Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I am drinking the Henne

With enough talent, any QB can make the playoffs, that a pretty safe hedge.  The problem is we don't have enough talent at this point for Henne be successful.  Can't wait for free agency and the draft!!!!  I don't mind the signing of Henne, but that means we better be drafting his replacement within the first 3 rounds.  

The fear is that this QB class is pretty weak but it seems there could be some gems if we don't take Bridgewater in round 1.  I keep going back and forth with my thoughts on Manziel.  I really like the thought of Mccarron in round 3...  He really impressed me in the Iron bowl, even in a loss, he made some clutch deep throws.  

If Henne is starting in week 17 and has taken 75% of the snaps, we've more than likely made some really poor decisions.  It's just that simple.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Vick would of been a better option. He fits Jeff Fishs's offense better than Henne plus he adds another dimension that henne does not.

Who is Jeff Fishs?

Did we forget that Chenne is horrible?

Quote:Who is Jeff Fishs?

I think he means Jedd Fisher, former titans and current Rams head coach.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Did we forget that Chenne is horrible?

Best thing we've had since 2009, besting jarrod's final season here.  Did we forget how he progressed?  He didn't evolve into a superstar and he certainly had his jarrod like Jekyl/Hyde performances, but he'll get us by short term until his successor earns the job.

Quote:I believe this guy is good enough to get us into the playoffs with enough talent around him.  This poor guy has never played with a talented team but still performed pretty well under the circumstances.  I believe in Henne and believe he will be a good QB until that younger QB for the future is groomed.  He has heart, leadership ability, and just tough.  He does throw too many ints but with enough time in the same offense and a decent WR group good things can happen. :thumbsup:

Chad, is that you??

Good luck on the upcoming season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We are picking top 3 next year...no lower than top 5 if Henne starts all year...

There are people who say that Henne is horrible. These people have never watched any football aside from last year's Jags. Henne is competent under decent circumstances. As a stopgap starter and a backup he's about as good as you could reasonably hope for. Let's hope the Jags eventually upgrade that position as they do others.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Did we forget that Chenne is horrible?
We remembered there is not anyone in the FA market who is much better if at all better, and the current crop of QB's in the draft don't thrill anyone.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Best thing we've had since 2009, besting jarrod's final season here.  Did we forget how he progressed?  He didn't evolve into a superstar and he certainly had his jarrod like Jekyl/Hyde performances, but he'll get us by short term until his successor earns the job.

Quote:There are people who say that Henne is horrible. These people have never watched any football aside from last year's Jags. Henne is competent under decent circumstances. As a stopgap starter and a backup he's about as good as you could reasonably hope for. Let's hope the Jags eventually upgrade that position as they do others.

Quote:We remembered there is not anyone in the FA market who is much better if at all better, and the current crop of QB's in the draft don't thrill anyone.

No he isn't. He is a bad qb but, as a backup or a bridge qb he is fine. The poster was talking about the playoffs which I don't see happening with Chenne.

Quote:No he isn't. He is a bad qb but, as a backup or a bridge qb he is fine. The poster was talking about the playoffs which I don't see happening with Chenne.

If it happened with Garrard, it can happen with Henne.  Though, I doubt that roster is quite going to be strong enough as it was for Garrard for it to actually happen for the Chad.

Quote:Must be the liquor and the local drug man
sounds like a lucrative business....

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:If it happened with Garrard, it can happen with Henne.  Though, I doubt that roster is quite going to be strong enough as it was for Garrard for it to actually happen for the Chad.

I think Garrard is much better than Chenne.

Quote:I think Garrard is much better than Chenne.
Me to. Heck I might be better then Henne...

I'm not gonna let hearing Henne will be the starter until September comes and he's actually out there starting. Then I'll get pissed. Can't watch another season of that under center. The drive is too long from Orlando for that.

Quote:No he isn't. He is a bad qb but, as a backup or a bridge qb he is fine. The poster was talking about the playoffs which I don't see happening with Chenne.

No, he's not a bad QB.  He's actually decent.  Perhaps average or a little above average which is the worst sin to a fan base that expects every QB to be Manning or Brady.  It's hard to explain to these folks that those guys are the *exceptions* and not the rule.  I'd rather concentrate on creating a great team overall although I'd love to have one of those once in a generation guys myself.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I'm not gonna let hearing Henne will be the starter until September comes and he's actually out there starting. Then I'll get [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Can't watch another season of that under center. The drive is too long from Orlando for that.
This.. I can't take him under center again. Seeing it on tv is one thing, but as a STH watching him live is just pathetic.

Quote:Best thing we've had since 2009, besting jarrod's final season here.  Did we forget how he progressed?  He didn't evolve into a superstar and he certainly had his jarrod like Jekyl/Hyde performances, but he'll get us by short term until his successor earns the job.
Right. Henne bested the franchise TD record season with a 15 point lower QB rating.

Lay off the crack.

I was thinking to myself that Henne is taking a real beating around here, but then remembered that every QB since Brunell has taken the same beating.

I forgot who I was reading for a while there, and now that I remember, I'm much better now. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 10:13 PM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:No, he's not a bad QB.  He's actually decent.  Perhaps average or a little above average which is the worst sin to a fan base that expects every QB to be Manning or Brady.  It's hard to explain to these folks that those guys are the *exceptions* and not the rule.  I'd rather concentrate on creating a great team overall although I'd love to have one of those once in a generation guys myself.

I dont know what you are watching. There is no way Chenne is an above average qb. At his best he is average but more often than not he is a below average qb. 

Where did I say I expect Brady/Manning? I'm fine with Chenne as a backup but he is not a qb you are going to win with.