Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Paztor

My hopes to take Bortles in the 1st, Cyril Richardson in the 2nd and our 2014 OL to look like this:

LT - Luke Joeckel

LG - Cyril Richardson

OC - Mike Brewster

RG - Uche Nwaneri

RT - Austin Paztor

That fellas, is not a bad looking OL for Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:My hopes to take Bortles in the 1st, Cyril Richardson in the 2nd and our 2014 OL to look like this:

LT - Luke Joeckel

LG - Cyril Richardson

OC - Mike Brewster

RG - Uche Nwaneri

RT - Austin Paztor

You don't draft Qbs with dumb last names.. haven't we learned that already?

Gabbert

Leaf

Couch

etc..

bad name = bad QB it's been proven. 

Quote:You don't draft Qbs with dumb last names.. haven't we learned that already?

Gabbert

Leaf

Couch

etc..

. That was not been proven.

Quote:You don't draft Qbs with dumb last names.. haven't we learned that already?

Gabbert

Leaf

Couch

etc..

Favre, Roethlisburger, Aikmen, Marino, Elway, Brees. Yeah, good call.

Exactly.. Tarkington, Bart Starr, Flacco, Vinny Testerverde (was decent)

Really excited about Paztor. He's played well and should only get better.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:My hopes to take Bortles in the 1st, Cyril Richardson in the 2nd and our 2014 OL to look like this:

LT - Luke Joeckel

LG - Cyril Richardson

OC - Mike Brewster

RG - Uche Nwaneri

RT - Austin Paztor

I'd bet that Brewster won't be starting at this point.  He's looked horrible at LG when he's played.  

On topic:   Pasztor just keeps getting better.  He did actually have Watt one on one a couple times the other night and held him off just enough.  He also moved him on running downs a couple of times!   I made a crappy screenshot gif of Pasztor moving Watt laterally to clear a hole for MJD.  (9 yd gain on the play)

[Image: FwM_X0.gif]

Quote:Who're you talking about here?

Paztor, the topic

Quote: 

On topic:   Pasztor just keeps getting better.  He did actually have Watt one on one a couple times the other night and held him off just enough.  He also moved him on running downs a couple of times!   I made a crappy screenshot gif of Pasztor moving Watt laterally to clear a hole for MJD.  (9 yd gain on the play)...

Love the gif..saw it in the game and even the announcers went wow.

How many guys off the practice squad can square off with JJ?

Honey Paztor aint scared! :no:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 06:20 PM by JagsorDie.)

paztor got alot of praise from mayock thursday night and IMO Mayock is one of the best out there at evaluating talent.... another one to look at is rackley.... i watched the game again last night and saw a couple plays where we were using him to get to the second lvl and shut down the LB's.... iirc it was MJD's big break in the 3rd that Rackley got to the second lvl and stuffed the LB and allowed MJD to break one loose... his biggest question mark is durability, but between him and paztor i like the way this line is shaping up.

edit:actually in the that GIF above u can see rackley comeing across from left to right and stuffing the LB in the gab allowing mojo to get up the middle basicly untouched.

Gabbert

Leaf

Couch

etc..

Classic TMD.

Quote: 

edit:actually in the that GIF above u can see rackley comeing across from left to right and stuffing the LB in the gab allowing mojo to get up the middle basicly untouched.

Pasztor  - Nwaneri - Rackley  - Ta ufo 'ou - and  Marcedes  all blocked well on the play.   

Mojo had to pause a beat for Rackley to pull - but as soon as he cleared the hole was opening.  Well executed play. 

I can't wait for Joeckel to come back next year. Our tackles are going to be good. We need some interior lineman though.

Quote:JJ Watt was moved around a lot, he did not have a better game going up 1v1 with Paztor. 

JJ Watt always moves around. He excels on the inside, but his moving around doesn't mean Pasztor beat him. JJ Watt did have the better game.

Quote:Watt had 3 tackles and that's it.

Unless he got a lot of hurries, because unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the game until the pick by Geno in the 4th with.

But that isn't it. He had 3 tackles, 7 QB pressures, 3 QB hits, and 1 pass defensed. I remember him having 2 PDs but the statline only had 1 listed. 

LT - Luke Joeckel

LG - Cyril Richardson

OC - Mike Brewster

RG - Uche Nwaneri

RT - Austin Paztor

That, fella, is Mike Brewster playing center, which sound pretty awful to me.

Quote:Not surprising. Rackley just is not very good.

Yea, Rackley has to be replaced this offseason. He's terrible

Quote:My hopes to take Bortles in the 1st, Cyril Richardson in the 2nd and our 2014 OL to look like this:LT - Luke JoeckelLG - Cyril RichardsonOC - Mike BrewsterRG - Uche NwaneriRT - Austin PaztorThat fellas, is not a bad looking OL for Bortles.

I'm not sold on Brewster. He's struggled at times. Time to go in a new direction.

Brewster is valuable to have just as a backup. 

Cameron Bradfield is a pretty good backup as well.  I think Pasztor, if he continues to play well - will get a chance to start at RT.

IMO we need to address LG and C.... draft a C in round 3 if we think he's starter material and a significant upgrade to Brewster.  It would be pointless drafting someone in round 5 or 6 if we have him rated similarly to Brewster.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Brewster is valuable to have just as a backup. 

Cameron Bradfield is a pretty good backup as well.  I think Pasztor, if he continues to play well - will get a chance to start at RT.

IMO we need to address LG and C.... draft a C in round 3 if we think he's starter material and a significant upgrade to Brewster.  It would be pointless drafting someone in round 5 or 6 if we have him rated similarly to Brewster.
Bradfield this season has proved that he is more then capable of starting in a bind and will be a great swing tackle. I feel like Pasztor is the RT of the future and will only continue to improve. 

We definitely need to add some talent in the interior so Rackley can be pushed out of a staring position or improve win his starting spot. In either situation the guy who loses the competition will be a better backup then Brewster currently is.

A replacement for Meester is also needed. Whether through the draft or free agency we need an upgrade.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

LT - Luke Joeckel
LG - Cyril Richardson
OC - Mike Brewster
RG - Uche Nwaneri
RT - Austin Paztor

I like Richardson, and hope he's available in round 2. However, I think someone will actually take him in the late 1st. No to Brewster as the starting center...a good veteran center with some tread left on the tires to help Bortles or another rookie QB would be better.

Quote:Bradfield this season has proved that he is more then capable of starting in a bind and will be a great swing tackle. I feel like Pasztor is the RT of the future and will only continue to improve. 

We definitely need to add some talent in the interior so Rackley can be pushed out of a staring position or improve win his starting spot. In either situation the guy who loses the competition will be a better backup then Brewster currently is.

A replacement for Meester is also needed. Whether through the draft or free agency we need an upgrade.
i agree with almost all of this

bradfield has played relatively well and deserves his spot as rotational/ back up and to fight for lt with joeckel, patzor deserves to keep his rt spot to see if he can develop into that other bookend

particularly against the texans he seemed to be getting more push in the run game after being very good in pass coverage thus far

i personally would like rackley gone, multiple penalties, the hands to the face penalties kill me, sacks and just general poor play (though he looked good in movement blocking in the run game springing a couple of long runs for mjd) mean he is the liability on our line.

Brewster is his back up and if he can't beat rackley out well i would cut brewster and let rackely and a new left guard fight it out.

As for centre, i think it's time to move on from meester.

I hope we take travis swanson in the second round perhaps trading down to later in the round and still getting him as from what I have seen he just seems solid on both run and pass protection. His feet look good though I seem him stuff up his man and not clear him out in the running game, though nfl conditioning programmes should help that. I'm hoping to see him look solid in the senior bowl and think he could be a lock at centre for years to come