Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who should be on the first cut list when the offseason begins?

Quote:Mincey I'm sure will be a goner.

Need to find a new center. Maybe we could grab that Mack guy from Cleveland

I wouldn't be the least surprised if the Browns used the Franchise Tag on Alex Mack,  if a new contract agreement isn't reached prior to the deadline to Tag a player. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cut Mincey,, bad attitude bad contract

Cut Gabbert

Resign henne to veteran minimum

Meester retire

Allow rackley and Brewster to complete against the FA/draft picks,we brought in cut as applicable

Cut Daedrick

Cut forsett

Cut Stephen Burton

Resign marks ball Blackman to two year deal

Restructure Lewis's contract or cut

With rest its back to competition in training camp

Cut the looser

Quote:That's like asking out a girl before you break up with another.. Just let them go
There isn't a monogamous relationship between players and a team, this is business.

It's more akin to finding a new job before you quit your old one.

I'm throwing a party at everbank when Gabbert gets cut, it's going to be great we're going to all dress up as a bad QB and throw inaccurate passes to a justin blackmon cut out. I'm going as Tebow

Quote:I'm throwing a party at everbank when Gabbert gets cut, it's going to be great we're going to all dress up as a bad QB and throw inaccurate passes to a justin blackmon cut out. I'm going as Tebow

I assume the cut out of Blackmon will be lying on the ground with an empty bottle nearby?

GABBERT

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I assume the cut out of Blackmon will be lying on the ground with an empty bottle nearby?
If Gabbert was my QB i'd probably be dead by the age of 35 with liver disease. 

Quote:Cut Mincey,, bad attitude bad contract

Cut Gabbert

Resign henne to veteran minimum

Meester retire

Allow rackley and Brewster to complete against the FA/draft picks,we brought in cut as applicable

Cut Daedrick

Cut forsett

Cut Stephen Burton

Resign marks ball Blackman to two year deal

Restructure Lewis's contract or cut

With rest its back to competition in training camp

Cut the looser

Pretty much sums it up. Though id give Marks a 3 year deal.

Really hope we can keep Ball, Blackmon, and Marks. Marks might be the one we lose, unfortunately. Hopefully he's addicted to the Gus juice.
No commercial messages in sigs

Cut Mincey.  Restructure Poz's contract.  Injury settlement for Forsett and Burton, then cut.  Sign Marks to a 3-4 year deal.  Cut Gabbert and Henne.    

Quote:  Restructure Poz's contract. 
i thought about that bit but we haven't got any leverage he has played brilliantly this season forced fumbles and anchored a young defense. His salary is high but i don't feel we have any leverage to ask him to reduce it.

That being said perhaps for an extension he would spread it over more years but thats all on him

henne

forset

mincy

tafua <sic> Resign Greg Jones

then aquire Andre Johnson from the tacs

Ima cry tears of joy when Henne is gone

For me:

Gabbert

Henne

Meester (Again, most likely retiring)

I'm not too sure if we should cut Babin and Rackley.

Losing Marks to FA would be a huge blow to this team. He's played nothing short of outstanding football. On any other team he would be getting pro-bowl votes right now.

I just can't see Posluzny going. He just seems like too much of a 'Gus guy' to me.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:My first cuts

Gabbert

Rackley

Meester (probably retiring anyway)

Mincey

Babin
all make sense, except Rackley

why cut a young player on a cheap rookie contract without his replacement on the roster? and he's actually played better since the bye week. I'm sure we'll bring in some competition in the draft or maybe even free agency, but I don't see him getting cut.

Quote:For me:

Gabbert

Henne

Meester (Again, most likely retiring)

I'm not too sure if we should cut Babin and Rackley.
Henne is a FA, isn't he?

Cut:

Gabbert

Mincey - mostly due to contract but also lacked productivity this season

Babin - same as Mincey to a much lesser degree

Resign:

Henne - sign to a veteran minimum

Marks - wish he didn't only have a one year contract, time to pay the man

Ball - he has been the most consistent corner on the team and has played pretty darn good

Will Blackmon - also played good enough for a contract, got a mean streak in him that fits with Gus and the new secondary

Allow Meester to retire

Keep Rackley, he is improving and we can allow him to compete for a roster spot for the cheap

Poz is not good in coverage but he is the face of and anchor on our D.  Wish his contract wasn't so much but it's not insane

Lewis - Always has enough flashes to not want to cut bait completely but he needs to be on the cheap

Mojo - short term contract that doesn't break the bank.  He deserves it and has earned it.

Quote:Ima cry tears of joy when Henne is gone

Why? He's played very well for us and if we can keep him as a backup that would be huge for the team. Not sure why you want him gone.