Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is our QB next year?

Quote:Not true.

If the rookies this year get used to losing, it hurts confidence and it hurts progression.
Fat lotta good that "winning culture " has done for Houston from last year to this one.

I never believed losing consistently made the players or coaches not want to play hard. Nor do I believe winning consistently leads to a team playing harder.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fat lotta good that "winning culture " has done for Houston from last year to this one.

I never believed losing consistently made the players or coaches not want to play hard. Nor do I believe winning consistently leads to a team playing harder.
The Texans have coaching issues IMO, In the first half of the season the defence was playing lights out and their offense kept putting the defense in a bad position, there's what three games the texans should have won if the offense didn't screw it up for them.

Then the second half of the season rolls around and the Texans offense starts scoring, but the defense fails to stop anyone. I would blame that on the coaching more than anything.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Fat lotta good that "winning culture " has done for Houston from last year to this one.

Kubiak has never been solid in Houston. Also, didn't the Texans finish last season quite poorly? I remember the Colts almost catching them up.

Aside from that, they lost the guy who had been making a lot of the teams big plays (Foster) for the season.

Cutler would be entertainment

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 05:43 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Cutler would be entertainment

Do not want here.  I agree with the other poster - his attitude sucks. Let him go to Houston, 

Quote:Do not want here.  I agree with the other poster - his attitude sucks. Let him go to Houston, 
It's kind of ironic, cutler's year, Because he was attempting to pull a flacco to win the superbowl and land the super paycheck, but instead, he'll probably just get it Via FA. It won't be as much, but I'm sure he'll fetch a hefty sum.  Tbh i wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the Vikes just from the perspective that if Chicago's D keeps sucking, it'll just be a shootout every game in the NFC North.

My 2 QB's of choice were Teddy then Manziel.. I don't think Teddy is going to happen unless we trade, so give me Manziel.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:He is probably coming out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-comebacks

I think he comes out.. I just don't see why he wouldn't. He can either compete with Bridgewater for #1 QB taken or Winston. Either way, he would serve himself better coming out this year, getting taken by Jacksonville and staying in warmer weather where he could excel. He needs to learn to play better in the cold, but that can come with time. He could be a face of this franchise that is also a Florida boy that can turn the team around. Bortles.. COME OUT!!!

Should be interesting to watch where Bortles is projected as the draft gets closer.  (should he come out) I failed to mention him in my prior post  since many (draft analysts)  don't expect him to come out - but he's certainly a possibility if they trade down a bit in the first, or if he ends up being a second rounder.  

Quote:I think he comes out.. I just don't see why he wouldn't. He can either compete with Bridgewater for #1 QB taken or Winston. Either way, he would serve himself better coming out this year, getting taken by Jacksonville and staying in warmer weather where he could excel. He needs to learn to play better in the cold, but that can come with time. He could be a face of this franchise that is also a Florida boy that can turn the team around. Bortles.. COME OUT!!!

I didn't know Bortles was 6' 4"? That helps. The 4th Q comebacks were impressive this season. I'm warming up to the possibility. 

Hopefully Bortles or Carr will still be on the board. Who knows - maybe those guys end up passing Bridgewater when all is said and done. This time last year no one would have expected EJ Manuel to pass Geno Smith to be a top 20 pick and the first QB taken.

Quote:Should be interesting to watch where Bortles is projected as the draft gets closer.  (should he come out) I failed to mention him in my prior post  since many (draft analysts)  don't expect him to come out - but he's certainly a possibility if they trade down a bit in the first, or if he ends up being a second rounder.  
There's an NFL.com Ranking with the college Qbs and the person who made it thinks that all said and done after the combine and everything that he could end up being the first QB off the board because of this size and clutch factor which apparently NFL teams Covet. Tbh the more I read on him, and the more game film I watch I do like him.

Quote:Should be interesting to watch where Bortles is projected as the draft gets closer.  (should he come out) I failed to mention him in my prior post  since many (draft analysts)  don't expect him to come out - but he's certainly a possibility if they trade down a bit in the first, or if he ends up being a second rounder.  

If he comes out, Bortles goes top 5..

I like Bortles' GF better than McCarron's GF:

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/file....09-AM.png

wonder if we make a play for Big Ben... he has some left in the tank and i think if we can manage to pry him away from pitt, he could take advantage of the talent already in place here... he is the type of QB who can extend plays long enough to run deeper routes which we have been lacking for some time... plus he has 2 sb's to his name so he is not a stranger of winning.... i know its a long shot but i think we can get him here.

Quote:There's an NFL.com Ranking with the college Qbs and the person who made it thinks that all said and done after the combine and everything that he could end up being the first QB off the board because of this size and clutch factor which apparently NFL teams Covet. Tbh the more I read on him, and the more game film I watch I do like him.

yep me too. 

Quote:wonder if we make a play for Big Ben... he has some left in the tank and i think if we can manage to pry him away from pitt, he could take advantage of the talent already in place here... he is the type of QB who can extend plays long enough to run deeper routes which we have been lacking for some time... plus he has 2 sb's to his name so he is not a stranger of winning.... i know its a long shot but i think we can get him here.
As much is i respect big ben, I don't think he's what the Jags are looking for. We're going for the future, and a 5 year stop gap would probably only hurt is in the long run.

Quote:I like Bortles' GF better than McCarron's GF:

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/file....09-AM.png
is this a safe link to open at work, or should I wait till i get home ha.

Quote:wonder if we make a play for Big Ben... he has some left in the tank and i think if we can manage to pry him away from pitt, he could take advantage of the talent already in place here... he is the type of QB who can extend plays long enough to run deeper routes which we have been lacking for some time... plus he has 2 sb's to his name so he is not a stranger of winning.... i know its a long shot but i think we can get him here.

whatever happens, I'm starting to have the feeling that we indeed will have options available. Its not as "bridgewater or bust" as I once thought. 

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:As much is i respect big ben, I don't think he's what the Jags are looking for. We're going for the future, and a 5 year stop gap would probably only hurt is in the long run.

It would hurt us only if they continued to ignore developmental QB in the draft at the same time.