Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade back

Quote:Dude, I have more stuff in front of me for mere fantasy football drafts. (not much more) but per comparison nonetheless. 

For examples sake - Lets just say that pic up there had Tennessee as the team with only 2 men in the room with what looks like 2 elementary school level notebooks in front of them, and the other 3 teams in the pic had a full room of people with notes/ computers etc etc....wouldn't we not be making fun of the Titans??? If you say no, I'll call you a liar, because you know you would. I would. and most of us would be. It simply doesn't look good. 
Lebowski, the Jags had other aspects of their draft team, they just were not present in the room that had the cameras.  Its not like the Jags pre-draft process consisted of driving to Barnes and Noble to pick up a preview to the draft magazine.  Its not like people around the league (or country) saw that pic and thought, "I guess they are just going to wing it."  

That being said, trading back could be beneficial if we could get an additional 2nd rounder.  I would be all for that, especially if we can stay in the top 12 picks.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We picked early on.... if we weren't going to get a trade, Joeckel was our pick.

Perhaps all the other people around are just unnecessary distractions at that point. 

I do think our war room last year at other points probably looked just like all the other ones.

We don't know what time this pic was taken etc. 

Quote:Lebowski, the Jags had other aspects of their draft team, they just were not present in the room that had the cameras.  Its not like the Jags pre-draft process consisted of driving to Barnes and Noble to pick up a preview to the draft magazine.  Its not like people around the league (or country) saw that pic and thought, "I guess they are just going to wing it."  

That being said, trading back could be beneficial if we could get an additional 2nd rounder.  I would be all for that, especially if we can stay in the top 12 picks.

As for the point that the Jags made their pick/ or knew it was going to be Joeckel, so the other people left and didn't need to be there.....well then explain the Chiefs? They picked a whole 1 spot before us, and would have been in a similar situation, yet they maintained a full war room. The picture taken was a simultaneous shot of all 4 war rooms, It wasn't one taken at one time, and another from another time. 

Look, the point is, theres no way that one can spin that into not looking bad for us by comparison. That pic did nothing to help our image. Even if you are correct that the other people left/ what not....it just did not look good. Stuff like that matters to Khan and I can almost guarantee that our war room this year when they have a similar shot looks nice & full like the others. You'll see. 

Quote: 

Look, the point is, theres no way that one can spin that into not looking bad for us by comparison. That pic did nothing to help our image. Even if you are correct that the other people left/ what not....it just did not look good. Stuff like that matters to Khan and I can almost guarantee that our war room this year when they have a similar shot looks nice & full like the others. You'll see. 

Yes, it looked bad.  Yes, it won't look like that again.  Why? Because I firmly believe our war room looked just like all the other war rooms last year most of the time.  There's just no way it was just Gus and Dave, without computers, etc.

You'll see it look different next year, not because Khan will demand it, but because I think the war room isn't that much different from anyone else's anyway.

I can't explain that photo, we can just speculate.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:You don't care how it looked?... 

I'd say that picture did nothing to help the previous image of our franchise being in disarray. Plus, you overlook the notion of the fallout of people in Jacksonville seeing that same picture - you think that helps the Jags sell tickets when prospective buyers see what looks like incompetence on TV, (by comparision)??

I'd bet you Shad Khan after seeing that picture was not happy. He's more image conscious and understands the potential fallout of something like that. I wouldn't doubt that when they show the Jags war room this season, that it looks a heckuva lot more like the others than the embarrassing shot from last year. 

You took that picture too hard mate. No, it doesn't bother me. It amused me, but I don't mind it. The amount of computers, heads, papers, boards, etc; mean nothing on draft day. All of the scouting is already done and over with by that point. All that needs to be done is pick a player. 

Quote:You took that picture too hard mate. No, it doesn't bother me. It amused me, but I don't mind it. The amount of computers, heads, papers, boards, etc; mean nothing on draft day. All of the scouting is already done and over with by that point. All that needs to be done is pick a player. 

Or trade the pick.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick because I really want a QB or Clowney. However, I would trade our 2nd round pick.

My ideal trade would be to trade our 2nd round pick for both of the 49ers 3rd round picks and a 4th. That would make our draft look like this:

1st

3rd

3rd

3rd

4th

4th

4th

5th

5th

5th

6th

7th

There is no reason to trade out of Round 2. Trading down that far is impossible anyway. And I personally am not happy with the #39 pick.

Quote:I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick because I really want a QB or Clowney. However, I would trade our 2nd round pick.

My ideal trade would be to trade our 2nd round pick for both of the 49ers 3rd round picks and a 4th. That would make our draft look like this:

1st

3rd

3rd

3rd

4th

4th

4th

5th

5th

5th

6th

7th

If we take a QB at 3 then I would love this scenario.  Waiting till the 3rd to get somebody would make me pretty nervous.

Quote:If we take a QB at 3 then I would love this scenario.  Waiting till the 3rd to get somebody would make me pretty nervous.

No quarterback available in the third round is good enough for me unless he is the next Russell Wilson.

I remember that being showed on NFL network. A couple things from that photo and original video.

1) that's 3 days before the draft. Look at the bottom on the news ticker "NFLdraft returns to prime time in just 3 days". That footage of Gus and Dave in the room is from a small press conference they did just before the draft. I remember watching the video on the front page of this site.

2.) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWhkn6cIjI

Start at 7:32. Room is set up. Everyone is in the room ready to work

[Image: dwq4i.jpg]

I can't believe anyone would put any thought into the network running the wrong - or a poorly chosen image.  

Quote:[Image: dwq4i.jpg]

I can't believe anyone would put any thought into the network running the wrong - or a poorly chosen image.  

Thats not even the same table! or the same room as the other!!?? 

OK, nevermind,,,,thats a bad job by ESPN. Maybe they ran that other one on purpose. 

Apologies. 

The above is much better. 

Quote:I remember that being showed on NFL network. A couple things from that photo and original video.

1) that's 3 days before the draft. Look at the bottom on the news ticker "NFLdraft returns to prime time in just 3 days". That footage of Gus and Dave in the room is from a small press conference they did just before the draft. I remember watching the video on the front page of this site.

2.) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWhkn6cIjI

Start at 7:32. Room is set up. Everyone is in the room ready to work

Thanks. Cleared up. 

TMD overreacting again?  lol once again, shocker.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 07:12 PM by Dakota.)

Trade back, and trade back some more. Give me the 15 third rounders too.

Contrary to what most around here think, one great player won't fix this team. There are way too many holes.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:There is no reason to trade out of Round 2. Trading down that far is impossible anyway. And I personally am not happy with the #39 pick.

I'm not happy with the 39th pick either.  i like the 40th pick.  It's all ball bearings these days anyway.  Get me some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads and I'll show you how you transform a Fetzer valve into the greatest draft ever!

Who's with me?

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:[Image: dwq4i.jpg]

Is it just me, or does Shad look like some guy who won a sweepstakes from the local sports station to be a guest for the draft.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Is it just me, or does Shad look like some guy who won a sweepstakes from the local sports station to be a guest for the draft.

Yes. Kid in a candy store.  Something about a pig in feces.  All of those good ol cliches rolled into one giddy mustachioed man! 

Honestly if I had to guess the picture showed was before they got new equipment and tables.  Caldwell probably wanted an upgrade from Gene Smith's era, and until the new equipment arrived they pushed four tables together to work in the mean time.

Look at the second picture.  Those chairs look WAY more comfortable than the ones in the other war rooms.  It also looks a lot less cramped.

Here's a picture:

[Image: BIu9e-oCQAEULri.jpg]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:TMD overreacting again? lol once again, shocker.

I will say when this first aired on nfl network last year we were getting ragged on big time on social media the next couple days before the draft FWIW. People were making a big deal out of nothing.