Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave eyeing Josh McDaniels?

Quote:The Garrapolo deal is an easy one to pull off when the Jags are picking top 5 and the Pats are picking past 24 

You can easily package swap deals or mix in next years picks 

Just for kicks:

Jags get: Pats 1, Pats 2, and Garrapolo

Pats Get: Jags 1, Jags 2, and conditional 2018 Pick (1st or 2nd)

**Jags trade Bortles for an Arizona 3 or 4 

Don't be afraid to deal, get aggressive .. I wouldn't mind picking late to get a QB or giving up my 2018 1st if I'm in the playoffs next year
The Jags are not giving up a top 3 pick for Garropolo. No way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think this fan base will settle for anyone but Gus.

Just like they did Malarkey.

Just like they did JDR.

Just like they did Coughlin.

It is what it is.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:The Jags are not giving up a top 3 pick for Garropolo. No way.

The Jags trading a top 3 pick for Garropolo would be a perfect example of why the Jags are the Jags and the Patriots are the Patriots.

Quote:I think this fan base will settle for anyone but Gus.

Just like they did Malarkey.

Just like they did JDR.

Just like they did Coughlin.

It is what it is.

Maybe. But I think the leash will be a lot shorter this time around. The talent is there. The next guy should be able to come in immediately, and at a minimum, compete in this weak division.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Why? So we don't have to have numerous threads re The Curse of Tebow? That makes sense.

He had a losing record.

He incorrectly evaluated, overdrafted, and hitched his wagon to Tebow.

His supposed gifts are his offensive capabilities, but he coaches a Tom Brady led offense. I could be offensive coordinator for Tom Brady and look good

Quote:Yep. There's a reason coordinators arn't good after leaving. They don't have Bills influence which is a huge multiplier.

They don't have tom Brady?

McDaniels: Cutler/Tebow

Weis: Matt Cassell 

Crennell: Anderson/Quinn 

O'brien: $72M Beanpole 

Mangini: Favre

Crennell was the last Browns HC to have a winning record (2007) and remains a respected defensive mind. The biggest failures of the tree comes from failures at the QB position. You can make an argument for the immaturity of McDaniels or Weis and Mangini just being plain overrated, but they are a successful bunch otherwise.

Don't forget Saban, Ferentz, Dantonio all were Belichick tree guys 

O'brien resurrected Penn State and the Texans are a QB away from truly dominating

There is some good, maybes and awful but it's not the worst tree to look to. I understand the argument for McDaniels being a no-way, but he's worth an interview

Quote:He had a losing record.

He incorrectly evaluated, overdrafted, and hitched his wagon to Tebow.

His supposed gifts are his offensive capabilities, but he coaches a Tom Brady led offense. I could be offensive coordinator for Tom Brady and look good

Well, I do think he's an offensive genius. See what he's done without all kinds of weapons. Hoodie is lucky to have him.

His problems in Denver seemed related to his duties as Head Coach rather than coordinator. Has he learned about being a HC since then? Does he really want to be a HC with all that is involved or does he just want to be the mad genius OC?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:The Jags trading a top 3 pick for Garropolo would be a perfect example of why the Jags are the Jags and the Patriots are the Patriots.

You'd be trading back to get a QB, I'm saying it's not a difficult move to pull off. You'd still have a 1st round pick

The Jags have been picking in the top 5 for a decade, Picking in the top 5 is overrated. The Patriots have been in the top 5 how many times in that same span? once, for Jarrod Mayo . I'm not pulling that hard for Garropollo, but I'm saying the move would be easy to pull off and swapping 1sts is not giving up much if you get a QB in the deal 

lets go for POPE URBAN MAYA

hopefully hes wrong since i dont want Dave to get another HC. Need him gone too

Quote:You'd be trading back to get a QB, I'm saying it's not a difficult move to pull off. You'd still have a 1st round pick

The Jags have been picking in the top 5 for a decade, Picking in the top 5 is overrated. The Patriots have been in the top 5 how many times in that same span? once, for Jarrod Mayo . I'm not pulling that hard for Garropollo, but I'm saying the move would be easy to pull off and swapping 1sts is not giving up much if you get a QB in the deal 
This makes no sense. Drafting top 5 is overrated? No it's not. It hasn't worked out for the Jags because they're choosing the wrong players.

This team still needs elite talent and the best way to get that talent is to draft high. Jon Allen or Myles Garrett will be the pick. You can still get Jimmy G without giving up a top 5 pick. 

Why would LA firing Fisher influence us of they want McDaniels? They can't interview him until NE is eliminated from the playoffs anyway. So even if we wait till after the season to fire Gus, it's not like they can interview him tomorrow.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Ill take McDaniels but only if we get Brady with him.

Quote:They don't have tom Brady?

McDaniels: Cutler/Tebow

Weis: Matt Cassell

Crennell: Anderson/Quinn

O'brien: $72M Beanpole

Mangini: Favre

Crennell was the last Browns HC to have a winning record (2007) and remains a respected defensive mind. The biggest failures of the tree comes from failures at the QB position. You can make an argument for the immaturity of McDaniels or Weis and Mangini just being plain overrated, but they are a successful bunch otherwise.

Don't forget Saban, Ferentz, Dantonio all were Belichick tree guys

O'brien resurrected Penn State and the Texans are a QB away from truly dominating

There is some good, maybes and awful but it's not the worst tree to look to. I understand the argument for McDaniels being a no-way, but he's worth an interview

Not a successful bunch at all. The only decent ones are in college football. The coordinators have little to no success as HCs.

Bill O Brien was only a coordinator for a year. His success can be directly attributed to the weak division. He also was the one who chose Brock to be his future at QB. A huge oversight.

Bills system can't be replicated. He makes everyone in that organization achieve far beyond what they can do without him, including coordinators.

Quote:This makes no sense. Drafting top 5 is overrated? No it's not. It hasn't worked out for the Jags because they're choosing the wrong players.

This team still needs elite talent and the best way to get that talent is to draft high. Jon Allen or Myles Garrett will be the pick. You can still get Jimmy G without giving up a top 5 pick. 

If you get a QB it does. Maybe my scenario is a bit aggressive, I'll give you that but you need to remember that you can't possibly go another year with Bortles, Trubiski/Kizer are round two prospects and you can't hitch your wagon to Jackson or any 18 QB

Why do so many people want Jimmy G? He's done basically nothing to warrant what the asking price would be.

Quote:Maybe. But I think the leash will be a lot shorter this time around. The talent is there. The next guy should be able to come in immediately, and at a minimum, compete in this weak division.

Is it tho? We have a top 5 defense.

Gonna fire our defensive-minded coach. K.

Joekel, Bortles and Dante Fowler. The disappearing act of a paid Hurnies. Arob is playing angry. Oline remains in shambles. As is the running game.

But yes sure the talent is there

What coach wants to come into that? If David remains the GM, he won't budge on Bortles. Who after three years is a bust. That's a big problem.

Kinda irrelevant here but I'm just saying.

Eyeing him how?  Like this?

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Quote:Cooter from Detroit may be someone to watch out for.  Once he took over, their offense played a lot better.
I dont want a first time coach, as long as Josh McDaniels stick to coaching and not full personal he would be fine

Coughlin would be first

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:If you get a QB it does. Maybe my scenario is a bit aggressive, I'll give you that but you need to remember that you can't possibly go another year with Bortles, Trubiski/Kizer are round two prospects and you can't hitch your wagon to Jackson or any 18 QB
I get your premise.

Giving up a top 5 pick or even a 1st rounder for an unproven backup is probably not a smart move. The Jags are going into next season with Blake. It's just going to happen especially with such a weak QB class this year.