Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Branch

Quote:He seems to be playing the run adequately and his production is certainly picking up.

However, my issue is, has anyone ever seen him cleanly beat a tackle, bend around the edge and sack the QB? I sure haven't.

Every time he makes a play, I watch the replay and he gets stood up initially, tries the weakest arm-over move I've ever seen, and with a second or third effort gets to the QB.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's playing better but just once I'd like him to look like Robert Quinn/Aldon Smith out there. 

For that expectation to be realistic, then wouldn't it be necessary for him to have been drafted around the same spot as those guys?

Aldon Smith - 7th overall selection, 2011 draft

Robert Quinn - 14th overall selection, 2011 draft

Andre Branch - 38th overall selection, 2012 draft

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll get the keys to the Delorean.

Who needs a Delorean when you've got a perfectly good Police Box?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Who needs a Delorean when you've got a perfectly good Police Box?

touche

His rating went up in madden 1 or 2 points.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Who needs a Delorean when you've got a perfectly good Police Box?

Uh, looking cool?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2013, 06:15 AM by homebiscuit.)

I have to admit that I'm not as low on Branch (see what I did there?) as I used to be. He still has trouble bending the corner, but I haven't seen him get pushed in that pathetic arms-pin-wheeling sort of way ten yards past the QB by an OT lately. He seems to have improved his tenacity too and finds a way to get more involved in back field pressures and tackles.

He's definitely improving, but will never be a top-tier DE until he learns to turn his hips and bend the corner.

Quote:I have to admit that I'm not as low on Branch (see what I did there?) as I used to be. He still has trouble bending the corner, but I haven't seen him get pushed in that pathetic arms-pin-wheeling sort of way ten yards past the QB by an OT lately. He seems to have improved his tenacity too and finds a way to get more involved in back field pressures and tackles.

He's definitely improving, but will never be a top-tier DE until he learns to turn his hips and bend the corner.

I don't think this is something you can learn, either you have the flexibility in your hips or you don't, similar to defensive backs that have stiff hips.

I hope Andre can get a few more sacks and turn into something. At least a nice rotation player.
Shock the world

Quote:For that expectation to be realistic, then wouldn't it be necessary for him to have been drafted around the same spot as those guys?

Aldon Smith - 7th overall selection, 2011 draft

Robert Quinn - 14th overall selection, 2011 draft

Andre Branch - 38th overall selection, 2012 draft

I probably didn't word that clearly enough. When I said "just once" I meant on just one pass play I'd like to see him beat the tackle around the edge, bend and hit the QB clean like those other players do so well.

Just once, so that I know he is capable of it - I can't really remember ever seeing him do this.

Quote:I probably didn't word that clearly enough. When I said "just once" I meant on just one pass play I'd like to see him beat the tackle around the edge, bend and hit the QB clean like those other players do so well.

Just once, so that I know he is capable of it - I can't really remember ever seeing him do this.

I completely understand what your getting at. I'm also praying we see that once
Shock the world

Andre Branch is coming along. I have no idea how hard he is working to prepare for games, but he must be. His game is improving enough to hang onto him.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

He finally figured out where the QB is on the field.

Quote:He finally figured out where the QB is on the field.

They don't wear red jerseys like they do in practice.

Haaaaaaaaaarrrrdddd!

(Yes I realize that depending on who we are playing, they may indeed be wearing a red jersey)

Quote:They don't wear red jerseys like they do in practice.

Haaaaaaaaaarrrrdddd!

(Yes I realize that depending on who we are playing, they may indeed be wearing a red jersey)
well it appears if the texans are wearing a red jersey we should be set for this week, unless of course, he thinks that u can't actually hit the person in the jeresy, then as they say in waterboy, OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

it appears we're out of luck with those Deep steel blue jerseys. We almost had em.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:He seems to be playing the run adequately and his production is certainly picking up.

However, my issue is, has anyone ever seen him cleanly beat a tackle, bend around the edge and sack the QB? I sure haven't.

I saw him do it tonight. It wasn't the prettiest but he got it done against a very good tackle. Good for him.

I like where this young man is going. He has solidified a spot next year as well as letting Dave Caldwell look at other positions now in the draft. 

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:I like where this young man is going. He has solidified a spot next year as well as letting Dave Caldwell look at other positions now in the draft.
Nope. We still need more passrush

I got a fever and the only prescription is more passrush

Quote:Nope. We still need more passrush

I agree, but maybe in the later rounds, we are weaker at OG/C, QB and TE in no order. I say this because with the wins we have we will be missing out on Barr, Clowney, and most def Teddy. Maybe even Mack.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!