Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD Wants to Return... Says Agent Will Get It Done

If its a reasonable shorter term deal, and keeping him doesn't preclude them from adding another serious RB from the draft, then I have no problem with MoJo returning. 

People have to realize where he is though. He's about to be Fred Taylor in his twilight years very soon. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<sub>Hope he's on next years train. :woot: </sub>

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

players want to play for Gus Bradley, keep MJD draft a young RB good deal

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

MJD needs to finish his career here. He IS the heart of the team still.

Everyone has had their up and downs but MJD bring a lot of excitement to the team and is a team player. He looks like he is getting his mojo back. hope we keep him or come up with a contract already. Like I said, He has his downs here but he has given the franchise a lot with his excitement level of play. Good player all around. Monster blocks, great hands and a Dual RB. Elusive and Powerful

Quote:If its a reasonable shorter term deal, and keeping him doesn't preclude them from adding another serious RB from the draft, then I have no problem with MoJo returning. 

People have to realize where he is though. He's about to be Fred Taylor in his twilight years very soon.

I don't like that comparison. He's actually gotten much better as the season has progressed. It's very rare you see that from a player in their "twilight years". I think he can still be a productive back for a few more years. Ill concede that his 30 carry days are behind him.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

What are the chances of an actual extension though? How many seasons and at what salary? I think MJD will still want a pretty solid deal before he agrees to returning.

Quote:What are the chances of an actual extension though? How many seasons and at what salary? I think MJD will still want a pretty solid deal before he agrees to returning.

There will probably be a pretty large gap between what he expects and his actual market value.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 03:11 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:What are the chances of an actual extension though? How many seasons and at what salary? I think MJD will still want a pretty solid deal before he agrees to returning.

Well, when you look at some of the recent deals that were done around the League, we may be able to get a feel for the market...

Reggie Bush signed a flat, four year, $16 million deal with Detroit that has $5 million guaranteed and a $4 million base salary in the final year. I doubt he'll see the end of that though since his Cap hit deteriorates over the life of the contract to where it won't strap Detroit to cut him loose if his production falls off.

Steven Jackson's contract with Atlanta is for three years, and $12 million total. It has a $3.5 million signing bonus, but his Base Salary blows up to $3.75 million in 2015, the final year. I dont' think he'll see that at all

With cost increases and all, it looks as if the going rate will be just under or at $4 million per year with at least a $3.5 million signing bonus. Then again, that's simply basing it off of these two Running Backs that I pulled off the top of my head.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Well, when you look at some of the recent deals that were done around the League, we may be able to get a feel for the market...

Reggie Bush signed a flat, four year, <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/reggie-bush/'>$16 million deal</a> with Detroit that has $5 million guaranteed and a $4 million base salary in the final year. I doubt he'll see the end of that though since his Cap hit deteriorates over the life of the contract to where it won't strap Detroit to cut him loose if his production falls off.

Steven Jackson's <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/steven-jackson/'>contract</a> with Atlanta is for three years, and $12 million total. It has a $3.5 million signing bonus, but his Base Salary blows up to $3.75 million in 2015, the final year. I dont' think he'll see that at all

With cost increases and all, it looks as if the going rate will be just under or at $4 million per year with at least a $3.5 million signing bonus. Then again, that's simply basing it off of these two Running Backs that I pulled off the top of my head.

We gave that much to Henne to be our backup QB. I would be fine with that

Quote:We need him for a couple more years to take the pressure off our rookie QB and to teach our future RB(s). We don't want to make a desperation move and give up a 1st for an underwhelming injuryprone RB.
Kelvin Taylor! 2 more years!

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I don't like that comparison. He's actually gotten much better as the season has progressed. It's very rare you see that from a player in their "twilight years". I think he can still be a productive back for a few more years. Ill concede that his 30 carry days are behind him.
Actually Fred used to get better as the season went on all the time. I think that would be an argument for that comparison. However, I agree with what you are saying though. A twilight year Fred was pretty good. Didn't he avg like 5 yards a carry when he was 30?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Actually Fred used to get better as the season went on all the time. I think that would be an argument for that comparison. However, I agree with what you are saying though. A twilight year Fred was pretty good. Didn't he avg like 5 yards a carry when he was 30?

I assumed he was referring to the Patriot years, in which case Fred never got off of the bench because he couldn't stay healthy.

This actually really makes me happy.. He has battled through some rough times here, it would be good to see him succeed with a successful team.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 03:54 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:I assumed he was referring to the Patriot years, in which case Fred never got off of the bench because he couldn't stay healthy.
Well, if he was that was a different point in time, the Freddy T of 29-31 (2005,2006,2007) was still quite productive for us. And even in NE, he looked good the first year, he just was 33 and got injured.

I just watched the post game NFL Network interview with MoJo.  He really does sound upbeat and positive, and not just spouting platitudes.  His remarks combined with our turn around has me doing a spiritual sigh of relief.  I feel like we've finally turned the corner and our future really is getting brighter.  I foresee brisk season ticket sales next year.  

Quote:I just watched the post game NFL Network interview with MoJo.  He really does sound upbeat and positive, and not just spouting platitudes.  His remarks combined with our turn around has me doing a spiritual sigh of relief.  I feel like we've finally turned the corner and our future really is getting brighter.  I foresee brisk season ticket sales next year.
In the "would you keep mjd thread" I stated that I wouldn't. After watching that post game and interview I have changed my tune. It did seem to be sincere and not just being politically correct. Times seem to be changing!! I'm fired up!

I want MJD to remain a Jaguar his entire career, I'd like us to have one franchise player not move on in his old age.. Freddy T/Brunell etc. 

Quote:Kelvin Taylor! 2 more years!
 yes please and thank you

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Kelvin Taylor! 2 more years!

Todd Gurley is so much better than Kelvin.