Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You know what I would love more than just a normal win against the Bills?

The Bills aren't a cupcake team...  They'll show up to play.  Though that loss to the Falcons 2 weeks ago makes me feel pretty confident that we have a good chance against them.

Lord help me if I just jinxed  us...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't care what the score is as long as we win.  Given the trends of our wins so far, an early TD seems to set the offensive tone.  If we don't score 7 within the first two possessions, I'll start getting concerned.

Quote:I don't care what the score is as long as we win.  Given the trends of our wins so far, an early TD seems to set the offensive tone.  If we don't score 7 within the first two possessions, I'll start getting concerned.

I hear ya.  You have to give credit to the OC since the bye.  The offense has come out like gangbusters in the opening quarter.  Even against the t'horns we scored on our first 2 drives, if I remember correctly.  

Quote:Just one point is not enough for me. We are talking about the team that was blown out in Tampa.

A win is a win. If you care about style points, follow college football.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 12:30 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:A win is a win. If you care about style points, follow college football.

....and looking at your sig, we know thats not something you care about. Ninja

It would be nice to get a blowout win on occasion. 

A normal win?   

If only winning were "normal."   Unfortunately any type of win would be plenty un-normal.  A blowout would be amazing. 

Quote:You've got a real obsession with my signature pic. Considering the closest you'll ever come is your boyfriends Vespa, I guess I understand why.

hahahahhaha, is that the best you got? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't roll that way. And whats a vespa?? I think I asked you that before...

Quote:hahahahhaha, is that the best you got? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't roll that way. And whats a vespa?? I think I asked you that before...
[Image: vespa_action-photo-1_560x420.jpg]

I have visions of FBT riding that contraption down the road and pieces falling off leaving a trail of parts until he's left with the handlebars and his 2 feet like the Flintstones. Laughing 

Does that thing even make it to the stadium?? 

Quote:[Image: vespa_action-photo-1_560x420.jpg]

Oh, ok, LOL! 

Looks like LLoyd Christmas.... Laughing 

Ohh you guys and your cat fights... Meow!

Quote:I would love it if the Jags could just blow out a team for once. I'm happy with all of the wins lately, but most of them came when the offense started playing real conservatively, and it was up to the defense to bail us out. I would love it if our offense could just explode with touchdown after touchdown, and our defense just dominated the other team.

It doesn't have to be a Broncos type beatdown where the team gets a fifty burger (Although that would be awesome), but just where we have a comfortable lead. Fortunately, we're playing the Bills this week and so we have a big opportunity to do just that, but I think that this game has the potential to turn into a trap game like Houston was in 2004.

I hear you on this - we were just saying that at the game last week - wouldn't it be nice to have one of those games where you never question the outcome, you control it from the get go, and know you are going to win and win big?!  We haven't had one in a while... although I will take a win by 1 point if need be.. but one of those big statement type wins would be great at home!!  If we don't win it will we okay too.. honestly to walk out of the stadium with a win felt like a wealth of riches to poor old win deprived me..is that like Stockholm Syndrome? 

Quote:It's hard to blow out a team when your QB is barely breaking 100 yards passing.

Not that it couldn't be a case of EJ imploding and throwing a bunch of pick sixes, but it's unlikely to happen because teams generally don't take a lot of chances when they're playing a team whose offense strikes no fear into them.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011121108...highlights

I know blaine had 200 but he's a typical 100 yard-game kinda guy. 

I'd like to see a win against a good team.  Unfortunately I'm not sure any teams remaining on our schedule fit that definition.  Maybe the Colts.  But lately even they're 'eh'.  Browns could have fit that definition if Weeden hadn't been their QB.  

Hopefully next year we get some wins against good teams.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'd like to see a win against a good team.  Unfortunately I'm not sure any teams remaining on our schedule fit that definition.  Maybe the Colts.  But lately even they're 'eh'.  Browns could have fit that definition if Weeden hadn't been their QB.  

That would be great - although I will take any win at this point Smile  Walking out of Everbank last week with a win for the first time in a long time felt so great.. I want that feeling again - having suffered through so many "walk of shame" moments - that was awesome!

Quote:I'd like to see a win against a good team.  Unfortunately I'm not sure any teams remaining on our schedule fit that definition.  Maybe the Colts.  But lately even they're 'eh'.  Browns could have fit that definition if Weeden hadn't been their QB.  

The Colts would not be 8-5 if they sucked. Three of their wins were against the Broncos, 49ers, and Seahawks. That is pretty impressive. I expect a loss at Indianapolis.

Quote:The Colts would not be 8-5 if they sucked. Three of their wins were against the Broncos, 49ers, and Seahawks. That is pretty impressive. I expect a loss at Indianapolis.

Those key victories were before they got decimated with injuries. Since the injuries to them, they are not a good team. Haven't been very good lately at all.

I must have real low expectations then all I want is a good performance

Win or loose if we compete I'm golden

My how times have changed...

October: "I just want us to be competitive."

November: "I just want to win."

December: "I want us to win with a blowout." 

Quote:My how times have changed...

October: "I just want us to be competitive."

November: "I just want to win."

December: "I want us to win with a blowout." 

I don't think an occasional blowout win is too much to ask for. Especially with the level of competition we face in this 2nd half of the schedule. I wish we could have saved this 2nd half schedule for when we really could have used it. I don't think I ever remember an easier 8 game stretch of opponents. Not even in 1999.