Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3rd overall pick

So we have the 3rd overall pick?  Is that confirmed?  If so, that's fine by me.  

We also have alot of cap space for Free Agency, right?

So we have a pretty high 1st round pick, multiple day three picks, and cap space to make moves?

Are we thinking this is a bad thing?

Seriously, just upgrading our QB position puts us easily at 8-8 or 9-7...  

We get some help on the D-line, we get some help on in the Interior of our O-Line and we're in good shape.  This isn't a time to feel sorry for ourselves

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Please no Clowney. It depends on if we are going QB hunting in free agency. We should get a QB as soon as possible. Clowney isn't going to survive in the NFL, he's not discipline enough, and he's honestly not even that good.

Quote:I just looked up the OROY  and DROY for the last 30 years.

Now I am laughing at this 2 picks only nonsense.

It's comical.

So you're saying that we actually have a chance?  LOL!

It's so funny how much worry goes into where we are drafting as opposed to who is doing the drafting and who is preparing those those that we draft to play the game.

It's the Vic Ketchman disease.  It's not just players.  It's a combination.  To think differently is to not understand social dynamics and team sports.

Quote:I just looked up the OROY and DROY for the last 30 years.

Now I am laughing at this 2 picks only nonsense.

It's comical.

Please do share your findings.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Jaguars even suck at losing.

Has TMD made their post how the sky is falling for us yet? Don't feel like going back and reading.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2013, 05:27 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Please do share your findings.
No problem. Smile

http://bit.ly/1cfQ5IR

It's earth shattering how few were picked with the top two picks. :woot:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Its the Tacks turn to tank now.

So Im sure we will be seeing Luck, Bridgewater, and Winston in the AFCS very soon.

Quote:Has TMD made their post how the sky is falling for us yet? Don't feel like going back and reading.

Let me give you the Cliff's notes:  We bad, we always will be bad, there is no hope, Jacksonville is cursed by the NFL, abandon all hope.

I hope I didn't miss anything

Quote:No problem. Smile

http://bit.ly/1cfQ5IR

I don't know how you did that, but that was COOL!

If Bridgewater and Clowney are gone I think we take Manziel. Do or die.

Quote:Its the Tacks turn to tank now.

So Im sure we will be seeing Luck, Bridgewater, and Winston in the AFCS very soon.

And we'll be stuck with Henne for perpetuity, right?   :pinch:

Quote:Has TMD made their post how the sky is falling for us yet? Don't feel like going back and reading.
Only about 17 of them. 

[Image: GRA392.pvw.jpg]

Quote:If Bridgewater and Clowney are gone I think we take Manziel. Do or die.

Do you think Manziel fits into the Bradley scheme?  If so, then I trust we'll get him.  I don't know if Manziel is worth a 1st round pick though...  That's just my opinion

1. Houston- Clowney

2. St. Louis- Matthews

Jacksonville- Barr

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:No problem. Smile

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bit.ly/1cfQ5IR'>http://bit.ly/1cfQ5IR</a>

It's earth shattering how few were picked with the top two picks. :woot:

Lol
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Typical for the Jags, basically the worst possible outcome. No Bridgewater and now no Clowney either. 

And a glut of teams tied at 4-12 so our picks in subsequent rounds will be scattered. 

It just seems scripted. 

The NFL doesn't want this franchise to be successful while it remains in Jax.

Why do you think it is guaranteed the Rams will pick Clowney? How do you know the Jaguars even want Clowney? (I think they don't for multiple reasons.)

The Falcons were so close - they lost by only one point. I watched most of the second half because that game surprisingly was not a blowout. After reading their #1 need in the draft is a defensive end, I am now convinced they would be stupid to not pick an offensive lineman first because Matt Ryan was sacked 9 times and it was never his fault. So we should not worry too much about them trading up because they need Matthews.

In addition to Atlanta's 21-20 loss, early game scores included:

Titans 16, Texans 10

Steelers 20, Browns 7

Vikings 14, Lions 13

The Redskins are trailing 20-6 at the two-minute warning.

Quote:I don't know how you did that, but that was COOL!
It's a tool everyone should have at their disposal.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I think they take Matthews at two.

They'll probably take Mathews.....but not at 2.......someone will trade up for Clowney or Bridgewater. St. Louis will still get their guy....and extra picks.

Quote:1. Houston - Clowney

2. St. Louis - Matthews

3. Jacksonville - Barr

If Teddy Bridgewater is available at 3, which would be a miracle because the Texans need a quarterback, we are picking him.