now and tomorrow. 

Quote:Clemons - Marks - Miller - Bryant is a dang good line. The front is probably going to have either Clowney/Mack added to it too, gonna be much better than last year. 

Not much of a pass rush still. Though. But better than last season. 

Quote:So we will have signed half of Seattle's defensive line from last year?   If we sign Clemons, does this point towards drafting Mack instead of Clowney?  
No it doesnt effect that

One Heck-of-A-Improvement...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Think about that, does that really make sense?

We are only taking defense if Warren Sapp is on the board.

That didn't take long. I hope you sign him and wish nothing but the best to CC.

Quote:Curious.....how much does he have in the tank with the age and knee recovery?

He was getting better at the end of the last year and played very good in SB. He'll be fully recovered at the start of the new season and I think he can still play a year or two at high level.

Quote:That didn't take long. I hope you sign him and wish nothing but the best to CC.

He was getting better at the end of the last year and played very good in SB. He'll be fully recovered at the start of the new season and I think he can still play a year or two at high level.

Yeah, I'd imagine with another year past the surgery should help, however we're also getting up there in age, so that effect might be muted. 

As long as its not expensive and not a long term deal, it shouldn't be a bad signing though. 

Put all these vets and solid guys around Clowney and coached up by Gus Bradley, thats scary you not gonna triple team Clowney in the NFL 

Quote:So we will have signed half of Seattle's defensive line from last year?   If we sign Clemons, does this point towards drafting Mack instead of Clowney?  

Nothing in FA will impact the first 3 rounds of the draft. 

Not sure if he'd be much better than Babin was. Less money hopefully.