Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Babin gone

Quote:GOODBYE ! Glad to see him go. No more stupid personal foul penalties :thanks:

Yeah Veteran player like Babin shouldn't be lining up offsides. The 1 that Blackmon int was really bad.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If I am reading this right, he voided the deal. Seems like an odd move on his part.

Not if he wanted to be on the market as early as possible.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 03:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:This team really needs some pass rushers. We have none. I don't care if we have to overpay.

I wouldn't have minded to overpay for legit top flight pass rushing talent like Greg Hardy or even Orakpo, but I do mind overpaying for average guys like Bennett, M Johnson, and a few others that are left in FA. 

I'd rather just address pass rushers in the draft at this point. 

As of now we have about 58M in cap room thanks to Babin leaving. Id bet on a couple day 1 splashes.

If Seattle cuts Chris Clemons, he could easily slide into Babin's spot.

;

;

How much cap space do we have now?

Quote:As of now we have about 58M in cap room thanks to Babin leaving. Id bet on a couple day 1 splashes.

Oh, hadn't seen this.

They didn't release him.  He voided the last two years of his contract so he could test the waters.  He may still sign again with Jax but at a lower cost.  

Quote:If Seattle cuts Chris Clemons, he could easily slide into Babin's spot.
Clemons really ain't that good.

He knew he was either getting cut or being replaced so he walked. Can't blame him for that. He was a good dude.

He was willing to play for less money. Jason's less money and the Jags less money didn't equal the same amount. Where are they going to get a 8 sack person not in the draft takes 2 years for a rookie. I hope they can work things out.

Do not re sign him! He makes to many bone headed penalties! 

Dang it. Michael Bennet signs 4 yr deal to stay in seattle.

Would Clowney or Ford slot into his position?

Quote:Would Clowney or Ford slot into his position?
Yes Clowney is the ideal LEO Ford would fit very well also.

Clowney here we come.

Quote:Dang it. Michael Bennet signs 4 yr deal to stay in seattle.

Pretty much what we have heard all day

Quote:Reggie Hayward? That's really sad.

Aaron Kampman for about 7 minutes.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.