Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley comments

Quote:  I'm confident that not even one person who plays Fantasy Football had Ace Sanders AND Jordan Todman in their starting lineup this week.  That by itself demonstrates how unpredictable the play call was.
True dat.  I am actually matched against a guy  this week that started Todman and has Cecil on the bench!  :woot:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someone at USA Today thinks Bradley is a candidate for coach of the year.  

FWIW :

http://q.usatoday.com/2013/12/06/gus-bra...h-of-year/

Quote:Someone at USA Today thinks Bradley is a candidate for coach of the year.  

FWIW :

While I don't think Gus has even a remote shot at getting the award, the article does bring up a salient point; shouldn't the coaches who have done more with less actually be more deserving of the award? I mean, they are the ones that are working harder at producing a quality team, not the ones that walk into a situation loaded with talent and simply need a few tweaks and some fresh air.

I don't know if Gus has done a better job than Reid or Payton, but I do know that he has a whole lot less talent on his roster than those two other coaches.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:While I don't think Gus has even a remote shot at getting the award, the article does bring up a salient point; shouldn't the coaches who have done more with less actually be more deserving of the award? I mean, they are the ones that are working harder at producing a quality team, not the ones that walk into a situation loaded with talent and simply need a few tweaks and some fresh air.

I don't know if Gus has done a better job than Reid or Payton, but I do know that he has a whole lot less talent on his roster than those two other coaches.
I agree, and you may have explained it better than the writer of that article.  His Andy Reid caveat was pretty unconvincing. 

Quote:For someone who is so active in here you're pretty clueless. Todman was a sixth round pick in the 2011 draft by San Diego. I saw him play a few times in college. He was a standout player at UCONN.
Who cares. You're ruining the moment. Over 200 roster moves and you expect me to remember Todman was a 6th rd pick and not a UDFA. *shrug*

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 03:12 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Did anyone catch Gus' comments that he is holding back jedd regarding creative play calling? Two gimmick plays for a td in back to back weeks is giving me reason to believe in jedd. I really had no hope for in to begin thr season but we're scoring points with marginal NFL talent.

This is PR. Fisch is bungling on obvious NFL levels.

Before we fire Fisch, let's see if he can teach the WRs to run a route beyond the first down marker.

Give Fisch a chance to correct his own incompetence.

Gadget plays are a sign of weakness in the NFL. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Someone at USA Today thinks Bradley is a candidate for coach of the year.  

FWIW :

All PR.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:All PR.

(puts on tin foil hat)

Woah...you're right

Quote:Who cares. You're ruining the moment. Over 200 roster moves and you expect me to remember Todman was a 6th rd pick and not a UDFA. *shrug*
Or that Gene Smith acquired him off waivers in 2012?   :teehee:

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 03:24 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:I agree, and you may have explained it better than the writer of that article.  His Andy Reid caveat was pretty unconvincing. 

Yeah, I think I've read posts on here that have made better points than that part of his article. At least it kind of brings a good comparison between rosters into the discussion though.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

In Gus I Trust..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Or that Gene Smith acquired him off waivers in 2012? :teehee:
*leaves thread*

If Gus somehow ends up going 7-9 he may get consideration.

Quote:*leaves thread*
HaHa.  Moment ruined.  My bad. Couldn't resist.

Here - this will make you feel better. 

[Image: 825889831.gif?1386301214]

BTW  - did you see the flea flicker?

[Image: Z9kTHD.gif]

Why is the second video blurry and choppy?

Quote:Why is the second video blurry and choppy?
It's not a video - it's just 4 still screenshots in succession. 

Laughing hard at Houston's Dlinemen on Ace's passes. So much confusion!

92(?) is the best one, swat that pass!

I wont judge the play calling until a better QB comes in.  Chad Henne is incredibly inaccurate.

Quote:How can you love that one more than Paul Posluszny's pick 6 in Denver and Will Blackmon's fumble touchdown, which won the game for us?
Because the plays he said are his favorite ARE indeed his favorite. Who the hell do you think you are to tell him which plays he should like and not like.

Your power trip borders on psychotic.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I disagree.  I support your sentiment - but I stick to my comments heretofore - stating that Fisch has had to limit his playbook installation due to Qb issues, O-line issues and new blocking scheme problems.   

We are seeing the very beginning of what this cat has up his sleeve IMO.  Yes - some of it is "nothing to lose - catch 'em off guard" stuff at this particular point in this season - but I think this guy's scheme is potent once the right pieces are in place.  

Did ANYONE see a slot receiver pass to the #2 RB coming last night???    :no:

Couldn't agree with you more and LOVING this turn around.