Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you believe in Blackmon?

Since my crystal ball is broken, I have no clue what will happen.

I believe I will wait and see.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't believe for a second he could be a top 5 receiver anytime soon.  could he be our number 1?  absolutely.  will he be?  I hope so.  would I want to go into next season relying on him to be there?  no. if the young man turns his life around that would be awesome, for us and himself, but can a team rely on that?  in my humble opinion no.  hope I am wrong on him turning his life around.  I know im not wrong on top five receivers. 

Quote:No one here knows him personally and knows how bad he really is, he's made mistakes sure but nobody here knows anything so none of us really know. 
Just to be clear...  Does anyone here know anything?   

:teehee:

Quote:Do you believe he can come back next year, stay out of trouble and be our Josh Gordon?
Justin Blackmon has given us no reason to hope he will avoid yet another offense.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2013, 09:01 AM by homebiscuit.)

It all depends on what he's doing right now. If he is seeking the long term professional help he needs and is taking positive steps to truly turn his life around, then yes, I believe in him. If he's just biding his time to get another chance, then trade him now.

What I want to know is if anyone in the organization is keeping tabs with him. That's important for both parties.

I believe he can be back and will be.

I genuinely think he has a problem and by how I hear GB and DC speak I don't think they'd abandon one of their own, I think they will give him every chance to succeed and change and I think he'll take it, I also think he is a future pride inductee!

Quote:It all depends on what he's doing right now. If he is seeking the long term professional help he needs and is taking positive steps to truly turn his life around, then yes, I believe in him. If he's just biding his time to get another chance, then trade him now.

What I want to know is if anyone in the organization is keeping tabs with him. That's important for both parties.
This ^^

I've been trying to find out how things are with him.

Believe in him? He's burned us too many times.

Time to cut the canned apologies and prove himself.

I give him 50/50 and that's being generous.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If he can just keep himself out of trouble, I see Justin as the best player on the team.

'02

I believe Blackmon is a top caliber WR in this league when on the field. When he returns from suspension, do I trust him to stay out of any further issues that may result in suspension? No. That is why I think this team needs to protect themselves by adding a WR in free agency or the draft.

Quote:If he can just keep himself out of trouble, I see Justin as the best player on the team.

Do we really have enough evidence of this?  He had a great game in Denver, and an amazing TD catch and run against the rams...  Maybe my memory isn't very good but I'm not impressed with the guy.  He shows flashes, but flashes a career doesn't make.  His body of work just isn't large enough.  His rookie year was not great, but it was his rookie year.  His second year, he played what?  4 games?  

I think it's just to early to think he's gonna be a world beater.  Matter of fact, the likelihood of him washing out of the league seems more than just a 50/50 percentage.

Depends, if his troubles are due to Mary then I think he can easily come back and stay clean for more than a season or two. If it's alcohol then he will be back but shouldn't be any long term plan because the inevitable slip up will happen. Might not be next season, but it will happen. I really hope for Justin's sake, and selfishly the Jags sake, that he can recover.

Lol @ people discrediting Blackmon's play. He's easily a Top 5 receiver in this league. I think you're just discrediting him to justify your opinion on releasing him.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Lol @ people discrediting Blackmon's play. He's easily a Top 5 receiver in this league. I think you're just discrediting him to justify your opinion on releasing him.

Easily? Put down the pipe my friend.

;

;

Quote:Lol @ people discrediting Blackmon's play. He's easily a Top 5 receiver in this league. I think you're just discrediting him to justify your opinion on releasing him.

Not discrediting anything.  He could potentially be a Top 5 receiver, but the amount of games he's played hasn't really proven that.  Oh and I forgot to give him credit for the Texans game last year which he also looked awesome.  There's no doubt he has a skill set to make him a good.  But there are alot of WRs in this league that have an awesome skill set that fizzle away.  

With Blackmon you can't ignore his off-field detriments when considering his game play on the field.  For him, they go hand in hand.  Perhaps I have a bias against him, I'm not denying that.  But I'm also trying to be objective when it comes to him on the field.  You can't be a Top 5 receiver if you are not consistently in games to play your position.

He'll be fine, but like I said, he won't ever be relied on. Even if he becomes a Hall of Fame player and plays all 16 games for the rest of his career, and he will still be considered a liability throughout.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I love Blackmon, but...

Calvin Johnson

Josh Gordon

Dez Bryant

Andre Johnson

AJ Green

Julio Jones

That's six.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I love Blackmon, but...

Calvin Johnson

Josh Gordon

Dez Bryant

Andre Johnson

AJ Green

Julio Jones

That's six.

Add Demarius Thomas, Desean Jackson, Torrey Smith, and Brandon Marshall to that list. It's hard to even argue Blackmon as top 10.

He might be the best the Jaguars have but he's not a guy the league will be beating down the door of.

Quote:He might be the best the Jaguars have but he's not a guy the league will be beating down the door of.

Maybe not yet. He has that potential.

Quote:Maybe not yet. He has that potential.

No, he really doesn't.

If he hit free agency he'd be well paid, but if he and the guys Jagwire'd and I listed all hit free agency at the same time he'd be the last option out of all of those guys based purely on talent. Throw in his substance abuse issue and it gets even worse.

Quote:No, he really doesn't.

If he hit free agency he'd be well paid, but if he and the guys Jagwire'd and I listed all hit free agency at the same time he'd be the last option out of all of those guys based purely on talent. Throw in his substance abuse issue and it gets even worse.

As of now, yes. But he has the potential to be just as good as all the guys listed.