Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins

Its being more likely that the texans will take bridgewater, this debate will be carr or captain kirk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Or one of any of the several other quarterbacks that will go in the first or second round.

Remember when Flynn started a few games for GBP and threw I think 6 tds and next year had success playing while Rodgers rested? Caldwell will make yhe best decision. He preaches build through the draft so I have a feeling we are not going to trade our picks
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I like Cousins. He'd be solid for us, but there are just too many q.b.'s in this draft with solid starting potential to pull the trigger on him in a trade.  If we miss on Bridgewater then I'd sit tight and see who fell to us at the top of the second. 

Why are we even thinking about grabbing cousins

If you want to be stuck in QB purgatory for the next half decade until you realize there's no way you'll win a super bowl then Cousins is your guy. 

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2013, 10:11 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

You guys are crazy for wanting to trade a 2nd for Cousins. Cousins looked decent today but keep in mind it was against the worst pass defense in the NFL. The Falcons have played three rookie QBs this year (Mike Glennon x2, Geno Smith, and E.J. Manuel). In those 4 games, the QBs accounted for 9 touchdowns and 1 turnover. Kirk Cousins today had 3 touchdowns and 3 turnovers. On the year, Cousins now has 3 TDs and 6 turnovers on the year. I'm not interested.

Cousins never really had a lot of upside. He has an incredibly weak arm, average athleticism, and is smaller than you'd like your QB to be. He is destined to be a career backup unless some team makes the mistake of trading a high pick for him. Please, let's not be that team. I am tired of average-at-best QBs.

Philip Rivers and Eli Manning.

Quote:Its being more likely that the texans will take bridgewater, this debate will be carr or captain kirk

Bridgewater isn't going first. 

Case Keenum looked pretty solid in his first start too.

QB draft fear is real.  Draft the guy.  

We're not getting Cousins or trading for anyone else. We're drafting a QB.

Cousins is a young Henne.. You guys didnt watch his game either..He is content with being a backup behind RG3. Nobody wants a QB like that, we want the guy that wants to be it..

I don't know why everybody is so dismissive of Kirk Cousins. I think the kid looks great. To compare him to Matt Flynn is totally unfair, Flynn got a contract solely on a 1 game performance which is totally ludicrous, no wonder it didn't work out. Cousins is a solid QB, with the young explosive WR's in Jacksonville and a healthy Offensive line next year I could see it being a great fit honestly. Cousins has much more of a resume than Flynn ever did, short memory you guys must have because I'm pretty sure despite all the RG3 hype last season the Washington Redskins wouldn't of been in the Playoffs in the first place if Kirk Cousins didn't step in and lead the team there himself. I think writing Cousins off as a Henne, Flynn or not being able to win a super bowl with him is irrationally unfair to Cousins ability. The guy can play and he is still very young. It's easy to be fearful of trading for Cousins and it not working out because of the Matt Flynn stories out there.. However not so fast my friends.. in the same week the Jacksonville Jaguars are honoring Mark Brunell did we all fail to remember that Mark Brunell was a back-up QB for the Green Bay Packers before he ever came to Jacksonville. Steve Buerlin was suppose to be the guy but Wayne Weaver went out and Traded for Brunell a good looking back-up QB from Green Bay and that worked out pretty damn well for us didn't it Jag fans?... Another thing.. why does it have to be one or the other.. the Odds of the Jaguars getting Bridgewater aren't very good anyways. So why don't we trade for Cousins and Draft a guy like the young man out of UCF later in the draft. Me personally I feel as tho outside of a few key additions on Defense the Jaguars are a lot closer to a AFC South Championship team than people realize right now.. you put Cousins on this roster this year we easily win 2 or 3 more games.. I don't think it is too crazy for the Jaguars to end up investing 2 Draft Picks to sure up the most important position on the field. Trade for Kirk Cousins and also Draft a QB with Starting potential.. I have absolutely 0 problem with that, actually I would encourage it. In all reality I think the Redskins might be trading the wrong guy, Cousins passing ability can't be argued.. RG3, in my opinion Cousins has proved more to me as far as being a consistent Starter than RG3. 

Quote:Case Keenum looked pretty solid in his first start too.
So did matt flynn, and he got a big contract to hold a clipboard. Not interested in one game wonders.

1 Game Wonder?.... Pretty sure he lead the Reskins to the Play-Offs last year while RG3 sat on the bench.. Might wanna check into that.

No to cousins and losing a 2nd rounder for a Henne at worst / Schaub at best QB.

Quote:Cousins is a young Henne.. You guys didnt watch his game either..He is content with being a backup behind RG3. Nobody wants a QB like that, we want the guy that wants to be it..

Thank you Dr. Phil.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Cousins is a young Henne.. You guys didnt watch his game either..He is content with being a backup behind RG3. Nobody wants a QB like that, we want the guy that wants to be it..

What are you talking about? Cousins has said plenty of times that he wants to be a starter, whether in DC or somewhere else.

I see a lot of assumptions being made about what or what not Cousins is... in reality none of you have any idea what the guy can accomplish. He is very talented. much more so than Chad Henne so please enough with that garbage.. Be kicking ourselves for years if he ends up on a AFC roster in the Playoffs year after year..