Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Highlights from season ending press conference with Caldwell and Bradley

Quote:Two days into the offseason and the "schtick" is already unbearable.

Right, shoot the messenger. The Jaguars basically write the stuff I say. Anger = misplaced. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Regarding Caldwell's quote - Unreal. Caldwell gets sucked into the trap too. 

Regarding Bradley's quote - not surprised.  I pegged Bradley as a guy who would probably stick with his originally hired staff out of loyalty. Could wind up being one of those guys where that noble concept becomes a double edged sword. Especially given that some of the assistants such as the Coordinators were weak hires to begin with. 
So Caldwell should cut Lewis just because? Clay Harbor showed enough that he's good to step in? Or we should go try to snag one of the FA's that don't know the system and might require large contracts as well? Your trap is the only thing that's sucking.

And Bradley should just can a bunch of coordinators after one year for what purpose? And who's coordinators are we going to steal, or who will we hire off the street?

Get over yourself you louse. He's probably sticking with his coordinators because they did they best with what they had. 

The team doubled its win total from last year with an almost complete roster overhaul. And you find every chance on this board in every thread to spew your manure. It is quite ridiculous that you seriously have nothing better to do. For years now... YEARS you've been doing the same ol song and dance. WOW!

Quote:So it looks like with all this cap room, we won't be spending big again. Disappointing.

I didn't take that from his comment. 

I took it to mean that the "volume" or "quantity" of FA would be similar, but the level of FA going after might increase. 

Quote:You guys are sometimes thick... You think Caldwell is transparent?  But in reality you don't know.  Maybe he plans on cutting Gabbert but is looking to make it seem like he has a chance to stick.  He's increasing his trade value by saying they like him, he's improved, he's a good character, etc etc.  It could all just be posturing on Dave's part.  We don't know.  Freaking out and wetting the bed like TMD is just annoying.
Ok, that's one comment you chose to pick out.  I'm speaking about his entire tenure.  I don't think anyone is freaking out either, relax.

Quote:Right, shoot the messenger. The Jaguars basically write the stuff I say. Anger = misplaced. 

1. Did you watch the press conference?

2. Do you really think the fact that he said Marcedes will be back because we don't have any cap issues whatsoever is the BIGGEST deal?  There's nothing else you'd rather talk about?  How is that fun for you?  To me, the Marcedes comment, which was like 5 seconds, was such a minor issue at this press conference.  There were a lot more interesting topics they talked about.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Oh, you are satisfied with the 2 Coordinators that we have? The same ones that presided over 240 points scored and 450 points allowed? Okayyyyeeee. 
No i just think Gus and DAve are Light years smarter then you and know what they are doing, where as you are nothing but a laugh a minute.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 11:59 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So Caldwell should cut Lewis just because? Clay Harbor showed enough that he's good to step in? Or we should go try to snag one of the FA's that don't know the system and might require large contracts as well? Your trap is the only thing that's sucking.

And Bradley should just can a bunch of coordinators after one year for what purpose? And who's coordinators are we going to steal, or who will we hire off the street?

Get over yourself you louse. He's probably sticking with his coordinators because they did they best with what they had. 

The team doubled its win total from last year with an almost complete roster overhaul. And you find every chance on this board in every thread to spew your manure. It is quite ridiculous that you seriously have nothing better to do. For years now... YEARS you've been doing the same ol song and dance. WOW!

Marcedes makes 8.5 MIL next year and produces at a level of average TE in this league. Keeping him without a MAJOR pay cut (NOT merely restructuring / pushing same money forward) is ridiculous. 

The Jags Coordinators are easily among the bottom 1/3rd in the league, and thats conservative. As for who to replace them with??......:

Off the top of my head I'll tell you that Chudzinski at OC and Leslie Frazier at DC would be a stark improvement over what we currently have. And both are available right now. 

As for painting the rosy outlook and praising the doubling of wins, what a crock. The team had a much easier schedule in 2013 than 2012, more winnable games, anyway. ANd the point differential DECLINED overall. Get outta here with that sell-job. 

Quote:Two days into the offseason and the "schtick" is already unbearable.

At least we now know what the theme of his new mantra will be - Marcedes Lewis and the coordinators. More specifically, Caldwell's franchise cornerstone and Bradley's loyalty to his staff.

Get used to reading it.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Oh, you are satisfied with the 2 Coordinators that we have? The same ones that presided over 240 points scored and 450 points allowed? Okayyyyeeee. 
It wasn't scheme it was lack of production from players.

No Blackmon, No good QB, No Oline protection. No run game.... won't score a lot of points that way.

lacking pass rush, rookie/very young secondary, lack of offense required too much of a young D

won't stop a lot of points from being scored that way...

but don't let the facts stop you from your usual diatribe

Quote:So it looks like with all this cap room, we won't be spending big again. Disappointing.
Spending big never works.  That's the Redskins and Cowboys way, which they've proven is the wrong way.  Let's stick with the philosophy the NFL has shown works.

Sounds like he will be smarter and not spend big on FA that cant come in and start or produce(Forsett).

Quote:Marcedes makes 8.5 MIL next year and produces at a level of average TE in this league. Keeping him without a MAJOR pay cut (NOT merely restructuring / pushing same money forward) is ridiculous. 

The Jags Coordinators are easily among the bottom 1/3rd in the league, and thats conservative. As for who to replace them with??

Off the top of my head I'll tell you that Chudzinski at OC and Leslie Frazier at DC would be a sark improvement over what we currently have. And both are available right now. 
we have the cap room to let him play out his contract, if he doesn't produce you cut ties and costs nothing after this season. it isn't YOUR money anyway.

Frazier is interested in head coaching. Cudzinski is just a name you're throwing out there. The Panthers didn't seem to miss him. Players not plays.

Besides NEW OCs and DCs would hurt our young players with new schemes and crap. Consistency matters whether you want to admit it or not.

Quote:Right, shoot the messenger. The Jaguars basically write the stuff I say. Anger = misplaced.

Aaawwwweeeee that's so cute. You want attention!

Shall I brush your hair and ask you about your day?

Quote:It wasn't scheme it was lack of production from players.

No Blackmon, No good QB, No Oline protection. No run game.... won't score a lot of points that way.

lacking pass rush, rookie/very young secondary, lack of offense required too much of a young D

Ding ding ding.

i'm sure guys like Chud are just DYING to come coach our offense with the stars we have!

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Not surprising we aren't making any staff changes. We are used to staff turnover every season. In this case, staff continuity will help us next season.

Caldwell basically said we will sign a couple impact players, most likely a DE and a RB or QB. We need help at LB too, so I wouldn't be surprised if we try for another Geno Hayes.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:At least we now know what the theme of his new mantra will be - Marcedes Lewis and the coordinators. More specifically, Caldwell's franchise cornerstone and Bradley's loyalty to his staff.

Get used to reading it.

Every point I made that you quoted is salient too. 

Quote:It wasn't scheme it was lack of production from players.

sigh, lol, its always "execution" with you guys....

240 points scored/ 450 given up. Thats a -200 point differential. Thats disgraceful no matter what your roster is, and good coaching (Coordinators) should have had even this roster as much as 100 points better on the season point differential. 

Quote:we have the cap room to let him play out his contract, if he doesn't produce you cut ties and costs nothing after this season. it isn't YOUR money anyway.

Frazier is interested in head coaching. Cudzinski is just a name you're throwing out there. The Panthers didn't seem to miss him. Players not plays.

Besides NEW OCs and DCs would hurt our young players with new schemes and crap. Consistency matters whether you want to admit it or not.

Regarding the first sentence, "stop, rewind, play"....Marcedes always seems to do just enough with a stretch of play at some point during the season to sucker you all in. I don't care if its not my money, that doesn't advocate wasting it and being irresponsible fiscally. 

Frazier can be "interested" in being a head coach all he wants....lol, I'm sure Wade Phillips is too....neither will be getting a HC job, so its Coordinator at best for both. 

As for Chudzinski being "just a name" and "players, not plays".....good to see you are still clueless. Chudzinski has a track record in getting the most out of less, and developing young offensive skill players. Derek ANDERSON actually looked good under his watch. Yes, that Derek Anderson. And he's also presided over the best seasons of Jordan Cameron, Josh Gordon and that other WR in Cleveland years ago that got 16 TD with Derek Anderson....

Saying "players, not plays" is so ignorant. Coaching & player development is just as important. If either one is lacking, the results will be disappointing. You need both. 

Quote:Every point I made that you quoted is salient too. 

sigh, lol, its always "execution" with you guys....

240 points scored/ 450 given up. Thats a -200 point differential. Thats disgraceful no matter what your roster is, and good coaching (Coordinators) should have had even this roster as much as 100 points better on the season point differential. 

Regarding the first sentence, "stop, rewind, play"....Marcedes always seems to do just enough with a stretch of play at some point during the season to sucker you all in. I don't care if its not my money, that doesn't advocate wasting it and being irresponsible fiscally. 

Frazier can be "interested" in being a head coach all he wants....lol, I'm sure Wade Phillips is too....neither will be getting a HC job, so its Coordinator at best for both. 

As for Chudzinski being "just a name" and "players, not plays".....good to see you are still clueless. Chudzinski has a track record in getting the most out of less, and developing young offensive skill players. Derek ANDERSON actually looked good under his watch. Yes, that Derek Anderson. And he's also presided over the best seasons of Jordan Cameron, Josh Gordon and that other WR in Cleveland years ago that got 16 TD with Derek Anderson....

Saying "players, not plays" is so ignorant. Coaching & player development is just as important. If either one is lacking, the results will be disappointing. You need both. 

Did you guys hear something?

;

;

Quote:Regarding Caldwell's quote - Unreal. Caldwell gets sucked into the trap too. 

Regarding Bradley's quote - not surprised.  I pegged Bradley as a guy who would probably stick with his originally hired staff out of loyalty. Could wind up being one of those guys where that noble concept becomes a double edged sword. Especially given that some of the assistants such as the Coordinators were weak hires to begin with.
Glad you made the effort to update us on how Caldwell and Bradley are doing in meeting your expectations. I'm sure they can't wait to hear your feedback. You "pegged Bradley" - yeah I bet you did.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:i'm sure guys like Chud are just DYING to come coach our offense with the stars we have!

Gabbert & Henne eras are basically done. Acting like Capable Coordinators would avoid this job is folly. 

Quote:Not surprising we aren't making any staff changes. We are used to staff turnover every season. In this case, staff continuity will help us next season.

Ugh, the tired ol myth of "continuity". 

Winning/ success breeds continuity, not the other way around. 

Retaining lousy coaches isn't going to make them better through osmosis just by retention....