Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blaines Comments about returning!

Can we bring Matt Saracen in for a look? I think he is better than Blaine Gabbert.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM by BritishJag.)

I hate how people jump on his back.

You think he wanted his career to go this way? The kid wanted to win, it's not like he's been a problem in the locker room or done anything illegal.

It just hasn't worked out, it's a shame for Blaine, the team and the fans. Maybe if the Jags had handled the situation better when we drafted him (releasing Garrard right before the season etc.) it would have turned out better, who knows?

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 10:46 AM by FJohnson.)

Per press conference Caldwell says Blaine will be back. Reason, Upside, excellent practice player, at minimum a back-up. So that settles it. But I would have loved to have known who the reporter was who asked, "WHY!?!"

Im starting to feel sorry for Gabbert.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I wonder if that means Chad will be gone. Unless we carry rookie/fa + chad + blaine. I have nothing against the Jags keeping Blaine, it doesn't really hurt anything. Maybe the light will go off and he will improve, he is still young. I do not support going in with Blaine as the starter..but the backup..sure why not.

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 10:54 AM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:I hate how people jump on his back.

You think he wanted his career to go this way? The kid wanted to win, it's not like he's been a problem in the locker room or done anything illegal.

It just hasn't worked out, it's a shame for Blaine, the team and the fans. Maybe if the Jags had handled the situation better when we drafted him (releasing Garrard right before the season etc.) it would have turned out better, who knows?
I 100% agree. We drafted a guy who, it was obvious to everyone, needed to sit behind a veteran QB for a year (probably two tbh). And we never gave him that chance, the reason his career has failed here is probably about 90% due to the Jags.

The fact is if he had continued to drop in the draft and fell to someone like the Patriots and Bellichik, he would look a good enough player that there would be a topic in NFL at Large to trade for him!

Quote:Per press conference Caldwell says Blaine will be back. Reason, Upside, excellent practice player, at minimum a back-up. So that settles it. But I would have loved to have known who the reporter was who asked, "WHY!?!"

Because... Andre Branch.    Same situation.  

Quote:Because... Andre Branch. Same situation.

I know right where's the sense in keeping young players with upside, that are on rookie contracts on peanuts compared to the rest of the nfl players at their position.

Quote:Because... Andre Branch.    Same situation.  
yes, wasnt the same geniuses that are claiming Gabbert a bust, also claiming Branch as another jene smiffs bust and wanting him gone?

I wouldn't cut him, no sense in that. We still pay him if we cut him, either trade him or keep him around, even as a third stringer.

I think that settles it... Anthony Barr at #3 barring a trade back.

We obviously need competition at the QB position. I don't see an issue in bringing gabbert and henne back as long as we bring in a rookie to develop. Jay Cutler or Matt Schaub might also be options if Henne doesn't end up resigning.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I think that settles it... Anthony Barr at #3 barring a trade back.
Wouldn't mind that at all.
No commercial messages in sigs

Blaine coming back? - Thats a season killer even if he doesn't come back as a starter.

Quote:"I don't see no reason I won't"???   Excuse me while I try to untangle that pretzel-knot triple-negative of a sentence.  

Okay, that was pretty funny.

Welcome back Blaine, here's your clipboard!  :clap:

Doubt he's back, did you expect Caldwell to rip the under contract player at the season ending press conference? Gabbert is not in their plans, if he was, they would of played him, he was a healthy scratch all season. The guy is a bust, plaine cut and dry. Also in this preser, Dave mentioned that if we draft a QB, gabberts chances of being here are slim, as he also stated they would like to retain Henne, even getting a contract done before this season ends. Gabbert was given a chance by this regime to be the guy and possibly change his career. He had weapons, he had the coaches and gm backing him up, but he was awful, then got hurt. He could not beat out Chad Henne.

Sure, he's young and has a big arm, but that's about it. He may be brought to camp, who knows. I doubt it, and all signs point to his release. Sorry JAGFAN88, he's not the QB you think he is.

Keep him on the roster. Smokescreen. Bortles 3rd overall

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM by JohnnyJaguar.)

Agree with OP 110%. Good post. The kid(Gabbert) did indeed come across as arrogant. Arrogant in that he was the single worst QB to start a game in the entire NFL this season, and still talks about competing for "my job again". Gimme a break. This team is finally moving forwards, new coach, new GM, likely a top 3 QB in the draft this year, just leave already Gab. Of course you "don't want to be anywhere else" Blaine, and of course it's "a ridiculous question to ask" whether you'll seek a trade. Because there;s not a team in the world today that would trade us anything for you. 

He just needs to be gone, for our future. Whatever QB we draft this year needs to come in and be immediately given the keys to the city, knowing from draft-day that he has our full support, a starting job, and the future helm of our franchise. We don't need some half-baked Gabbert, who already knows the playbook better than a rookie, trying to win his job back in the offseason. It didn't work out well for two young guys, RG3 and Cousins in Washington, it's recipe for disaster. Keep Henne, he's a good guy, certainly a mentor-type, who *knows his role*, and doesn't think Jaguars starting QB position is "my job". 

I want 3 players. Clowney, Bridgewater, Manziel. Jaguars have the number 3 pick. Just give me one of those 3 at 3, and I'm happy.

My top 6 favorite posters on these boards

Deacon
Pirkster
Shack Del Rio
Haterade
Hurricane
Badger

Quote:Agree with OP 110%. Good post. The kid(Gabbert) did indeed come across as arrogant. Arrogant in that he was the single worst QB to start a game in the entire NFL this season, and still talks about competing for "my job again". Gimme a break. This team is finally moving forwards, new coach, new GM, likely a top 3 QB in the draft this year, just leave already Gab. Of course you "don't want to be anywhere else" Blaine, and of course it's "a ridiculous question to ask" whether you'll seek a trade. Because there;s not a team in the world today that would trade us anything for you. 

He just needs to be gone, for our future. Whatever QB we draft this year needs to come in and be immediately given the keys to the city, knowing from draft-day that he has our full support, a starting job, and the future helm of our franchise. We don't need some half-baked Gabbert, who already knows the playbook better than a rookie, trying to win his job back in the offseason. It didn't work out well for two young guys, RG3 and Cousins in Washington, it's recipe for disaster. Keep Henne, he's a good guy, certainly a mentor-type, who *knows his role*, and doesn't think Jaguars starting QB position is "my job". 
And if we give him the keys, and he ruins the city? Way to put thought into your post!

While Gabbert has proven not to be the anwser here, god forbid he stays positive through it all!

Not sure how you even ompare it to Washington, nothing alike.