Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Americans no longer want to drink these 9 beers

PBR for the price is one of the best beers out there.

Beer stein sales down....portable vaporizer sales up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Pure skunk beer is this one

Tsingtao

I've had many Tsingtao (all this beer I profess to drink is starting to scare me) when eating at good Chinese restaurants (mostly in California) and it's a very good beer, BUT, it has to be fresh.  If you get them after they've been cooled and warmed repeatedly and left sitting in a cooler for a couple of months, they will go skunky.  If you get it fresh, it's very crisp and goes well with food.

I don't think you can even get most of that list out my way.

Those beers all suck

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Carling Black Label was a huge beer here in Massachusetts back in the 60's. It sponsored the Red Sox games on TV ("Hey Mabel! I'll have another Black Label!") and was brewed on the shores of Lake Cochituate in Natick, MA. Narragansett was another major RS sponsor ("Hi Neighbor, have a "Gansett") and that brand has been revived.

El Presidente is swill, one of the worst I've ever tasted- I would almost put Heineken in there too, there I said it.

Nothing wrong with PBR. It won a couple of medals in the 1800s but nothing since.

Schaefer ("The one beer to have when you're having more than one.") was one of the first, if not the first, major sponsors of sports stadiums and has a special niche in Boston history when it ponied up a half ton of money to build the original stadium for the Patriots in Foxboro. The stadium was initially called Schaefer Stadium (and still is in some conversations), then became Sullivan Stadium after owner Billy Sullivan, then Foxboro Stadium under the Krafts.

Schaefer Stadium was torn down after the 2001 season, the last game was the "Snow Bowl" against the Raiders, the game that made the Tuck Rule (and Tom Brady) famous, and was replaced by Gillette Stadium.

It can be argued that Schaefer beer saved the Patriots for Boston (as did the sleepy town of Foxboro) as they had no stadium back then, playing games all over the region- Boston College, Fenway Park, BU Field (the old Boston Braves park), etc. They were nomads and, as bad as Schaefer Stadium was with the aluminum benches and terrible access, it served the purpose for 30 years and cost a mere $16 million to build, IIRC.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Can't find my beer anymore anywhere, Carling Black Label

I have drunk more than my fair share of skunky beers before. I've even made PBR my sole drink for nights on end. But I cannot stomach Black Label. It's just too bad. I can feel the headache start as soon as that stuff touches my lips.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Sales of awful American beers are on the decline. Stunning. I will drink Old Milwaukee as sort of a joke. 

I am not a big beer drinker at all. 3-4 occassions a year, tops.

About 5 or so months ago my wife went to Outback for dinner. They were doing something called a "Beer Flight". The brought you 3, approximately 4-5 ounce glasses of beer to try. I ordered it and I really liked Stella Artois. It's a Belgian beer, pretty smooth I thought and good. I have seen them step up their advertising recently the last month or so. The other two beers were a Sam Adams seasonal beer and Blue Moon, which I have had before with a bit of an orange. Not bad either.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Nothing gives good headache and the back house trots like Iron City beer. There's a chemistry experiment in every can.

*looks at list* Yeah I don't drink those beers. 

Ever notice that you can buy Coors Light just about anywhere but good luck finding full flavored Coors..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Ever notice that you can buy Coors Light just about anywhere but good luck finding full flavored Coors..

There's a full flavored Coors?

Quote:There's a full flavored Coors?

See what i mean? There's commercials for it, but its really rare to find it in stores.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Billy Beer... Schwinnnng.
Blakes Life Matters

Did anybody ever try Bud Dry? I remember commercials as a kid but never tried it before it was discontinued. It must have been terrible.

Quote:Did anybody ever try Bud Dry? I remember commercials as a kid but never tried it before it was discontinued. It must have been terrible.

All the dry labels were bad. Headache in a bottle they were.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Interesting factoid: In most blind taste tests, Old Milwaukee wins a majority of the time. I don't remember ever trying it, but have thought about it a time or two.

When people are drinking beer out of plain cups and most say it's the best, can they all really be that wrong?
In college, Old Milwaukee was the go-to beer.  It actually isn't bad, but I found that it tasted best when it was ice cold.  If you didn't drink it quickly, and it warmed even the slightest bit, the taste of the beer changed and it almost hat that old "skunky beer" flavor. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Billy Beer... Schwinnnng.

Never tried it, but from the same vintage, Mickey's Big Mouth Beer was another favorite. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:In college, Old Milwaukee was the go-to beer. It actually isn't bad, but I found that it tasted best when it was ice cold. If you didn't drink it quickly, and it warmed even the slightest bit, the taste of the beer changed and it almost hat that old "skunky beer" flavor.
Nothing to do with drinking it, but nonetheless an interesting anecdote.

When I was in high school my friend's parents were just slobs. Back then, we didn't have a name for it but I'm sure they were 'hoarders'.

I used to go down in their basement and it would totally freak me out. His dad had, literally, hundreds of empty cases of Old Milwaukee down there. Stacked up as high as they could possibly go.

One of the things I found really odd about it...well, other than the fact that they were even there..was that they were all "returnables". I'm sure there were hundreds of dollars of bottles down there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I have drunk more than my fair share of skunky beers before. I've even made PBR my sole drink for nights on end. But I cannot stomach Black Label. It's just too bad. I can feel the headache start as soon as that stuff touches my lips.
When we used to vacation at the Jersey Shore in my early 20's. We used to go to The Anchorage Tavern in Somer's Point, NJ and get 7 ten ounce glasses of Ortliebs for a buck. The bartender would pour them all at once and bunch the group in his hands and set them all on the bar on front of you. It was awful but you could get sloshed on two bucks worth of beer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]