Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater has contemplated staying in school.

Quote:Winston is a redshirt freshman. That means this is his first year at FSU and he will not be eligible until 2016.

That is incorrect, ma'am.  

This is his second year at FSU, hence last year he "redshirted."  He is eligible for the 2015 draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here is factual information: Christian Ponder graduated two years before entering the NFL draft. How does graduating say everything when that happens? Many players stay in school after graduating FYI.

That's right. I stayed in school after I graduated too. I wanted to check out the new incoming freshman girls.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:Here is factual information: Christian Ponder graduated two years before entering the NFL draft. How does graduating say everything when that happens? Many players stay in school after graduating FYI.

Uh, Ponder wasn't anywhere close to a first-round prospect in 2009. He probably couldn't have even gotten an insurance policy if he wanted one. Bad comparison.

Quote:That is incorrect, ma'am.  

This is his second year at FSU, hence last year he "redshirted."  He is eligible for the 2015 draft.

So why did I keep hearing this year he is a redshirt?

Quote:Uh, Ponder wasn't anywhere close to a first-round prospect in 2009. He probably couldn't have even gotten an insurance policy if he wanted one. Bad comparison.

I was rebutting the claim that the fact Teddy graduated "says everything." Not trying to compare him and Christian at all.

Quote:I was rebutting the claim that the fact Teddy graduated "says everything." Not trying to compare him and Christian at all.

Do you understand the concept of "redshirting?"

Honest question.  I'm not being sarcastic.

Just to clarify, he is a redshirt freshman this year, which means he redshirted last year.  Otherwise, he'd be a true sophomore.

Quote:I was rebutting the claim that the fact Teddy graduated "says everything." Not trying to compare him and Christian at all.

I said the insurance policy "says everything", not the graduating part. Who's taken out a policy like that and came back to school?

Quote:Do you understand the concept of "redshirting?"

Honest question.  I'm not being sarcastic.

Just to clarify, he is a redshirt freshman this year, which means he redshirted last year.  Otherwise, he'd be a true sophomore.

My dad said a redshirt freshman is a player who decided to spend his first season on the team practicing, working out, etc. but not playing in the games.

Quote:I said the insurance policy "says everything", not the graduating part. Who's taken out a policy like that and came back to school?

Jadaveon Clowney took out a $5 million insurance policy and went back to school.

Quote:Jadaveon Clowney took out a $5 million insurance policy and went back to school.

He did it before his junior year like Teddy. What are you talking about?

Quote:we have no shot at getting him atm so i doubt people would care. Its actually better if he went back so the texans dont get him, and then next year winston and teddy would be available.
right now we are picking at 6 so we still have a chance

Quote:right now we are picking at 6 so we still have a chance

It's true.  A lot can happen to the draft order over the next few weeks.  There are 8 teams at 4-9 or worse right now.  

Quote:It's true.  A lot can happen to the draft order over the next few weeks.  There are 8 teams at 4-9 or worse right now.  

There is no way the Texans are not picking #1 with their next two games being against the Broncos and Colts. The best they can do is 3-13 without a miracle and they probably will finish 2-14. So what gives us a chance is the possibility he can drop.

Quote:I think Vangrant bolted when our tanking stopped
Good, one less fake jags fan on this site. He made himself look really stupid too often. We never tanked we just wasnt that good the first half of the season

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 03:46 AM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:My dad said a redshirt freshman is a player who decided to spend his first season on the team practicing, working out, etc. but not playing in the games.

That's true, but it still counts as one of the 3 years withdrawn from high school.

Quote:There is no way the Texans are not picking #1 with their next two games being against the Broncos and Colts. The best they can do is 3-13 without a miracle and they probably will finish 2-14. So what gives us a chance is the possibility he can drop.
I can see them beating the colts.

They're not playing very well right now.

I can see us beating them too, btw.

Quote:So why did I keep hearing this year he is a redshirt?
Because he is a redshirt freshman this year. In term of academic year, he is a sophomore year at FSU. Next will be his 3rd academic year, hence, he can enter the draft should he go that route. (The NFL requires at least 3 years after high school to be eligible for the draft.)

Quote:That's true, but it still counts as one of the 3 years withdrawn from high school.

Which means this season is Year 1 for Jameis Winston.

Quote:I can see them beating the Colts.

They're not playing very well right now.

I can see us beating them too, BTW.

I hope you are right, but as bad as the Colts are playing now, both the Texans and Jaguars are worse. Also, both teams go to Indianapolis.

Quote:Because he is a redshirt freshman this year. In term of academic year, he is a sophomore year at FSU. Next will be his 3rd academic year, hence, he can enter the draft should he go that route. (The NFL requires at least 3 years after high school to be eligible for the draft.)

So why don't people call him a sophomore?