Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I told you we will win a game this year!

I've been saying for weeks that this team wasn't as bad as the pundits with the "worst team ever" crap. I said that over the last 8 weeks the schedule becomes very easy with many winnable games and that the Jags would certainly win one or multiple games over this frame. Going 0-16 was never going to happen, yet people still acted like it was a certainty. 

Oh well, forget Bridgewater, I guess we'll have to settle for Johnny Football now....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:After the win today and seeing how much it ticked off Tacks fans, I'd say 2-14 would be ok as long as we complete the sweep...even if it means missing out on the #1 pick.

Well, this is the kind of mindset that will keep us right where we are...

Unless they bottom out and get that first pick, then they'll likely not get -THE- quarterback, and will continue to be mired in mediocrity. 

We're going to win the AFC South. It's all about when you get hot.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:It is better for us psychologically to win games. Winning breeds pride and confidence. Losing makes football not much fun anymore. When players get used to losing they only get worse. I know all this because I read about the Bengals in my local newspaper and watched their games for years when they were terrible. As a Jaguars fan, I don't want that to happen to players in Jacksonville.

In addition, December 15 is Mark Brunell Day so I chose the Bills game to buy tickets for and hope they win it for him. I felt bad for Fred Taylor when we got blown out by the Bengals on his POTJ day.
People still read newspapers?!

Quote:Well, this is the kind of mindset that will keep us right where we are...

Unless they bottom out and get that first pick, then they'll likely not get -THE- quarterback, and will continue to be mired in mediocrity. 

For someone who likes to complain the team isn't showing improvement, you sure do get upset when they win.

;

;

Quote:I've been saying for weeks that this team wasn't as bad as the pundits with the "worst team ever" crap. I said that over the last 8 weeks the schedule becomes very easy with many winnable games and that the Jags would certainly win one or multiple games over this frame. Going 0-16 was never going to happen, yet people still acted like it was a certainty. 

Oh well, forget Bridgewater, I guess we'll have to settle for Johnny Football now....

i hope we don't make the mistake of drafting Manziel

Gene's Myth

Sorry the team won. I can't believe they let you down like that.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You would be miserable no matter what the team does.

Quote:I've been saying for weeks that this team wasn't as bad as the pundits with the "worst team ever" crap. I said that over the last 8 weeks the schedule becomes very easy with many winnable games and that the Jags would certainly win one or multiple games over this frame. Going 0-16 was never going to happen, yet people still acted like it was a certainty. 

Not so fast, TMD. The Buccaneers still may finish with a higher SOS than the Jaguars and even if we do miss out on Bridgewater, it is not guaranteed our consolation prize will be Manziel.

Quote:Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Everyone needs a purpose....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If they still get the first overall pick then I'm fine. They need to get -THE- QB or else nothing matters. 

From now on, whatever JagsWoman says...

Quote:If they still get the first overall pick then I'm fine. They need to get -THE- QB or else nothing matters. 

If Tampa wins tonight, we are in the same spot we were last week. I know we need to get a franchise QB but we also needed a win. You can't go 0-16.

;

;

Quote:From now on, whatever JagsWoman says...
We're all doomed..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I wouldn't mind a few more wins to be honest. Barr, Clowney, Matthews, Evans, and Mack are nice consolation prizes.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:I wouldn't mind a few more wins to be honest. Barr, Clowney, Matthews, Evans, and Mack are nice consolation prizes.

I don't know about the other guys, but am leaning against Clowney because he admitted he was a slacker last year and is struggling this season.

It is probably worth noting Jake Matthews is related to Clay and Casey.

I honestly hope there are better options than Johnathan Oblong Leather Inflatable Toy...  I guess if we draft him, I would keep an open mind, but he just seems too short, too skinny, and just not good enough...  Don't get me wrong, he's fun to watch.  I just don't thing his size and stature will hold up in the NFL.  That's just me.

Quote:Why didn't you guys believe me? Jake Locker is inconsistent. The Titans actually got better after he injured his foot. We played so well at Denver it was a given someday  this season we would win a game since everyone knows the Broncos are much better than all opponents on the second half of our schedule. I did not expect the Jaguars to win at Tennessee, but knew we could do it because the Titans are not very good no matter who their quarterback is.

I hope now that we have finally won a game, you will raise your expectations for the rest of the season. Can we sweep the Titans? Can we beat the Texans at least once? Can we beat the Cardinals and Bills? I see no reason we can't win some of those games. The only game I am extremely worried about is the last one at Indianapolis.

If nothing else occurs but a Titans sweep than the season wasnt a total loss.

Quote:If nothing else occurs but a Titans sweep than the season wasnt a total loss.

True, but I want to say we beat more than one team at the end of the year.

One win, two wins, three wins......it doesn't matter. No one will remember even 2 years from now. Can you remember the last team to win 1game? Lose all 16 games like Detroit did in '08.....your name lives forever in infamy. Glad we got the one win and a top 2 or 3 draft pick.