Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhart agrees to terms w/ Jaguars

Quote:We just signed him. Unbelievable

smh.....look at all these nothings we're signing. 

We're headed for another 4 or 5 win season. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why not instead trade one of our 400 late round picks for Bryce Brown, who is younger, faster and better?
We tried. They laughed at a 4th round offer. Trust me.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We basically traded Gerhart for Forsett. Gerhart brings a new style of RB to our offense. Depending on the numbers, I like the signing.
No commercial messages in sigs

LOVE this deal. Gerhart is so under rated. Great power and vision. Compliments DRob perfectly. 

I really like this. He has looked good when given opportunities. 

Well done. I can live with Gerhart, Todman, and Denard as our depth chart. Wonder if we'll still draft a RB.

Forsett out, Tony in. yawn
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Pulling off the Jones-Drew lettering on my jersey right now and replacing it with Gerhart. Hopefully he keeps his Vikes number  :teehee:

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 09:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think he is better suited for the ZBS.  Not a fast back but has the patience and vision.  Could be a sleeper signing IMO if we can get this line fixed.  I liked him out of college and I think playing behind AP these years has to help.

I like it.

TMD,  what makes you think that the Eagles would trade Bryce Brown for modest trade compensation?   Considering Brown is a low priced player,  who provides depth at the RB position,  I can't picture the Eagles trading him for less than a 4th Round pick.

A lot of small pieces like this and a solid draft can take this team a long way.

He better be balls-cheap. Middle-aged, slow, unspectacular running backs aren't worth the cost of the paper their check's written on.

(Welcome to Jacksonville, dude.)

I can see Gerhart getting 15+ touches a gm.

Quote:We tried. They laughed at a 4th round offer. Trust me.

Why, they won't get a better offer than that, and they don't need 3 RB. Polk will be used as their RB2 next year when Brown gets dealt. 

Quote:He better be balls-cheap. Middle-aged, slow, unspectacular running backs aren't worth the cost of the paper their check's written on.

Jesus did TMD sneeze on you or something ?

Quote:He better be balls-cheap. Middle-aged, slow, unspectacular running backs aren't worth the cost of the paper their check's written on.

Tell that to the Colts

Quote:As posted in the other thread...
I really like this pickup. Gerhart is young with not much mileage playing behind AP. He'll be an excellent complement to Todman, Robinson and someone they may draft in mid-rounds.

Quote:TMD, what makes you think that the Eagles would trade Bryce Brown for modest trade compensation? Considering Brown is a low priced player, who provides depth at the RB position, I can't picture the Eagles trading him for less than a 4th Round pick.

What makes him think that? Madden? He's known for whining about impossible trade scenarios.. Its what he does.

Quote:Jesus did TMD sneeze on you or something ?
Is that what this goo on my arm is? Gross dude.